CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

+49
summerbreeze76
mizcreativelyme
jaybella
rayray19
Umph
Treece
curlya
BajanPrincess82
mrsmackey
blondie
PaganWifey
wyldhoney
CocaColaCutie
WhosThatRedHead
priceless
MellowOne
swoodward
TheRYL1
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
TMS
FemmeFox
Pinkrage
iri9109
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
CocoEuro
CrissyQ
poeticlyspkng
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
~JOME~
bholmes87
ChrsLvsBks
Karyn
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
gigihaitiancurly
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
LadyMika
53 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th May 2010, 1:54 pm

Hey LadyM

Sorry it took me so long to make the block, but this quote stuff had me going crazy!!! I would hit send and that dang gon button would disappear!!! I was like forget it!! LOL

Anyway....just wanted to stop in and say hi. I was looking for your DC recipe but again the quotes won't let me find it...can you share again? I hope this post takes...

Have a great weekend!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by LadyMika 7th May 2010, 2:08 pm

@Sweet: Embarassed I's gettin' to dem pictures! Promise!

@KNH: I'll be glad to post the mix again: it's Giovanni SAS with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Enjoy, and do share your results! Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 7th May 2010, 2:18 pm

Dang I ain't been to your house yet?? Well here I am! (I found the key under the door mat so I hope you don't mind that I let myself in. lol)

WELCOME TO CURL STREET MIKA!!!!! cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th May 2010, 3:13 pm

I had the same results with the PWG. I love the smell too. But I'm just gonna save it for twist outs and other stuff and leave the WnGs to the KCCC.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 7th May 2010, 5:07 pm

@Bholmes: So YOU'RE the one who refilled my ice tray! I was wondering who did that! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_scratch

@JNB: Yeah, the KCCC is great for WnGs. And it DOES play nice with shea butter...just gotta use a small amount of both.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 7th May 2010, 5:34 pm

Hey Mika! Just drop by to say hey.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th May 2010, 5:40 pm

Since Bholmes said you leave a key under the mat,so I decided to let myself in and make myself at home....I promise I didnt use any of your shea butter... Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_eek

I did fix myself a sandwich though...now you need some more bread...thanks for your hospitality!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 7th May 2010, 5:51 pm

@Lynnie: lol! Hey now, don't be eatin' up my food while I'm gone! That'll be ONE loaf of bread upon arrival during your next visit. Thank you! Laughing
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 7th May 2010, 5:52 pm

@Jome: Hey girl! How are you? How's Operation BC going? Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th May 2010, 6:14 pm

**leaving that loaf of bread**

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 7th May 2010, 7:09 pm

Operation BC is still ongoing...until I sweat this blow-out out, I gonna be looking for some cool headbands to rock once I do the BC.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Empty Tomfoolery In Times Square and other ramblings.

Post by LadyMika 7th May 2010, 7:51 pm

Today, was a day of comedy.

At least, for those of us who work in media or law enforcement.

There was a "suspicious package" found in Times Square that was "suspicious" enough to shut down 7th Avenue, YET AGAIN. Mad Now, having been in the military and having dealt with protests, bomb scares, suspicious packages and all that rot I'm hardly surprised. When you're in positions and places that have a great deal of prominence in the world, you automatically earn a bull's eye. "Comes with the territory." But I AM annoyed. Here's why.

I'm ANNOYED, because the "suspicious package" turned out to be a damn neon green boombox tote bag that can be purchased at Ricky's NYC. (I saw the footage at work. CLEARLY a tote bag and not a BOX or "package" AT. ALL.) Some CARELESS ASS TOURIST, left their tote bag in the lobby of the Marriott by accident, and that got the NYPD's fuses on their tampons all ablaze and forced them to shut down TWO CITY BLOCKS ON 7TH AVENUE. All because some GENIUS from PODUNK IN STICKSVILLE left their $40 bag behind. Evil or Very Mad (Yes, those bags DO cost $40.)

I'm ANNOYED, because usually when you hear the word "bomb" or "suspicious package/activity", you keep your distance. But noooooooooooooo. All those dumb M-Fing tourists RUBBERNECKING around the damn scene, PICKIN' THEIR FOREIGN FREAKING NOSES and going "Honey, ze police, zey are very buzy YA!? TAKE PICTURE!!" Now, had there actually been a LIVE DEVICE SET TO DETONATE in that oh-so-trendy bag, they'd all be DEAD by now (and Midtown de-populated for a day). But no, let's crowd around the NYPD and their PRESSED uniforms and their high class equipment--that ONLY gets pulled out when they KNOW there's going to be a lot of media attention, by the way. Rolling Eyes

