CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Empty *npmoore04*- Curl Street Journal - The biography of Sheba

Post by Nikcoils 3rd May 2010, 2:36 pm

Hey Curlistas!

Made it back from Vegas safely. Had a ball with hubby. Sheba enjoyed the lovely weather in Vegas as well hubby commented how my hair just blows in the wind as I walked. Just some added confidence with a great flat twist out. Hubby said he also noticed more people with their hair natural. Well tomorrow is the employee of the month ceremony and I need to figure out how I should wear my hair? I get to take a picture with our university president and get a street named after me for a month on campus. Should retwist my hair and wear it in a updo? I wish I sould part better in the back to do a cute 2 strand flat twist style? Suggestions please. I am also noticing increase in dryness. What should do increase my cowashes currently only doing this once a week. I've been eyeballing apple cider vinegar but have no clue what to do with it. is it a clarifier?do I use it prior to a wash or cowash? I am ready to work on a regimine, so all info would be helpful.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 4:09 pm

Hi npmoore

ACV removes build up from styling products and conditioners and strengthen the hair shaft, leaving you with soft, glimmering strands. Apple cider vinegar hair rinse will also balance hair's pH level, kill bacteria and is a great cure for dandruff. This rinse in not recommended for color-treated hair, as it might strip the color.

Now I did do a deep conditioner when I did mine, but it's not necessary. I'm just in a habit of doing dc....

Hope this helps!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 3rd May 2010, 4:15 pm

Thanks KNH! I think it may be time for me to try the ACV rinse then. Cause shampoo alone ain't cutting it and I am noticing conditioner build up on my scalp. Now do you deep condish first and then rinse with the ACV or deep condish after.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd May 2010, 4:53 pm

Hey there, I deep conditioner after the rinse. My thought process is the rinse gets rid of everything and then I need put some goodness back. Does that make sense?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd May 2010, 5:35 pm

Congrats ms. employee of the month!!! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_biggrin Wow, you get your very own street for a month, thats sweet!! I think re-twisting your hair,then pinning it up somehow would be very cute!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th May 2010, 7:26 pm

Yes that makes a ton of sense sweet!

I rocked a pig puff with a large red rose in it! I was such a cry baby at the ceremony during my speech. It's something about being appreciated and people noticing how hard of a worker you are.

on the Hair front: I purchased some care free curl yesterday. let's see how the Queen of Sheba reacts to this. I am noticing my hair loves oil more than butters. I will be retwisting tonight. I've let Sheba play outside long enough even though I am loving this 80 degree Cali weather. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_sunny I could wear sundresses and sandals everyday.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Empofm10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th May 2010, 1:52 pm

HEY CURLIES!!!

VEGAS was wonderful and well needed. Anyone that is married with kids know that get aways if only for a weekend are a must to rejuvenate me and my boo the 4 hour drive let's us do a ton of talking and laughing.

I am back in the twist game. I flat twisted in the front and did some twist in the back and pinned my hair in a side bun. I will take it out on Mother's day to wear a lovely twist out. this should be interesting because the cookout I am going to with my mom and family and friends most of them are hairdresser's who used to me being fried, died and laid to the side. I am sure I will either get unwanted comments or a couple of compliment. But I'm not worried about them.

This is how I've been wearing my hair the past few days just changing the flowers. Steam my hair in the shower, apply EVCO and pull it up in a pufff and apply a flower pin i made. When you have 80 degree weather it is so difficult to keep my hair pinned up. I had to let her bask in the sun and plus hubby though i looked real pretty...so if it ain't broke why fix it. Hubby said I am improving with my styles and he likes it. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Herz

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Puffro10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th May 2010, 1:56 pm

I just came to say, Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_flower Happy Mother's Day!! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_flower
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th May 2010, 9:22 pm

Thanks Lynnie!

Had a cool Mother's Day Weekend. Hairwise i noticed a lil whiteness at the front of my hair where my 2 strand flat twist are in the front of my hair and it was a few strands of hair that cam out at the root. so i took out the twist and some strands of hair came out. about 5 or 6. I am wondering if it i had those twist in to long in the front. almost 2 weeks. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_eek So i took out all of my twist this weekend applied some tea tree oil and evco through out my twist out and wore my hair half up half down. I really like wearing twist. I am noticing more knots and shedding. but maybe i need to take them down more and cowash each time i take them down. So here is my hair today...still debating if i should stay away from my 2 strand flat twist in the front and stick to just 2 strand twist all over. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_scratch Still trying to figure my hair out. I really don't want to be a wash n go only girl. It has been a lil over 5 months since using direct heat so i really want to get a regimine down. I do know my hair like oils better than shea butter. and the thicker conditioners work better than thinner ones. *sigh* still a work in progress

Today twist out from mother's day pulled half up

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Halfup10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Halfup11

mini me frocking her mini twist before we went to a bbq this weekend

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Noeytw11
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th May 2010, 9:35 pm

NP! Hello! Your hair is so pretty! Your twist out was lovely. Absolutely lovely.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th May 2010, 9:38 pm

Thanks Lynne!

I seem to always like my 2nd day twist out better that the first day. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_cheers
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th May 2010, 6:53 pm

I am feeling really lazy this week. I am on a 3rd day twistout I need to do some medium to small twists and bun/pin her up for this weekend. I am going to the Gospel Explosion at Knott's Berry Farms and there is plenty of dust and pollen there last year i needed my inhaler to to my alergies to dust. I need some clarifying so i went on my lunch break and bought some apple cider vinegar at the Vitamin Shoppe. So I will try the ACV rinse this week maybe tonight. Any suggestions on how to minimize frizz at the top of your hair? I usually seal with cocnut oil and use oil on my fingers when i unravel.

