CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

+33
thetiffany
Nikcoils
BrownSkinDiva
Intelligentbeauty
nattyblog
Naturalin2010
priceless
coilykinks
DvaAuNaturel
CurlsGalore
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Serenity23
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
curlsunfurled
37 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 6 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 7:36 am

Hey Girl...

How are you...I was looking at the picture we took at the CN meet-up in January. Have we had another since June? Just checking...

So what have you been doing lately?

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 6 Empty Re: curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News

Post by curlsunfurled 2nd November 2010, 9:37 pm

To The Tiffany, ChrsLvsBks, and Hurricane Curly,

Thank you so much for your compliments. The Elucence leave in did have a light amount of hold. I've purchased Jane Carter's Wrap & Roll mousse last month and will try it with the roller set next time. By Wednesday, my hair looked fuzzy at the ends so, during lunch I had the ends trimmed. The stylist cut about an inch (seemed like more)of hair and flat ironed it.

I'm back wearing my twist out. A little bummed because I don't have the hang I once had before the trim but, on the other hand, my hair looks a lot healthier.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 2nd November 2010, 9:51 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

How are you...I was looking at the picture we took at the CN meet-up in January. Have we had another since June? Just checking...

Hey KNH,

I am fine. Work has me exhausted so, I have not been visiting as often as usual. I'm afraid to say when things will return to a manageable situation--- I have a lot of deadlines. People look like this affraid when they turn the corner and see my desk--Really. Thankful to have a job though.

How are you and your mom? I read about your hotel ordeal and was speechless.

Sadly no or at least I have not heard of another meet-up. We are overdue for a meet-up.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd November 2010, 6:56 am

curlsunfurled wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl...

Hey KNH,

I am fine. Work has me exhausted so, I have not been visiting as often as usual. I'm afraid to say when things will return to a manageable situation--- I have a lot of deadlines. People look like this affraid when they turn the corner and see my desk--Really. Thankful to have a job though.

How are you and your mom? I read about your hotel ordeal and was speechless.

Sadly no or at least I have not heard of another meet-up. We are overdue for a meet-up.

I understand totally about work. At the end of the day...I'm like REALLY??? The paper I have to chase, and I'm not talking about $$...LOL

My mom is getting things together. She has been able to get the important thinks back in order; however, there are some things that we will never get back. So we are just moving on. At this point that's all we can do.

Now to make matters worse...that same week I participated in a product swap here on the site and I sent the products, but didn't receive any in return. What is that saying; when it rains it pours..

Anyway...glad you had a chance to check in. Hope to see you soon!!

Take care.....

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 29th November 2010, 9:15 pm

After consuming my weight in turkey and dressing, I decided the best way to let it all digest was to do mini twists - inspired by KinkyKurlyQueen. I followed my usual routine shampoo, detangled, and deep conditioned using Ori Organics' conditioning masque. Combed hair into sections and blow dried hair on low after applying a little grapeseed oil to each section for heat protection. I began twisting my hair Friday afternoon at about 1:30 and after midnight I only had the very top section to complete. Woke up Saturday @ about 8:15 and finished a little after 11 AM. Saturday night I rolled the ends with flexi-rods using a water and oil mixture. I went from Friday's blowout
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 6 Blowno10[img][/img]
to this new do for Sunday
curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 6 Minitw10[img][/img]

curlsunfurled - Updated 2/18 - Thank You and Great News - Page 6 Minitw11[img][/img]
I'm hoping this style will last at least until I take some time off for the holidays. We'll see. So far, I'm liking the low maintenance style. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 29th November 2010, 9:18 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that I used HairVeda's Herbal Green Tea hair oil creme while twisting to for moisture. My hair is VERY soft.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 30th November 2010, 12:38 am

Hey Curlsunfurled!

Your mini-twists look awesome!I love looking at Kinkykurlyqueen's twists! I will attemtp them one day but right now I'm too lazy so I'm sticking with the chunky twists for now. How long are you going to leave yours in?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 30th November 2010, 2:47 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey Curlsunfurled!

Your mini-twists look awesome!I love looking at Kinkykurlyqueen's twists! I will attemtp them one day but right now I'm too lazy so I'm sticking with the chunky twists for now. How long are you going to leave yours in?

