CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

+96
Renny
ladybug
jeanlouisangel
kekesmum
Corygentri
MsJay1121
naturallynola
KeAnia
curl_Gurl
envizionj
prettybrown213
queenshakirah
cha_phylicia
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Kez
wyldhoney
cyclingchick
Ms.Mai
freckledmom4
kim
Hurricane Curly
Neems
MomnWife
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
nattyblog
coilykinks
xtremelyperfect
Buttercup76
natural83
jamaicacurl
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curly-me-naturally
swoodward
LaToya28
*CurlyNikki*
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
ladykay6
jlowman1
TMS
Pinkrage
CuddleCurls
Curly_Aquarius
vmichelle
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
iri9109
NhappyJackie
CurlsGalore
newday
LadyMika
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
Notthecoolmom
Curlz of Luv
EmbracingNaturalMe
krazy coils
SheeTacular
CocoEuro
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
Muz
TheRYL1
Karyn
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
A85
dajewel
Roschelle
MellowOne
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
DvaAuNaturel
Intelligentbeauty
Mz. Thang
FemmeFox
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteƩ
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
jcanalena79
TerraD
100 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by bholmes87 23rd April 2010, 7:47 pm

You are looking AMAZING Chrs!!! From the hair to the weight loss, it's all beautiful Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by SisterBoyd 23rd April 2010, 11:53 pm

It looks like you're mastering the aloe and glycerin mix Wink

Your twist are so neat!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th April 2010, 12:53 am

tiashauntee wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:That lipstick is perfect!!! I love it!!!! You look beautiful and I see you are workign the accessories and them eyes!! ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 678474 I love it!!! Go on and work it!!

Ditto!!!

DITTO THAT TOO. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th April 2010, 7:01 am

@RoseBud, thanks lady! If your strand floats, your moisture level is good. Your cuticle is sealed and doesn't require more. I suggest doing it as often as you think about it. Sealed cuticles help with frizz. I highly suggest checking out LiveCurlyLiveFree.com. It speaks about the importance of texture, porosity, density and elasticity.[/quote]

That was my next question. I did the strand test in the water and my strand floated..it never went down. I thought something was wrong!!! cheers for moisture. Chrs...thanks for the link!! I will check that out today!!!

Your hair is on point!! Love the make-up and accessories...looking good Chrs!!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 25th April 2010, 6:08 pm

Thanks for stopping by, your advise is always welcomed on my page, don't be a stranger.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th April 2010, 9:47 am

Hi Chrs ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 11:03 am

Good mornin!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th April 2010, 12:48 pm

bholmes87 wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:@sweet, LOL, thanks lady! Yes, the shrinking girls are a big plus in my book, big plus ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Hmph ... too bad I don't have that problem in reverse Rolling Eyes
If I could, I would definitely share what I was and am hoping to lose to you.

bholmes87 wrote:You are looking AMAZING Chrs!!! From the hair to the weight loss, it's all beautiful Very Happy
Thanks lady!

SisterBoyd wrote:It looks like you're mastering the aloe and glycerin mix Wink

Your twist are so neat!
Yes, they were neat, and the aloe & glycerin is doing my hair great! I need to cleanse my scalp and redo these bad boys--frizz city today.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:That lipstick is perfect!!! I love it!!!! You look beautiful and I see you are workign the accessories and them eyes!! ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 678474 I love it!!! Go on and work it!!

Ditto!!!
Thanks IB! I am completely overhauling my look.

DITTO THAT TOO. Very Happy

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:@RoseBud, thanks lady! If your strand floats, your moisture level is good. Your cuticle is sealed and doesn't require more. I suggest doing it as often as you think about it. Sealed cuticles help with frizz. I highly suggest checking out LiveCurlyLiveFree.com. It speaks about the importance of texture, porosity, density and elasticity.

That was my next question. I did the strand test in the water and my strand floated..it never went down. I thought something was wrong!!! cheers for moisture. Chrs...thanks for the link!! I will check that out today!!!

Your hair is on point!! Love the make-up and accessories...looking good Chrs!!!!