I'm ANNOYED, because the NYPD--tampons on FIYA--are really just POSTULATING, standing around with their DING-DONGS in their freaking hands like "Yeah guys, duuuuuuuuhh we look so TUFF.". NINJA PLEASE, you work for UPS!! Suspect (My response to anything SUSPECT.) ANY. OTHER. DAY, these clowns in uniform are just standing around with their little ding-a-lings TUCKED BETWEEN THEIR LEGS, giving directions to tourists and snatching up the hustlers and their whack rap CDs. IF they're even doing THAT. Rolling Eyes Pull handle, TAX DOLLARS SWIRL DOWN TOILET. Evil or Very Mad

But as much as I'm annoyed, I'm also morbidly AMUSED. I'm amused by the fact that the NYPD used this as a "dog and pony show" to whip out fancy equipment and say "GIVE US MORE MONEY" to the Feds so they can by MORE fancy equipment that stays put away until the next big press opportunity or legitimate disaster. THEN out come the toys and the cops and Bloomberg with their you-know-whats in hand for all the world to see. BRAVO guys. Freakin' BRAVO. I'll be sure to call you if I leave a shopping bag full of TAMPONS at work again. You know, since I KNOW you'll need them. Rolling Eyes WTF.

In other news, Gypsy is doing GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! Very Happy (You will become quite familiar with my bi-polar tendencies. Laughing) She's growing A LOT. Though, I'm a little worried about the coming summer. I'm trying to decide if I should DC more often, or just wear head wraps more often. confused It can get ABSURDLY hot and humid up here, and the last thing I need is for Gypsy to dry out and have reason to cry mutiny. Neutral And she would--she's done it BEFORE. silent (Hence the second chop. I wasn't exactly handling her very well.) But, we shall see. Depending on how she looks by the end of the month, I may throw in some yarn braids and give her a break.

I did some minor shopping today: new ballerina flats, some tops and a pair of slacks whose inseam is TOO SHORT!! Mad (CURSE these long legs of mine...) They make me look like I'm wading through a SWAMP, ya'll. I'm talkin' ANKLE LENGTH, and that's WITHOUT heels! Crying or Very sad I could get the hems let out, but I already spent $26 on the damn pants...I don't want to spend MORE money. I'll just get my refund and go elsewhere. No

And right now, I'm trying to be lazy but the cat wants attention. Tomorrow is my meet-up with the owner of Rising Dragon Tattoo in Union Square, and I'll keep you updated. And as for those pictures, well...I asked my boyfriend to take them, and the pics got TOO HOT FOR THE INTERNET. Laughing I'll take them myself tomorrow. Smile

Deuces and good night.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th May 2010, 10:30 am

hahahahahahahahaaaaa tell us how you really feel!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th May 2010, 10:40 pm

Nothing interesting to report, except that the ridiculous winds forced me to scratch going to Union Square. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_sad It kicked up a lot of pollen and I couldn't stop sneezing. So, I had to stay home. I'll try again a day in the week.

Having Smart Strips with stir fry vegetables for dinner tonight. Meh, it's alright. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_neutral For some reason, I prefer tofu even though the Smart Strips have flavor (no doubt due to the SALT!?!?). I'm not diggin' it. I'll give the rest to my boyfriend. He's like that kid from the cereal commerical when it comes to food. You know, "Give it to Mikey. He'll eat ANYTHING!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_eek"

On that note, time to shower, moisturize Gypsy (I wore a headwrap today) and get ready for bed.

Goodnight, and Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms . Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 8th May 2010, 11:07 pm

I got free hugs yesterday at Union Square! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_smile Those Smart Strips are hella salty. yuck.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 9th May 2010, 12:45 am

I don't think I'll be doing the smart strips again. I have some smart ground though; hopefully THAT won't be too salty. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Kopfschuettel
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 9th May 2010, 1:26 pm

Good afternoon everyone! Hope all the Moms (both of children AND pets) are having a great day today. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_smile

I spoke to my own mother this morning and wished her well. Since I have to work today, I offered to make up today to her later in the week. I got her into Thrifting for clothes, so I'm going to take her to a shop up the street from me so she can get what she wants. Also, my parents, the boyfriend and I will have lunch at a local restaurant and make a day of it.

I gave Gypsy a co-wash since I haven't done it all week (maybe ONCE if memory serves?). Tomorrow I'll rinse with warm water since Tuesday is Wash Day. I have to remember to take pics of Gypsy this week to get a look at her progress (I'm in the TWA 6-Month challenge). Also spent the morning fishing around product sites and contemplating what to have for lunch. I would've baked a piece of salmon but I forgot to defrost it early this morning. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_cry Ah well...off to the Indian restaurant again! LOVES the Palak Saag (lentil peas and chopped spinach boiled in curry sauce! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_lol OMG. SO GOOD.).