Thanks KC,

I am totally with you. I've been in too lazy mode for a good month and really debated on whether or not to try the mini twists but, at the last minute I decided to go through with it. My hands were a little achy afterwards so, I doubt this will be a "go to" hair do for the winter. I guess helped that it was cold and rainy Friday so I just stayed inside. I really admire KKQ's skills-she makes it look effortless. I'm going to try and leave these until the week of Dec. 20th.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th November 2010, 9:12 am

Very neat and nice. Looks good on you!!I posted in the meet-up thread for the Houston meet up..I'll contact a few ladies that I keep up with that don't post often here anymore. Hope we can get a meet-up arranged. Thanks for doing this.

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th December 2010, 12:09 pm

I saw you avi and had to come see! That looks fab! You did an Awesome job!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 5th December 2010, 4:56 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I saw you avi and had to come see! That looks fab! You did an Awesome job!

Thanks Sweet,

Your hair is looking great also. It has really grown and I like the color!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 5th December 2010, 5:02 pm

ORI ORGANICS - Website: www.oriorganics.com
While searching through YouTube last August, I ran into a review of Ori Organics products. The person raved so much about these products that I visited the website and made some purchases (during the course of a couple of months; I AM a PJ---on a BUDGET). Most of the product have the same ingredients water, shea butter, glycerin so, the level of moisture felt the same. The items are reasonably priced and are shipped within a week. The following is a review of those items. The product descriptions are from the website. I tried to include a picture of each product but, it would not work. Sorry.
ORI Hydrating Curl Cleanser: Shampoo
Product Description
The ultimate non-detergent ultra conditioning daily hair wash specifically made for curly heads. A saving grace for dry, parched, damaged, abused, chemically treated, or color treated hair. You can never overuse this low lather curl cleanser. It is designed specifically to leave the hair clean, moisturized, but never stripped!

Smells Like: Smells like Honey Ginger. ORI fragrances are always Pthalate free and Non-Sensitizing.

How to Use it: Saturate the hair in water and apply cleaner to the scalp. Rub the cleanser into the scalp in a circular motion until the cleanser is evenly distributed throughout the scalp. To minimize tangles, make sure that the length of the hair is hanging down, not piled on top of your head. If more lather is desired, distribute a second layer of cleanser to the hair. Rinse well.

Ingredients: Purified Water (infused with Organic Nettle, Organic Horsetail, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Rosehips, and Organic Helichrsum), Organic Saponified Vegetable Oils, Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable glycerin, Virgin Organic Coconut oil, DL Panthenol (Provitamin B), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

My Review: SLIP, SLIP, AND MORE SLIP. This shampoo is GRRREAAT (in a Tony the Tiger voice). I have used it at least three times and every time I notice the slip. My sister has tried the shampoo on how moisturized her hair felt. It is a low poo (not a lot of suds) and cleanses without leaving your hair feeling stripped. I almost felt a detangling conditioner was unnecessary. The website’s description of the smell is on point Honey and Ginger – sort of spicy! If you are a fan of castile soaps as a shampoo but dislike the stripped feeling, I would recommend giving this a try.
ORI Curl Restorative Masque: Deep Conditioner
Product Description
This ultra-conditioning deep moisture masque that will leave the driest hair feeling like silk. Instantly penetrative, it will infuse the hair with optimum moisture. Luscious Honey, Flax Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Silk, Panthenol, and Oats deliver moisture to thirsty tresses. Crafted with protective Ceramides, it will ensure that your hair is not only soft, but durable.

Smells Like: Peaches and Cream. ORI fragrances are always Pthalate free and Non-Sensitizing.

How to use it: Apply to wet hair. Leave on for 40 minutes to 1 hour. For the deeper penetration, leave on overnight or use with heat.

Ingredients: Purified Water (infused with Organic Nettle, Organic Horsetail, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Rosehips, and Organic Helichrsum), Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Unrefined African Shea Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Vegetable Derived), Honey, Flax Seed Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Lacto-Ceramides, Hydrolyzed Silk Amino Acids, Stearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

My review: Unless there is something in the ingredients that your hair will have a problem with(like proteins) I would recommend anyone to buy this product before any of the others. My hair has never felt as soft after a deep conditioning as with the Restorative Masque. I apply it, either sit under a cap for hour or walk around the house doing chores, and rinse. My curls are soft and moisturized. Note: The conditioner has a lot of humectants (glycerin and honey) so if you live in cold dry areas, I’m unsure if you’ll have the same results. Depending on the type of winter we’ll have in Texas, I may have to keep it on the self until Spring.
ORI Curl Replenishing Hair Milk: Leave-in Conditioner
Product Description
Your search is over for a light, creamy, leave-in conditioner that shields your hair from the elements. Olive oil, Squalane, and Silk penetrate the strands to increase suppleness and strength. Milk ceramides do double duty to increase moisture retention and strength. Meadowfoam seed oil wraps around the strands to lock in moisture. This leave-in conditioner is sure to satisfy!