KNH[/quote]Yay for floating strands! You are making sure your hair is moisturized and the float tests confirmed it. Thanks for the compliments!

RoseBud wrote:Thanks for stopping by, your advise is always welcomed on my page, don't be a stranger.
I will be back RoseBud.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hi Chrs ...
Hey lady!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Good mornin!!
Mawnin sweet!

My new skin care regimen and makeup has caused me a problem. The area under my eyes and on my eyelids are dry, irritated and wrinkled. I have aged 10 years+ in the last two days ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Icon_sad . Any suggestions for plumping this area back up? What do you use to remove eye makeup? Do you have any recommendations for eye cream? TIA
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th April 2010, 1:01 pm

Hi Chrs

Your hair is looking great I like the bun with the twist
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th April 2010, 1:04 pm

Morning Chrs!

Sorry about your undereye situation. What are you using now to remove your eye make-up? Usually I use whatever I'm washing my face with (lol) but you may want to try an eye makeup remover for sensitive skin, Nutrogena makes a good one and so does Lancome. I also like Clinique's Take Off the Day Balm, you rub it all over your face and then rinse. As for eye cream right now I'm using Nutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream. Look for something hydrating and maybe something with Viatmin K. Check out Little Golden Lamb. She always has great product review.

Good Luck!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th April 2010, 1:24 pm

MellowOne wrote:Hi Chrs

Thanks MellowOne! It held up pretty good for week one.

FemmeFox wrote:Morning Chrs!

Sorry about your undereye situation. What are you using now to remove your eye make-up? Usually I use whatever I'm washing my face with (lol) but you may want to try an eye makeup remover for sensitive skin, Nutrogena makes a good one and so does Lancome. I also like Clinique's Take Off the Day Balm, you rub it all over your face and then rinse. As for eye cream right now I'm using Nutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream. Look for something hydrating and maybe something with Viatmin K. Check out Little Golden Lamb. She always has great product review.

Good Luck!
Morning FemmeFox, thanks for your concern. I had been using water then noticed it did not remove everything so I have used castor oil and my OCM mix of jojoba oil, castor oil with few drops of tea tree EO. To cleanse my face I have been usng Clean & Clear oil free foaming face wash. I am going to stop using it for a few days and see if area improves. If I see no improvement, I will give up my 10% benzoyl peroxide (helping with acne). I will now use OCM every other night & Burts Bees face wash (previously used with no reaction).

I will check out Neutrogena since I can probably get it in the drugstore. I will also check out their healthy skin eye cream. I love Oprah but I feel like my eyes look like hers sans makeup ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Kopfschuettel . I am putting up a good front now but it is pretty disheartening. I even went out Saturday and pick up a bunch of goodies to use. I am going to check out Little Golden Lamb.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Empty ExittheApple & Immeasureable Chicken & Waffles

Post by Roschelle 26th April 2010, 3:12 pm

Well I absolutely loved the way you had your hair on Saturday!!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! I got a good laugh when you mentioned how you love getting carded and your younger hubby doesn't...cause I SURE didn't realize that was your (pretty much) grown son there on Saturday....I thought he was friends with someone who worked there and was just hanging out....you look great!!

Roschelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 4:23 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
MellowOne wrote:Hi Chrs

Thanks MellowOne! It held up pretty good for week one.

FemmeFox wrote:Morning Chrs!

Good Luck!
Morning FemmeFox, thanks for your concern. I had been using water then noticed it did not remove everything so I have used castor oil and my OCM mix of jojoba oil, castor oil with few drops of tea tree EO. To cleanse my face I have been usng Clean & Clear oil free foaming face wash. I am going to stop using it for a few days and see if area improves. If I see no improvement, I will give up my 10% benzoyl peroxide (helping with acne). I will now use OCM every other night & Burts Bees face wash (previously used with no reaction).

I will check out Neutrogena since I can probably get it in the drugstore. I will also check out their healthy skin eye cream. I love Oprah but I feel like my eyes look like hers sans makeup ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Kopfschuettel . I am putting up a good front now but it is pretty disheartening. I even went out Saturday and pick up a bunch of goodies to use. I am going to check out Little Golden Lamb.