As some of you know from the Vent Thread, I'm thin. Barely 125 soaking wet with a heavy coat on. Well, the boyfriend said to me yesterday day: "Love, you're ge'in a bit ROTUND in your arse." (He's very Bri-ish. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_lol ) All my pants and jeans are STRETCH, but I HAVE been having a harder time getting into them lately. Must be my mother's side finally coming out. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_scratch

Anyhoo. Off to have lunch and then off to the work. Have a great day everyone!
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 10th May 2010, 11:32 pm

Thank you Mika for the mothers day wish! I really did enjoy myself and spending hubby's money(my favorite hobby)Smile LOL at your BF, I am sure he means it all in the name of love!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th May 2010, 11:59 pm

*trying to see in the window, thinkin wait, doesn't she have a dog?*

run Yelling hey Mika! as I run down the driveway!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th May 2010, 12:06 am

@CA: My boyfriend can be very silly when he doesn't mean to be. The fact that he has an British accent makes it harder to take him seriously.Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Lol

@Sweet: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_cheers Hey Sweet! I have a cat who thinks he's people. LOL
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th May 2010, 3:01 pm

*running faster* I am afraid of cats!!!! run
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th May 2010, 11:50 pm

@Sweet: COME BACK!!')" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 879602 CYRUS LOVES PEOPLE!!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Lol

Just an update before I call it a night.

Gypsy is doing well. Growing like a WEED. I'll take pictures of her tomorrow after I get home from DRESS SHOPPING. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_eek Yes, DRESS SHOPPING. (I don't like to shop. I'm such a tomboy.) The boyfriend and I are going to a wedding, and the bride and I are pretty cool. So, we're going to go shopping for outfits to wear at her reception early tomorrow. I'm hoping for something retro (think the '40s or '50s), or just nice and simple that I can play up with accessories.
I've been INUNDATED with new recipes to try. So you know THAT means: PRODUCT HAUL!!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 617583 I bought me some OILS ya'll. Sage, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Jojoba, Sweet Almond and Grapeseed. And I scored a bottle of Aloe Vera Gel from the health food store near my house. That means Aloe Grow is A GO. I repeat, Aloe Grow IS A GO. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_lol I LOVE to try new mixes. And while we're on the SUBJECT of mixes, I'm going to try and make a hack of the Alikay Naturals (BlackOnyx77 from YouTube) Essential 17 oil. I'm not going to use Emu oil, since it IS an animal by-product (an "Emu" is a bird that's native to Australia) and I don't want to use animal...ANYTHING in my homemade products. But I will use the carriers I bought (jojoba, sweet almond and grapeseed) and add the essential oils to it (primarily rosemary, lavender, sage and eucalyptus). I just get weary of buying things I could potentially make at home.

This weekend is the Annual NYC Tattoo Convention at Roseland Ballroom! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_cheers Freakin' excited, can't wait. I was hoping to get some work done before the convention so I could have something to show off, but it didn't work out. High winds + pollen allergies = Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_sad However, the boyfriend brought home the card of a tattoo artist (a FEMALE tattoo artist too!) who does EXCELLENT work. She'll be out of town for a month to learn how to draw/pain traditional Japanese art, so I'll wait until she comes back. My last tattoo artist was a guy, so it'll be cool to have a FEMALE tattoo artist. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_smile

Today was my Wash Day, so cleansed with my raw black soap, and then DC'd with my Giovanni SAS/honey/coconut oil mix and added peppermint and rosemary oil. Tingly mix is TINGLY. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_biggrin I think this is THE DC mix from now on. Lots of moisture.

And that's about it! Time to get myself to bed so I can get an early start tomorrow.

Good night all! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 3 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th May 2010, 9:00 am

Hey LadyM

Sorry I've been MIA..we are in boot camp (drill team) and Mr. Xander had a project that required that he use MY laptop!!! Mad

Anyway...thanks for the DC mixture. Can I use any conditioner I want? I'll let you know my results when I try it.

Looking for pictures of you on the wall (not a one) Shocked I put the key back under the mat!!

Have a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th May 2010, 1:17 pm

Howdy Neighbor!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 12th May 2010, 1:30 pm

Hey LadyMika! Just passing through! Looking forward to seeing how you and Gypsy are doing! Have fun at the tattoo convention! I got my first tat in March and I'm itching for another one! They told me it gets addictive. I don't wanna fall for the okie doke, but I just might! Take lots of pics!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next