Smells Like: Vanilla Bean. ORI fragrances are always Pthalate free and Non-Sensitizing.

How to Use it: Apply sparingly to wet, damp, or dry hair and distribute through the hair with fingers. Do not rinse out. If you desire greater moisture sealing, we recommend ORI Leave-In Cream Sealant. ORI Curl Replenishing Hair Milk can also be used as a leave-in under any ORI styling cream.

Ingredients: Purified Water (infused with Organic Nettle, Organic Horsetail, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Rosehips, and Organic Helichrsum), Aloe Vera Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Unrefined African Shea Butter, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Vegetable Derived), Palm Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Lacto-Ceramides, Hydrolyzed Silk Amino Acids, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides (Coconut Lipids), Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

My review: I have used this leave in alone on twist outs. My hair is soft and moisturized. It is a milk so, if you like products that are thick or need heavier product for your hair to lay, you may want to pass on this one and try one of their styling crèmes. Usually by the third day I’ll re-twist and the result is bigger fluffier hair. I would recommend this product for those with hair that is more curly than coily. It light enough to do WnG’s, bantu knot outs in addition to twist-outs and braid-outs.
ORI Creamy Mango Curler: Curl Cream
Product Description
This curl cream defines curls, reduces frizz, infuses moisture, boosts shine, and provides medium hold to the hair…all without weighing your hair down. What more could you ask for?

Smells Like: Mangos and cream. ORI fragrances are always Pthalate free and Non-Sensitizing.

How to use it: Apply sparingly to dripping wet hair to enhance curl definition. Use to lay smooth down flyaway hairs. Can also be used as a holding cream for twists and coils.

Ingredients: Purified Water (infused with Organic Nettle, Organic Horsetail, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Rosehips, and Organic Helichrsum), Vegetable Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Honey, Mango Butter, Castor Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Vegetable Derived), Cellulose Gum, Acacia Gum, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance
My review: This is thicker than the milk leave-in conditioner and is as equally moisturizing. In texture, I would compare it to Curl Junkie’s Honey Banana Hibiscus Leave in Conditioner. The mango and cream smell is faint (like all of their products). It is a useful styling product for twists, twist-outs, braids and braid-outs. Because it’s a little heavier, my hair was not as fluffy. I like it but may not use it a often as the milk.

ORI Moisture Balancing Buttercream: Leave-In Moisturizer
Product Description
A thick, whipped, hair cream to preserve the moisture in your strands. Although light enough to moisturize finer hair types without weighing down the hair, this cream will still penetrate the coarsest strands.

Smells Like: Vanilla Bean. ORI fragrances are always Pthalate free and Non-Sensitizing.

How to use it: Apply sparingly to wet, damp, or dry hair. Do not rinse out. ORI Moisture Balancing Buttercream can also be used as a moisturizing butter for twisting the hair.

Ingredients: Purified Water (infused with Organic Nettle, Organic Horsetail, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Rosehips, and Organic Helichrsum), Unrefined African Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Unrefined Organic Avocado Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Glyceryl Stearate (and) Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate (Vegetable Derived), Vegetable Glycerin, Squalane (Olive Oil Lipids), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

My review: In comparison to the prior leave-in conditioners, this is the thickest. I’ve used it for a twist out. Like the other products my hair was very moisturized however I it lacked fluff even after re-twisting several days later. I would definitely recommend this product to someone who has thick, dry, coily hair.

Overall, I did not totally dislike any of their products but there are some that I may not purchase again because of my hair's texture and the consistency of the product. If you are living somewhere that has high humidity this is a product line to investigate. I had little or no frizz.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th December 2010, 5:30 pm

Great review! I've seen these products and thought of ordering. But I am not buying ANYTHING ELSE!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 6:24 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Great review! I've seen these products and thought of ordering. But I am not buying ANYTHING ELSE!
Lol what she said, EXACTLY!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th December 2010, 7:15 pm

^^^ same for me ..
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th December 2010, 9:49 pm

Love the review...and by the time you got to the second product I felt the inner PJ in me coming out!! However, I just kinda starting looking at the 5 Heartbeats while I was reading the rest of your product review. WHEW!!!! That was close I almost went to the website!! No

LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 5th December 2010, 10:58 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Great review! I've seen these products and thought of ordering. But I am not buying ANYTHING ELSE!