Hi Chrs, I use Sephora Hope in a Tube eye & lip firming cream. I love it because allergy season is tough on my eyes.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th April 2010, 12:19 am

r u going to miami for carnival this year???
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 12:37 am

Roschelle wrote:Well I absolutely loved the way you had your hair on Saturday!!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! I got a good laugh when you mentioned how you love getting carded and your younger hubby doesn't...cause I SURE didn't realize that was your (pretty much) grown son there on Saturday....I thought he was friends with someone who worked there and was just hanging out....you look great!!
Thanks Roschelle! I am glad I came out. I enjoyed myself.

LOL, yes that was my youngest son. He is 17.

@sweet, thanks for letting me know what you use. I need to get something to counteract this dryness. It is like I have sunburn or a burn around my eyes. I was really feeling makeup too. I hope I can wear it again soon. I miss it. I feel naked
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Icon_redface .

dajewel wrote:r u going to miami for carnival this year???
Have not talked to hubby yet but I would sure love to do it. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law live near Miami. Thanks for reminding me.

Tonight, I undid my front twists. I DC'ed with Joico then cleansed with Dr. Bonner's all in one soap. I cleansed twice cause I had build up :-(. After cleansing, I applied a spritz of Aussie Moist, water & aloe vera gel all over my hair--tried not to get my scalp. I rinsed most of it out. I twisted the back in two and since I had untwisted the front I placed them in three big twists.

While plopping for an hour, I made the sheacocoaloe (sp?) mix I suggested to BlackButterfli. I used 1/4 cup each of raw shea butter and aloe vera gel and 1 T of coconut oil. I let the butter melt down some in a double-boiler type method. I added the coconut oil and stirred for five minutes. Then added the gel. I stirred and stirred and stirred some more. There was way too much aloe vera gel so I pulled out my mixer. It still did not help so I added a couple more spoonfuls of shea butter. It helped a little bit but I still had too much gel so I poured out the equivalent of about a tablespoon.

I used the mix to do the front of my twists. I will show you lovely ladies what it looks like tomorrow. I did a pretty good job of twisting the front. I am working to get to Tia's level. It is a high standard to try to attain but I am willing to put in the work and practice.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th April 2010, 2:01 am

Can't wait to see the twists tomorrow Chrs!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th April 2010, 7:53 am

Morning Chrs~

I thought I posted last night, but it looks like my posting ran away!! Anyway just a brief recap!!! I can't wait to see your twists!!Very Happy

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 27th April 2010, 9:53 am

Dear Chrs,

You look absolutely fab!

Sincerely,

A

lol but no you look amazing!!!
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 1:51 pm

Here are pictures of the twists. I redid the front but the back ones are the ones from last Saturday, April 17.
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0094ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0095ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0096ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0097
[/url]

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 27th April 2010, 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed BB photos for digital photos)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 27th April 2010, 2:09 pm

Your hair is looking beautiful Chrs!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 7:46 pm

hey Chrs, thanks for the advice about the cones, I just wanted to make a stop on your BnB *waving*
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 11:33 pm

A85 wrote:Dear Chrs,

You look absolutely fab!

Sincerely,

A

lol but no you look amazing!!!
Thanks A!

FemmeFox wrote:Your hair is looking beautiful Chrs!
Gracias FemmeFox!

RoseBud wrote:hey Chrs, thanks for the advice about the cones, I just wanted to make a stop on your BnB *waving*
*waving back* Hi RoseBud, glad I could help.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th April 2010, 12:18 am

Great pics. Your hair looks beautiful. Did you pick up anything from Oyin on Saturday? I can't remember if you said you use the products or not.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th April 2010, 12:22 am

Wow. The twists look great!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 28th April 2010, 12:32 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Here are pictures of the twists. I redid the front but the back ones are the ones from last Saturday, April 17.
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0094ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0095ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0096ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 3 Img_0097
[/url]

Chrs, Chrs, Chrs ... I LITERALLY touched the screen!!! I swear I just did!!! OMG ... the shine, the smoothness, the BEAUTIFUL hair!!! We totally need a drool smiley ....
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next