CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

+49
summerbreeze76
mizcreativelyme
jaybella
rayray19
Umph
Treece
curlya
BajanPrincess82
mrsmackey
blondie
PaganWifey
wyldhoney
CocaColaCutie
WhosThatRedHead
priceless
MellowOne
swoodward
TheRYL1
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
TMS
FemmeFox
Pinkrage
iri9109
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
CocoEuro
CrissyQ
poeticlyspkng
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
~JOME~
bholmes87
ChrsLvsBks
Karyn
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
gigihaitiancurly
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
LadyMika
53 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by LadyMika 4th May 2010, 12:39 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi LadyM

I'm using black soap as well, (on my face) but I find the shea butter to be a bit oily. Are you making you own shea butter mixture for your face, and do you experience oil build up through out the day? Just curious

Nice avatar!!

Have a great day..

KNH

Hey KNH!

The mixes I make can be used on both my body AND hair. I have combination skin, so I only use a VERY SMALL amount of shea butter on my "t-zone" (nose and brow area) and focus on the spots that dry easily (cheeks and jawline). This keeps the oil buildup to a minimum for me. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile

Thank you for the kind words! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by sweetdrk1 4th May 2010, 12:40 pm

Hey LM!! what's happening today?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 4th May 2010, 12:42 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Glad you finally joined us! You have lurked long enough! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I wasn't lurking...I was QUIETLY OBSERVING. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol I'm glad to be here though. It's hard to keep up with all of you though! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_eek I might need a skateboard or a bike or something to make the rounds easier! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 4th May 2010, 12:43 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey LM!! what's happening today?

Hey Sweet! Not much, just the usual: Wash Day. Pay Day. PAY THE RENT Day. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th May 2010, 12:52 pm

Good to see you over here lady!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 4th May 2010, 12:56 pm

What's up Miss LadyM! Glad to see you on Curl Street! I'm excited to follow your journey! You really make me miss my TWA days...it's the bizness!! Just beautiful!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 4th May 2010, 1:09 pm

Thanks CG and AfrikanLatina! I'm really starting to like Curl Street. Lots of cool neighbors! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 4th May 2010, 1:14 pm

Update on my DC:

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_cheers It's GOOOOOOOOOD!! My hair felt SO good when I rinsed it out. And it LOOKED good, had a lot of shine to it. Came out better than if I had used the Giovanni S.A.S. by itself. So, I will be using this mix (S.A.S., coconut oil, honey) as a deep conditioning treatment from now on. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile I didn't even use my leave-in mix (KCKT, water, essential oil); I sealed with my shea butter mix and put castor oil on my edges. Gypsy is very happy today. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol

Now I am off to get the laundry and start my day.

Deuces.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th May 2010, 1:25 pm

Hey Lady Mika!

I love Giovanni SAS. I will have to try adding an oil to it the next time.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Empty PUR Whipped Gelly vs. KCCC

Post by LadyMika 5th May 2010, 10:31 am

I'll be honest. I bought the Whipped Gelly so I could get a sample of the Afroveda Kissi Seed conditioner (which I'm none too crazy about). I already know what to expect/how to use the KCCC with or without the Knot Today (did a review on my blog about it), so I gave the Whipped Gelly a spin.

I DO like the smell--smells like vanilla frosting, and I LOVE the smell of vanilla. I also like the texture; it's creamy. Like...frosting! But what I found out YESTERDAY (since I forgot to spray my leave-in mix), was that if you DON'T layer your hair with a moisturizer FIRST, THEN seal your hair, you're gonna get CRUNCHY. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Kopfschuettel And that's just using a small amount.

Now the definition isn't bad, but it's nothing to rave about either. It's not as intense as the KCCC. I think this product would better serve twist outs rather than TWAs and wash-n-gos. Or if you just need something to set your TWA for a day or two and definition isn't a focus for you. If you WANT definition, the KCCC is the better product.

It (the Whipped Gelly) also leaves some buildup, but it's nothing that a warm water rinse and a co-wash can't take care of. (w00t for CONE FREE PRODUCTS!). To tell you the truth, I don't like one product more than the other. In fact, I alternate using them but I lean a little more on the Whipped Gelly because I find the smell more tolerable than the KCCC. The KCCC smells TOO sweet for my liking at times.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th May 2010, 10:32 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey Lady Mika!

I love Giovanni SAS. I will have to try adding an oil to it the next time.

Hey KrazyCoils!