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Lol what she said, EXACTLY!

BlondeByDesire wrote:^^^ same for me ..

Thanks JnB, Sweet, and Blonde by Desire. I totally understand the "I'm not buying ANYTHING ELSE" statements. Like I said, I'm a PJ on a budget. Although there are times I do not adhere to it (mostly because I feel as though I deserve a treat). Christmas is about to hit me in the pocket BIG TIME. I'm putting the credit card on probation until I it's paid off.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Love the review...and by the time you got to the second product I felt the inner PJ in me coming out!! However, I just kinda starting looking at the 5 Heartbeats while I was reading the rest of your product review. WHEW!!!! That was close I almost went to the website!! No
LOL

Too funny KNH! I'm glad to know I'm not the ONLY one who is influenced by product reviews. I follow this one person on YouTube who is known for having a lot of stuff. She talks about the product, I see her hair, and the next thing is I'm off visiting the product's website. Addictive - I'm staying away from YouTube----maybe Embarassed
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 17th February 2011, 9:47 pm

Hello CSJ family,

It has been a long while since I've lasted posted anything. Now I'm asking all of you to send a prayer for my mom. Late last month, my mom had a biopsy on one of her breasts (we were told minor surgery, no big deal). Last week she tells us she has cancer (rather bluntly) and was having surgery last Friday to have the cancerous tissue removed. This was a big shock to everyone because the doctor NEVER said anything (like please come in, bring a family member,etc.,). She returned to the doctor's office to have the stitches checked (so the dr. could check her healing process) and he delivers the news at that time. What if she never returned to have the stitches checked? He made arrangements to perform the surgery last Friday. He did not say we caught it early or what stage this cancer was in and she didn't ask. Long story short - we convinced her to get a 2nd opinion (her mammogram was negative, she and her OB/GYN did not detect anything but I guess the mammogram indicated some pulled tissue hence the biopsy) and she's having another mammogram performed tomorrow (MD Anderson), and surgery March 7th. My mom is in good spirits and is willing to do whatever it takes to overcome this situation. We are hopeful, prayerful that whatever's the outcome she will be healed and healthy. --- Thank you.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th February 2011, 10:07 pm

Saying an extra special prayer for you, your mother and your fam...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 18th February 2011, 8:08 am

I will be praying for your mom
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th February 2011, 4:23 pm

curlsunfurled wrote:Hello CSJ family,

It has been a long while since I've lasted posted anything. Now I'm asking all of you to send a prayer for my mom. Late last month, my mom had a biopsy on one of her breasts (we were told minor surgery, no big deal). Last week she tells us she has cancer (rather bluntly) and was having surgery last Friday to have the cancerous tissue removed. This was a big shock to everyone because the doctor NEVER said anything (like please come in, bring a family member,etc.,). She returned to the doctor's office to have the stitches checked (so the dr. could check her healing process) and he delivers the news at that time. What if she never returned to have the stitches checked? He made arrangements to perform the surgery last Friday. He did not say we caught it early or what stage this cancer was in and she didn't ask. Long story short - we convinced her to get a 2nd opinion (her mammogram was negative, she and her OB/GYN did not detect anything but I guess the mammogram indicated some pulled tissue hence the biopsy) and she's having another mammogram performed tomorrow (MD Anderson), and surgery March 7th. My mom is in good spirits and is willing to do whatever it takes to overcome this situation. We are hopeful, prayerful that whatever's the outcome she will be healed and healthy. --- Thank you.

I hate I didn't check this before. If you get this via your phone...please call me I'll pm my number. I work at MD Anderson and would love to assist you and your family with anything you may need. Also, I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers!! If you need anything don't hesitate to give me a call!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 18th February 2011, 6:11 pm

First of all let me say "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!" for your prayers and generous offers of help. My mom called this afternoon and said the radiologist said she's okay. There were cancer cells so, her surgery would be to clean up the area where the doctor performed the biopsy but no chemo and no radiation is necessary. It was detected very early.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 18th February 2011, 9:31 pm

Prayer works! Thank God they caught it early and your mom will be alright!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 18th February 2011, 9:44 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Prayer works! Thank God they caught it early and your mom will be alright!

Yes it does! Very Happy
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 19th February 2011, 1:06 am

I'm just running across this one, but i tell you one thing, your mom was in good hands all along...He's amazing, isn't he...I will continue to pray for her health and may all of you continue to be blessed...
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next