CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

+96
Renny
ladybug
jeanlouisangel
kekesmum
Corygentri
MsJay1121
naturallynola
KeAnia
curl_Gurl
envizionj
prettybrown213
queenshakirah
cha_phylicia
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Kez
wyldhoney
cyclingchick
Ms.Mai
freckledmom4
kim
Hurricane Curly
Neems
MomnWife
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
nattyblog
coilykinks
xtremelyperfect
Buttercup76
natural83
jamaicacurl
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curly-me-naturally
swoodward
LaToya28
*CurlyNikki*
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
ladykay6
jlowman1
TMS
Pinkrage
CuddleCurls
Curly_Aquarius
vmichelle
curlsunfurled
naturalmommyGA
iri9109
NhappyJackie
CurlsGalore
newday
LadyMika
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
Notthecoolmom
Curlz of Luv
EmbracingNaturalMe
krazy coils
SheeTacular
CocoEuro
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
Muz
TheRYL1
Karyn
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
A85
dajewel
Roschelle
MellowOne
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
DvaAuNaturel
Intelligentbeauty
Mz. Thang
FemmeFox
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteé
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
jcanalena79
TerraD
100 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by sweetdrk1 21st April 2010, 5:10 pm

Go head and do it hot moma!!! You are taking your GLAM factor to all new high! I love it!

NUBBIE leeb the twins alone! Chrs I was thinking they were shrinking too! THAT right there is motivation enough! because these gurls I carry around need a job!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS

Post by tiashaunteé 21st April 2010, 5:44 pm

That sweater is CUTE!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 21st April 2010, 11:17 pm

Lookin' good Chrs!!! I'm thinking of coming to that meetup this Sat. Will you be there for sure? I'd love to *know* someone else there... Smile
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd April 2010, 12:27 am

WOW Chrs....you are looking good from head to knees. (couldn't see you feet so I couldn't say toes) lol!

I've got a long way to go before I take any complete body pictures....I've lost only 6 pounds still a ways to go!! However, you are an inspiration...Looking good!!!

KNH Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 22nd April 2010, 2:12 am

Chrs! You look amazing and I agree with Sweet. You've stepped up your glam factor as well and you totally deserve credit for workin' it! I'm going to take some tips from you, that's another cute outfit!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 22nd April 2010, 2:48 am

Hey Chrs,

Just stopping by your hair is as always beautiful, I love the twist and the Bun. You look cute and very professional.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd April 2010, 9:37 am

Good Morning Chrs
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd April 2010, 9:42 am

Good Thursday Morning Chrs ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd April 2010, 9:54 am

@sweet, LOL, thanks lady! Yes, the shrinking girls are a big plus in my book, big plus ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

@tia, I saw it and wondered what I could do with it. I thought, shucks, I will figure something out because it is CUTE.

@jcanalena79, yes, I will be there for sure. I will likely have my 17 year old with me.

@KNH, LOL @ head to knees, I am wearing flats most days now since my ex-puppy chewed up most of my shoes. Don't you know he seemed to know which ones were recent purchases ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Icon_evil . In fact this morning, I decided to wear heels, guess what, that little bugger chewed up that pair as well ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes so it's back to flats again.

@TerraD, thanks, I have definitely stepped it up. I have seen you, you have the glam thang down. Next stop is shoe shopping. I want a nice pair of black pumps as well as purple and red.

@ktoliver5303, much thanks!

Morning sweet & BBD, make it a great one!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 22nd April 2010, 2:58 pm

Darling you are always glamorous! Nothing like giving yourself a makeover tho. I am in the middle of little style evolution myself. You're doing it girl!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 22nd April 2010, 7:27 pm

Chrs, check Macy's and Nordstrom's Rack. They have some great pumps for much cheaper than some designers!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd April 2010, 2:54 am

Your white sweater is cute and I can see the weight loss. FABULOUS Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd April 2010, 10:10 am

Wow, Chrs you look great.

I love that white sweater.

I need to up my glam factor ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd April 2010, 11:48 am

FemmeFox wrote:Darling you are always glamorous! Nothing like giving yourself a makeover tho. I am in the middle of little style evolution myself. You're doing it girl!!!

TerraD wrote:Chrs, check Macy's and Nordstrom's Rack. They have some great pumps for much cheaper than some designers!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Your white sweater is cute and I can see the weight loss. FABULOUS Very Happy

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, Chrs you look great.

I love that white sweater.

I need to up my glam factor ...
Thanks ladies!

Wednesday after spinning class, I cleansed my scalp. My head had been itching a LOT. It was bad. So in order to preserve the front, I used duckbill clips to hold them to my scalp. I cleansed with VO5 Moisture Milks. For conditioner, I used AO's White Camellia. I let it sit in my hair a few minutes. I then rinsed it out in warm water then cold water. I immediately applied aloe vera gel/glycerin mix, Afroveda's totally twisted ginger almond butter and KBB's hair cream. I put the butter and cream on my scalp also. I donned my wave cap and slept.

