CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

+33
thetiffany
Nikcoils
BrownSkinDiva
Intelligentbeauty
nattyblog
Naturalin2010
priceless
coilykinks
DvaAuNaturel
CurlsGalore
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Serenity23
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
curlsunfurled
37 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by AfrikanLatina 26th May 2010, 12:48 am

Welcome to Curl Street. I liked the story of your hair's journey. I remember the pressing days with Blue Magic ( my sister still uses it on my nieces.) Poor babies lol!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by krazy coils 26th May 2010, 7:56 am

Good morning Curls Unfurled,

Like the new avi. I tried the hair milk by Shea moisture and I like it also, its really moisturizing.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th May 2010, 8:55 am

Morning Curls

Just stopping by to say morning and see what's going on!! I love your avi...you hair came out nice!! I'm running late for work, but are we still going to the fragrance shop this weekend?

Have a good one...I'll check back you with later today!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 26th May 2010, 3:32 pm

Good Afternoon Curls! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 1st June 2010, 6:07 pm

Curls where are you sis? Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st June 2010, 6:15 pm

Hey Girl...

Just checking on you. Did you get your garage door taken care of? I didn't find the OFS...I drove a country mile down Aldine Mail Rt and didn't see it anywhere. I guess it would have helped if I had the address or map quest the directions... curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Anyway...just stopping by..**waving**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st June 2010, 6:20 pm

Hey hey hey! I remember you from the meetup. Are you coming to the one this weekend?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Empty Adventures in home ownership

Post by curlsunfurled 2nd June 2010, 9:57 pm

Hello All,

I'm back...with an working garage door! curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_cheers It was a two day ordeal. My dad (bless his soul) installed the garage door and refused to raise the garage door. So we cooked inside the garage from about 11 am Monday to 9:30 pm that night (with occasional breaks and we still were not finished) . Mind you all I had to eat that day was one rib, so by 7 that evening I was beginning to get a bit surly. I learned all sorts of alternate terms for tools. Like "that yellow thang" is the wire cutter and what-cha-ma-dit-ally is a wrench curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_eek . Oh and a wrench could a wrench or a socket wrench. I got an "F" in mindreading for the past two days. And to put salt on the wound I got critized for having the inability to locate hammers, screwdrivers and the like after he had them. Tuesday was not much better. After work - we were back at it for round 2 from 7 to 11:30pm. Though the remotes are not programmed, I am just happy to see the garage door go up after I press a button.

I LOVE my dad to death and learned a valuable lesson...
Sometimes it is CHEAPER to have SOMEONE ELSE do the work!!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 2nd June 2010, 10:01 pm

@JnB - I plan to attend since it has changed to Sunday. See you there!

@ Curly A and KNH - Sorry for not visiting sooner but, as you can see I had my hands full.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Empty Braid out results...Comparison & Contrast

Post by curlsunfurled 7th June 2010, 1:07 am

This is my second attempt with a braidout. I must say the results are much better than my first try. Last week, I used Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibscus Styling Milk as my leave-in and Qhemet's OHHB to seal ends. This was my hair on Friday after a couple of re-braids.
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Braide10

Saturday, I followed my usual regimen but used Aveda's Defining Whip to style and Qhemet's OHHB as a sealant. Sunday's hair started like this:
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Braide11

Before leaving for Houston's Curly Meet-Up it looked like this:

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Braido10

My hair was very defined, no frizz, and after braving the humidity it has a little poof which just made my hair look fuller. Thanks to krazycoils for inspiring to finally learn how to braid hair and Poeticallyspeaking (via CurlyNikki) for recommending this product.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 7th June 2010, 1:10 am

I forgot to add that used magnetic rollers to curl the ends. The curls really do not look much different than when I use perm rods. I like the results anyway!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th June 2010, 1:12 am

Trust her. The picture doesn't do it enough justice. I got to see the braidout in person. It looked awesome! And everybody was complimenting it. Great job. (*chants to self* i will not buy the whip. i will not buy the whip lol)

Good seeing u today!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th June 2010, 11:58 am

Love the new avi! Your braidout is really defined and looks so soft! You and Poeticallyspeaking are becoming enablers with this Aveda Defining Whip curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th June 2010, 12:22 pm

that braidout is cute, i hate how the pic doesnt do enuff justice curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_mad cuz i just see the fluffiness all over!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th June 2010, 1:33 pm

The braidout looks GREAT! Aveda Defining Whip you say... hmmmmm.... curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_idea
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th June 2010, 2:13 pm

That braidout looks great! I went into Aveda after Poeticallyspeaking mentioned it and had such great results but the little sales lady tried to tell me it wouldn't work and that I should try the Brilliant Humectant Pomade or the retexturing gel... hmmmm I may have to listen to yall with these awesome results and get what I originally went in there for lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th June 2010, 2:19 pm

looks great curlsunfurled. *chanting with JNB* "I will not buy the whip. I will not buy the whip"
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th June 2010, 4:12 pm

Beautiful results! I'm chanting with JnB & CCC **I will not buy the whip. I will not buy the whip.**

I am putting it on my to try list. It is growing by the minute curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_wink .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th June 2010, 4:20 pm

Hey Curlsunfurled- glad to see you tried and liked the definining whip. That stuff is awesome! It really is. I mentioned that the aveda consultant told me it couldn't be used on wet hair, that it was a dry styler. Well, I went back and showed her and she started backtracking and said that is what they "recommend". LOL! Anyway, I did another twist set using it on close to dry hair and I have to say that one was a bit of a bust. I didn't have anywhere near the definition/hang I had when I did it with my hair wet. Not dripping, just wet. So, yours looks beautiful and I can imagine that the camera did your hair no justice!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 10:48 pm

Hey curlsUF! How are you? Me this weather keeps chaging can't plan a day with rain in the forcast
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 7th June 2010, 11:33 pm

Oh my goodness ladies,

I signed on and was just floored by your responses. I spend so much time oogling and admiring your journals. Thanks so much for the compliments.

I tried resisting the urge to buy this product but (as I said before) after viewing poeticlyspkng's and curlynikki's results I gave in. At over $20 for a 4oz. jar it stung my wallet but if I get consistent results with it..I may have to put this in the budget. My camera is about 5-6 years old with low pixels so, its probably time to invest in another one. Thanks again!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 7th June 2010, 11:38 pm

Hi Curly A. I'm fine. Staying inside where it is cool and dry. I do not mind the rain too much because it means I don't have to water the lawn. It's the "sauna" feeling after the rain that bothers me curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_mad . Hope you are doing well.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 7th June 2010, 11:55 pm

Mrs. Curlsunfurled

you hair looks amazing and I will really be trying to get my hands on that defining whip ......although you and poeticalyspkng is gonna get me in trouble!!! curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_biggrin lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 8th June 2010, 1:01 am

curlsunfurled wrote:Hi Curly A. I'm fine. Staying inside where it is cool and dry. I do not mind the rain too much because it means I don't have to water the lawn. It's the "sauna" feeling after the rain that bothers me curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 2 Icon_mad . Hope you are doing well.
Girl I don't like that steam but we over here, by the Woodlands ain't get nothing but some sprinkles. I need more rain darn it. But the places I wanna go in Tomball and 1960 it is pouring, that is funny how weather is different everywhere!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 8th June 2010, 11:23 am

Your braidout results look great! Hmmm. I don't even know where an Aveda store is, but I'm gonna need to stay away from it.. Y'all are making it hard not to try this product.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next