See frizz on top of three day old twist out Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Kopfschuettel (today's look)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Twisou11

Last edited by npmoore04 on 11th May 2010, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : uploaded wrong pic)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th May 2010, 7:15 pm

It may seem like I picked my hair's name out of the sky by calling her Sheba. But as a child my Mom used to tell guys that tried to apporach her that she wasn't interested in her name was Sheba like the Queen. As a child I like the name. But i looked up Sheba and this is what i found out and I think it is befitting of my mane and myself. Sheba has a desire for wisdom and truth to make her healthier and strong! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_rr

Sheba was known to be beautiful (despite her ankle and leg injury), intelligent, understanding, resourceful, and adventurous. A gracious queen, she had a melodious voice and was an eloquent speaker. Excelling in public relations and international diplomacy, she was a also competent ruler. The historian Josephus said of her, "she was inquisitive into philosophy and on that and on other accounts also was to be admired."

Power and riches could not satisfy Sheba's soul, for she possessed an ardent hunger for truth and wisdom. Before her visit to Solomon, she says to her people:
"I desire wisdom and my heart seeketh to find understanding. I am smitten with the love of wisdom.... for wisdom is far better than treasure of gold and silver... It is sweeter than honey, and it maketh one to rejoice more than wine, and it illumineth more than the sun.... It is a source of joy for the heart, and a bright and shining light for the eyes, and a giver of speed to the feet, and a shield for the breast, and a helmet for the head... It makes the ears to hear and hearts to understand."
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th May 2010, 12:31 pm

Cute 3 day old hair!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 12th May 2010, 3:10 pm

Happy Wednesday Curlies!

I am so failing on putting my twist back in. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_redface I need to get on FOTKI and YT for inspiration. Lynnie I really want to do your twist updo style. today my hair is up in a faux mini puff (it is really a high bun with a scarf tied around it) but sometimes I want a TWA for a day with out the big chop. Some of the benefits of having longer hair the versatility. Maybe this is why I am being resistant against twist, because of the forced restriction. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_rolleyes

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Fauxpu10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th May 2010, 3:14 pm

Do it! Do it! I would love to see how the style looks on longer hair!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th May 2010, 4:40 pm

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_bounce Oooo me too! I hope you try Lynnie's style ...
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th May 2010, 4:49 pm

Heyyyy @npmoore04!

Love your 3 day hair. I want my hair to be like yours when it grows up, its so full!

& I say go for the updo. That style is gorgeous and like Lynnie said, I would love to see how it looks on longer hair!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th May 2010, 12:00 am

Hey Jlow!

I am checking in real quick to let you guys know I am attempting to mimick lynnie twist style and to stop numerous times laundry, dinner, 4 year old needing my attention.I hope it comes out atleast half decent. I didn't like how the back twist came out I might need to retwist them. I think I did them way to small. Pics tomorrow.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th May 2010, 3:26 pm

Happy Friday Curlies!!

So yesterday I was home with a sick child (who I think was playing possum). So I decided to washed my hair with Mixed Chicks ( I am trying to use it up before i purchase a different shmpoo) and used the their deep conditioner (almost done with it, then i can try Hello Hydration and Giovanni Brands) placed my hair in 4 large twist with a plastic bag over my hair. I must say this time when I shampoo'd my hair I could finger detagle easily which usually isn't the case until I've put conditioner in my hair.So after all the prep work was done I attempted the twist style inspired by lynnie. I did tweak it a little bit to my own style, i am not good at make pompadours so i did a waterfall bang instead. while i was applying my leave in I noticed that I have a section of my hair that is ridiculously longer than the rest (unstretched about an inch past my bra strap and stretched it reaches by toushie) and i pondered Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_scratch should i cut it even with the rest of my hair? Then i thought about it. my hair straight is cut in a diamond shape in the back so it make since that i would have an odd longer section. so i think i will have a goal of letting the rest of my hair catch up to that section of hair at least i know where my hair needs to be unstretched before chopping them even. I also noticed whe I got to the front of my hair that my hair had broken off at the top of my forehead only about 2 inches of hair, I believe it is from when I was wearing lace fronts in the later part of last year and I had noticed the combs were pulling my hair out but yet i kept wearing them Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_rolleyes . So I couldn't do the 2 strand twist in the front so I got a little creative and made a waterfall bang.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Flattw15

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Flattw16

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Flattw17

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Flattw18

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Flattw19
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TurquoizBlue 14th May 2010, 3:49 pm

That looks really nice. I'm inspired!
TurquoizBlue
TurquoizBlue

http://www.thisiscrochet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th May 2010, 4:14 pm

Thanks TurquoizBlue! Any time!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th May 2010, 4:51 pm

Your hair sounds like mine re: thicker conditioners. The thicker the better for my Grace also.

Sheba is a great hair name. I like the meaning of the name.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Herz Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Herz the pinned twists--you did an awesome job!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th May 2010, 5:13 pm

@Chrs - Another reason you were my Hair Idol! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_cheers Thank you! Yes the thinner condish Sheba laughs at. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Lol
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th May 2010, 5:24 pm

I like your version as well! It looks great! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next