My hair was still a bit frizzy Thursday morning but it is not bad enough for me to be bothered.

Last night, I spritzed my hair with strong fenugreek tea and put on quite a bit of KBB's hair cream to control frizz more. I am happy to say the frizz has diminished greatly. I can see myself going at least one more week before I have to retwist the front.

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday and today. In today's picture, I am wearing a red lipstick. Thanks for convincing me LethalPleazure!
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Thursd12ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Thursd13
ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Friday10
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd April 2010, 11:57 am

That lipstick is perfect!!! I love it!!!! You look beautiful and I see you are workign the accessories and them eyes!! ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 678474 I love it!!! Go on and work it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd April 2010, 12:00 pm

ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Icon_biggrin thanks sweet! I am trying to work it believe me, LOL!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 12:01 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:That lipstick is perfect!!! I love it!!!! You look beautiful and I see you are workign the accessories and them eyes!! ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 678474 I love it!!! Go on and work it!!

Ditto!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 23rd April 2010, 12:44 pm

Chrs,
You look great. You can really see you are coming down....just dropping lbs all over the place. Keep up your hard work, it's definitely paying off.

Fenugreek tea hair spritz? How did you figure that out for your hair? Just curious.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 1:27 pm

Girl you fab! I can really your weight loss in your face. Cheekbones poppin! Love the red lips. This summer I have decided that I'm either going do wear nude lips or bright lips (fuschia or orange). And I just bought Nars blush in Taj Mahal, its a gorgeous orange color. If you can get it, do (it sells out like crazy) I think you're ready for something a bit more daring!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd April 2010, 2:21 pm

hey, you are pretty as usual.

I did the float test you told Dva about and my strands float, sooo what does that mean?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd April 2010, 3:55 pm

@tia and FemmeFox, thank you ladies!

@DvaAuNaturel, thanks for the encouragement! As for fenugreek tea, I read it as one of the herbs that can help with natural hair. It contains protein.

@FemmeFox, I have cheekbones, who knew, j/k. I am scared of using blush. I know I read and watch too many YT videos but I have read and heard that many experience break outs using blush. Is there an eyeshadow or lipstick you know that is similar in color to the Nars Taj Mahal? I know curly+kinky+fierce and others I watch talk about orange blush.

@RoseBud, thanks lady! If your strand floats, your moisture level is good. Your cuticle is sealed and doesn't require more. I suggest doing it as often as you think about it. Sealed cuticles help with frizz. I highly suggest checking out LiveCurlyLiveFree.com. It speaks about the importance of texture, porosity, density and elasticity.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd April 2010, 4:20 pm

I agree with Femme, the Nars Taj Mahal is beautiful! I still haven't gotten my hot little hands on it! I can't speak on for blush induced breakouts though as I rarely wear it.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd April 2010, 5:54 pm

Chrs your hair is so beautiful. I'm going to borrow a couple steps from you. Hoping that helps as I get back into the gym! I love spinning but since I broke my wrist I haven't been able to go. It's going to kill me when I get back in!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 7:40 pm

[quote="ChrsLvsBks"]
@FemmeFox, I have cheekbones, who knew, j/k. I am scared of using blush. I know I read and watch too many YT videos but I have read and heard that many experience break outs using blush. Is there an eyeshadow or lipstick you know that is similar in color to the Nars Taj Mahal? I know curly+kinky+fierce and others I watch talk about orange blush.

CocaColaCutie wrote:I agree with Femme, the Nars Taj Mahal is beautiful! I still haven't gotten my hot little hands on it! I can't speak on for blush induced breakouts though as I rarely wear it.

Chrs I haven't had any blush related breakouts but my skin is pretty resiliant when it comes to make-up. I also make sure to always take my make-up off completely before I go to bed (actually if I wear it out during the day and I know that I am not going out again I'll take it off when I get home...if I end up going out again I'll start with a clean face), clean my brushes, AND if it's been awhile since I used a product, I spritz it with some alcohol (at least 70%). If you're still a bit gun shy, you can try mineral blush, it's less reactive.

As far a similar lip color you can try Sephora's Cream Rouge lisptick in It Girl #06, it's an orange coral. For mineral blush, you can try MAC Mineralize Duos in Bi-Tone or Chic Couple. They aren't exact dupes but you can mix the colors together to get your perfect shade.

I say go for blush! Too many women of color skip it and it does wonders to brighten up your face!

@CCC it's always available on the NARS website.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 23rd April 2010, 7:45 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@sweet, LOL, thanks lady! Yes, the shrinking girls are a big plus in my book, big plus ChrsLvsBks--Journey to WL First of Many PS - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Hmph ... too bad I don't have that problem in reverse Rolling Eyes
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next