The Giovanni SAS is probably the best store-bought conditioner I've EVER used thus far. Yes, do try adding an oil and honey! Share your results with us when you do! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th May 2010, 10:50 am

*driving by waving*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th May 2010, 9:31 am

Good morning everyone!

This week, I got a refund check from a return I didn't file in a
previous year. Needless to say, this check was pretty good. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile So I did what I was SUPPOSED to with it--pay bills and run
errands. (Rather ONE bill, ONE errand, and ordered ONE THING off the
internet in addition to minor purchases (toothpaste, mouthwash, etc) and
groceries.) No frivolous spending for me, no sir.

I also decided to take some more guitar lessons, just to fill in the
ridiculous amount of time I have on my days off. Which IS ridiculous.
THREE DAYS OFF and NOTHING really to do? Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_scratch Yeah. So, I signed up for ten more classes at NYC Guitar
School in Midtown (near MSG). I've taken classes with them before, and
the staff is nothing short of professional. TRUE masters of their
craft. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile They ALSO know me by name cuz apparently, I'm
the ONLY student with a sexy, black and silver Ibanez electric guitar in
the ENTIRE school. Word son. Straight hip hop. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_cool That being done, I also made a payment on my student loans EARLY because
it's the one bill I always seem to forget to pay until the last
minute. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Kopfschuettel Even though I have it written down in THREE
places with the due date and have an ALARM set in my phone (yes, I'm
that bad). But with my payment made, I kept it moving.

This week, my parents were supposed to visit me and my boyfriend but I
don't think that's going to pan out. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 617583 I dance because I actually need the time to
practice and get myself into a routine before my classes start. I've
been a bit...well... Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_redface A LOT lazy with practice over the last couple of months, so I
really need to get back on the ball. I also want to work on a painting
AND visit Rising Dragon Tattoo Studio this weekend. Yes, I have tattoos--four to be exact. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile And because I know someone's going to ask:

1. No, it didn't hurt (I have a high threshold for pain), but some places WILL hurt more than others (nerve "pockets", directly on bones).
2. Yes, it CAN get expensive but you want QUALITY WORK from a PROFESSIONAL. Preferably one who's been doing it for AT LEAST ten years. (Quality COMES with EXPERIENCE--you want BOTH.)
3. Yes, my mother DOES know and yes, she likes them. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile
4. Yes, my STEPFATHER knows, and yes, he likes them. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol
5. Yes, I know you must treat your body like a temple. I choose to decorate MY temple. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_wink
6. No, I'm NOT worried about my supervisor complaining because my current tattoos are in places that are easily concealed by clothing. And my supervisor--and managers--know that I have them. THEY also have tattoos themselves. There are about a DOZEN of us with varying amounts of tattoos, and as long as we're relatively covered, there's no problem.
7. Yes, my boyfriend is okay with it and HE is also tattoo'd: two sleeves (both arms covered), a back piece, a chest piece and a belly piece. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_biggrin And because he's CRAZY fit, it looks SO SEXY. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol Can't keep my hands off!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Lol
8. I don't get tattoos because it's the "cool" thing to do. I get them because I appreciate the time and effort taken to master the trade, and I also appreciate the artistic value. You won't make it as a tattoo artist, if you're NOT already an artist YOURSELF.

The artist I'm meeting with on Saturday has been a tattoo artist for TWENTY FIVE YEARS. So you KNOW he's all about his work. I'm going to get a feel of the shop, talk to him and check out his work in person, and go from there. My plans are to get my hips/waist done (I have two cherry blossoms on my right hip that I want additional work added to), and start work on my sleeves (which I've been pining for since 2007). Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile

Since I'm off today, it's breakfast and then I'm going back to sleep. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol Might check in after I practice this afternoon.

Deuces.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 6th May 2010, 10:50 am

Pics of the tats!

I can't wait to get some, but I'm also scared as Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Sign0053 though. I have a low tolerance for pain. My idea is still a thought in process, but it's kinda like an homage to The Beatles and because the songs (Blackbird and Imagine, which I know is just Lennon, but still) embody what I stand for (Imagine) and my struggles (haha various things) and that hopefully I can one day just be completely happy and free.

Anyways, guitar classes sound cool (and so does the money) Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th May 2010, 11:18 am

Good morning,

I was wondering why I didn't see you by the train station! hahahaha enjoy your day off!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th May 2010, 1:29 pm

Welcome! You also add comic relief to the different threads, thanks!

Honey is nothing but the truth for shine, love it!

