CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by krazy coils 14th May 2010, 7:30 pm

This looks really good!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by TheRYL1 14th May 2010, 11:00 pm

Your hair is wonderful! ;-)

I, too, have noticed the hair I've lost in the front...I think the reason was too much brushing back for that slicked back ponytail...SMH. I've recently started with castor oil...I've heard it helps thicken the hair line...so, I'm giving it a shot!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th May 2010, 12:26 am

I like it a lot!!! You did a great job.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Icon_eek Your hair is long. It touches your toushie? So how long do you want your hair to grow? It's funny I'm asking you that and I dont even know long I want my hair to grow but I think I'll know when it gets to that length.....whatever that is. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th May 2010, 6:38 pm

i like ur lynnie twist, lol @ waterfall, thats cute!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 15th May 2010, 8:12 pm

your twist are beautiful.....what are lynnie twist?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th May 2010, 9:19 pm

LOL @ natural chic...She is referring to my hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 16th May 2010, 9:48 pm

oh it is really pretty i thought i was missing out on some new process for twisting hair, lol
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 17th May 2010, 3:44 pm

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Lol no like she said i tried this style cause i saw her Avi. I've never attempted this myself. so this is a new look for me, thank you for the compliment.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 17th May 2010, 4:00 pm

Hey Curlies,

I am still twisted up. This weekend I went to the Gospel Explosion at Knott's Berry Farm and saw Marvin Sapp and Hezekiah Walker and tons of other Gospel artist! Loved it! It is never a disappointment. I also celebrated my grandma's 88th birthday yesterday. SHe had a great time telling me about life back in Jamaica and all the the things she sacraficed for her kids so they could have a better life out here. She is one of the reason i am a great mom today. So I went over her house and her hair was a hot mess! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Kopfschuettel My dad and Uncle have no idea what to do with her hair. So I look in her cabinet and cupboards and found some Tressemme Moisturizing Conditioner and some EVOO and took some water and a comb and but her some 2 strand twist in her hair. As i was combing her white hair I realized we have similar texture of hair her tiwst coil and the end so the hold on there own with some condish and and i easily finger detangeld her hair.

My grandma don't she look good for 88 and wearing a size 8 (why they have her in sponge rollers and for braided plaits in the back and soaked in Blue Magic, my dad was like here is some grease Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Kopfschuettel I told him to watch out let me see what else I can find)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Gmasmi10

Grandma twisted up (condish, evoo and water)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Gmasmi11

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Gmasmi12

Me and mini me at Knott's Berry Farm

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Menoey10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 17th May 2010, 4:10 pm

Nice twist up do NP! You did a wonderful job on it. Can't believe you have even a PIECE of hair that almost reaches your tushie. I'm working to get all of mine to my clavicle!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 17th May 2010, 4:14 pm

Oh i forgot to put that pic up I thought i did i can't tell if you can see.

This is before i twist my hair up into the current twisted updo.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Length10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th May 2010, 4:28 pm

I like your twist roll! Very creative!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 17th May 2010, 4:39 pm

Awwww NP, your grandmother looks FABULOUS and you did a great job on her twists. You made me laugh with the description of how the men got her hair done. Did they actually do the plaits?

BTW--You and your daughter are both beautiful!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 17th May 2010, 4:45 pm

and they had ouchless bands on 3 of the 4 plaits going up the plaits. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes like they were banded like jnb hair. her hair would have stayed braided with out them. so sad, i told them all they have to do is call me. and i will hook her up.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th May 2010, 9:36 pm

You did a good job on your grandmother's hair!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th May 2010, 10:02 pm

i love old people!! i just love all the wisdom and history that elders come with. i can sit and listen to stories for days. people dont respect their elders enuff and brush em off as just crazy talk but they've seen everything come full circle n more. when i look at these slave movies n the history of the holocaust, im in awe with how they survived what they had to endure and its inspiring. this new generation dont know a thing about sacrifice n struggle Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Kopfschuettel

i call em silver foxes with a head full of grey hair...just fierce!! and congrats to ur grandma and many, many, many more!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 18th May 2010, 10:21 am

im with u nubienatty, i love talking to old people to hear about their struggles...its very inspiring for me.

good job on ur grandmothers hair...np
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th May 2010, 2:02 pm

Thanks for sharing pics of grandma and you and your mini me! Grandma is working that dress and those twists, watch out now. She looks amazing.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 19th May 2010, 7:48 pm

Thanks ladies! She was soo happy to celebrate 88 years, she is truly blessed, she is going to be moving to Alabama to stay with my older sister so I wanted to make this birthday extra special. And it is a blessing that my 4 year old knows both of her great-grandmas (maternal and paternal on my side).

On the hair front i still have my twist in just rocking them in a high bun. I want to take them out this friday and attempt the frohawk by taking my twist out and leaving the sides 2 strand flat twisted. since combs aren't my friend. I think i will secure my hair with ouchless bands in 3 ponies, like i've seen in numerous youtube videos.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 21st May 2010, 3:31 pm

Happy Friday Ladies!!!

I've been on a make up kick these past few days. Loving the Make Up Thread in the Skin Care Forum. Since my hair has been twisted up all this week and pinned up into a high bun, I 've been working my make up. Tonight my lil cousin is going to Prom and tomorrow I am attend a Women's Luncheon so tonight I will be take out my twist and will attempt my frohawk with a twist out. Let's hope I have a great hair weekend. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Suspect

Here's a couple of my make up looks this week they sorta look the same, but i am think about investing in the Coastal Scents 88 Matte Pallette so I can branch out in newer brighter colors.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Purpey14

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Cranbe14
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 4:35 pm

I hadnt been over hear all week.....

Work it Granny!! You hooked her up. She looks great...so do you and mini me!!

I would have loved to attend that Gospel Explosion!

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Icon_eek WOW @ your hair reaching your tushie. I wonder if Roxie will ever get that long (my hair has NEVER been longer than shoulder length).

I need to check out the makeup thread. I only wear foundation, eyeliner and mascara. I need to start playing in eyeshadow.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th May 2010, 2:52 pm

Wanted take out my twists this past weekend. But after the steam ang wetting them I fell back in love with them they looked so fresh and rejuvenated I added a lil tea tree oil and olive oil and pulled it up in a high pony with a flower pinned in it. I've fallen back in love with my twist again. I will post pics tomorrow.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th May 2010, 2:55 pm

Sill rocking the high pony but rolled and pinned the pony in to a bun with the flower pinned in my twist. I love my twist even though the twist challenge will end this weekend. I will miss them and I will definately be added to to my staple styles. this is the pic form how I've been wearing it the past few days.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 2 Hipony10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 25th May 2010, 3:02 pm

i love your twist...i cant wait for my hair to get that long!!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th May 2010, 3:06 pm

This is cute!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next