Your DC mix sounds good. I have a bottle of SAS I don't remember using. I will try it next time I do a protein treatment. Thanks for sharing!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th May 2010, 2:15 pm

@Karyn: TAKE YOUR TIME and decide what you want. Take even MORE time and find a professional artist you're comfortable with. I spent upwards of a YEAR fishing out tattoo parlors and artists before even CONSIDERING Rising Dragon. Before that, it'd been about THREE YEARS since my last tattoo, and I spent those same THREE YEARS sussing out ideas, styles and even the artists themselves (as well as going to conventions--yep, there's tattoo conventions! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile--and stopping people I felt had good work done on them). Like I said, you HAVE to be that picky.

...You also gotta be 18 to get tattoo'd in this state (it's the law actually). But trust me, the time spent deciding what you and finding a GOOD artist will definitely be worth it in the end.

I'll try to get pics because two require me to damn near strip (not really, but clothes do have to be shifted around a bit), and I don't want to hurt the eyes of anyone here. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_redface
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th May 2010, 2:16 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Good morning,

I was wondering why I didn't see you by the train station! hahahaha enjoy your day off!

Don't worry, I'll be back ON POST later in the day! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 6:46 pm

I have two tattoos myself (right hip and lower back) so no judgment here. I wanted to get one on my foot but I decided not to get anymore....those things are addictive!!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th May 2010, 6:52 pm

@Lynnie: Come on, just get ONE MORE. You know you wanna! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_lol Yeah, they ARE addictive! I bet it's somethin' in the ink. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Drunken_smilie
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 6th May 2010, 7:21 pm

LadyMika wrote:@Karyn: TAKE YOUR TIME and decide what you want. Take
even MORE time and find a professional artist you're comfortable with. I
spent upwards of a YEAR fishing out tattoo parlors and artists before
even CONSIDERING Rising Dragon. Before that, it'd been about THREE YEARS
since my last tattoo, and I spent those same THREE YEARS sussing out
ideas, styles and even the artists themselves (as well as going to
conventions--yep, there's tattoo conventions! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile--and
stopping people I felt had good work done on them). Like I said, you
HAVE to be that picky.

...You also gotta be 18 to get tattoo'd
in this state (it's the law actually). But trust me, the time spent
deciding what you and finding a GOOD artist will definitely be worth it
in the end.

I'll try to get pics because two require me to damn
near strip (not really, but clothes do have to be shifted around a bit),
and I don't want to hurt the eyes of anyone here. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_redface

I know my mom would kill me (whilst laughing at me) if I told her I
didn't go to a good tattoo parlor. I haven't seriously considered
getting a tattoo, as far as looking for artists or anything, since I
know you have to be 18 to get one. It sounds like quite a journey lol.
Three years is crazy! What was so bad about other artists?

Hahahahaha. Cherry blossom tattoos are usually super pretty! This girl on another forum I go on has one and it's amazing. Pic
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th May 2010, 8:08 pm

@Karyn: It's a great journey! You get to meet a lot of cool people and learn a great deal about different cultures as well. Highly recommend looking into body art; there's different forms of it, tattoos and piercings aren't the only ones! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_smile

I went three years without new ink mostly due to financial reasons, but also because I PREFER shops and artists with experience and skill in CUSTOM tattoo design. Nowadays, it's been made too easy to just walk in, pay $100 for some generic cookie-cutter design that's hanging on the walls and walk out. You can even get what you want off the internet (some sites even charge for the designs). That's fine if you're just getting started with tattoos. But if you want something that's NOT on the walls, that's not really on the internet, you NEED an artist with the skill and experience necessary to deliver.

It's almost like shopping for clothes: you DON'T want to end up wearing the same s*** as the person next to you. You should WANT your tattoos to be UNIQUE, and you should want an artist who is capable of GIVING you something unique. If I have to spend three years or more to find an artist to give me what I need, then so be it. Being that patient and serious about finding an artist saves you from A LOT of potential disasters, and trust when I say that I've SEEN a few! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 11:35 am

lmaooooo!!! ur post entertain me! heee heee!! u are truly the one on the corner with the guitar! i love it. that SAS mix sounds good, i had to jot down notes on that too! u aint got to explain no tatz, i have 3 and done did everything from a tongue ring to a nipple ring(s) Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 2 Icon_eek !! that was my rebel wit a cause days...im a mommy now..im **shanay-nay voice** imma layyyydee!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th May 2010, 1:41 pm

lol @ Shanay-nay

Hey LM! Did we post pics of these tats
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 7th May 2010, 1:50 pm

@Nubie: LOL!! Nubie if I could put you in a "break in case of emergency" box and take you with me, I'd never have another bad day! Love it!
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next