CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DvaAuNaturel

+47
Mom2KurlyT
Ebbz
wyldhoney
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
iri9109
Buttercup76
jlowman1
QuietButterfly
NaturallyCLD
priceless
coilykinks
CocoEuro
swoodward
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Karyn
TMS
Notthecoolmom
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
AfrikanLatina
krazy coils
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
Muz
ktoliver5303
jcanalena79
newcurlieque
ChrsLvsBks
neethair
BlondeByDesire
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
LaToya28
MellowOne
NhappyJackie
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
SheeTacular
mstokes2008
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
51 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Empty Re: DvaAuNaturel

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 1:35 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I think for the first time you did a great job too, DVA.
I also see curls and definition.
Sometimes we are our worst critics. That is why I love this community and forum because you can get real opinions, advice and suggestions. DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Icon_smile

Thanks IB, that is so true. This is my "hair" haven! At least I know good or bad I (we)can come here for support.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 1:43 pm

Well, today I decided to go back to my trusted friend, old faithful, the wash-n-go. I co-washed this morning, used my regular leave in (Oyin Honey Hemp) and sealed with some EVOO and my new BNB Grow My Hair butter.

After my not so great twistout yesterday I did make an attempt to shape up my own hair last night without much success, lol. I so hate to have to pay someone $30+ to do my hair for somehting so simple but me+scissors = choppy looking hair. So I have an appointment today to get my hair shaped up some. I'm sure the stylist will see what I TRIED to do.

My hair feels so good from the shea butter too. I don't normally use that but I think I like it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th March 2010, 1:46 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Well, today I decided to go back to my trusted friend, old faithful, the wash-n-go. I co-washed this morning, used my regular leave in (Oyin Honey Hemp) and sealed with some EVOO and my new BNB Grow My Hair butter.

After my not so great twistout yesterday I did make an attempt to shape up my own hair last night without much success, lol. I so hate to have to pay someone $30+ to do my hair for somehting so simple but me+scissors = choppy looking hair. So I have an appointment today to get my hair shaped up some. I'm sure the stylist will see what I TRIED to do.

My hair feels so good from the shea butter too. I don't normally use that but I think I like it.
hey Dva, I am not so good at the scissors either LOL, next time I decide to trim, i will be going to a stylist to do it. Good luck
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th March 2010, 1:49 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Okay, so here I was all excited this morning about my twists. This is my second time natural. The first time I transitioned I dealt with the two different textures and retained some length.

This time around I'm thinking just go ahead and let it go and did my BC. My hair wasn't that long anyway since I had cut it into a short pixie style.

Anyway, this morning as I was taking out my twists I was thinking WTH!? have I done to myself...my hair looked a HAM! DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Kopfschuettel I kept thinking just wash it and wear it curly. But oh no, I was determined to rock the twists. I kept unraveling thinking it would look better but that didn't happen.

Here are the results of my twistout...not so good. I think I need more length. Maybe it's the weather too becuase I was not feeling my hair AT ALL today. I dont' regret going natural again, just doubting the length today.

I felt like the little 13 year old girl in 8th grade all over again who had to cut off her hair to get rid of a jheri curl (I know, I know...why, right would anyone wear that...but I did) rocking braces, conrows my mother did, and acne. WOW! My mother, bless her heart thought she was helping. I looked so pitiful.

DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 104_0430

DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 104_0431
huh, girl that looks good! Your hair is blinding me, what are you puttn in it?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 10:28 pm

Thanks Rosebud. For the twists themselves I used Oyin Shine & Define and Burnt Sugar Pomade. I used coconut oil to undo my twists. My hair was very well moisturized. I typically don't mess with the coconut oil but it worked well for that purpose.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 10:42 pm

Okay, so this evening I went to get my hair properly shaped up. I am very satisfied with the results however the overall salon experience not so. First of all, I was disappointed that the salon which caters to natural hair didn't have but one CG friendly/SLS/ALS free shampoo to choose from, and that was only after I asked about what they planned to shampoo my hair with. I didn't want it shampoo'd at all but they wouldn't let me do that.

Second, my appointment was at 4:30. Can someone please explain to me why salons schedule appointments and make you wait. I am so sick of that. In no other business is that acceptable. I deal with customers all the time and when I have a meeting if I am scheduled for 9:00 or 10:00 am or whatever we start at 9 or 10 am. I'm sorry, I was really annoyed by that. Okay, so I finally got in her chair around 5:10 pm.

Third, the products she wanted to use on my hair are ones I am staying away from since I am doing the CG method...no silicones....no shampoo. I almost passed out when she asked about putting some oil on my hair, after I told her no to Miss Jessie's products, and picked up something, poured it in her hands and before I could stop her was rubbing my hair with some DAMN Biosilk. UGGGGH!!!! NO!!!!! I picked up the bottle from her station and told her I'd had to wash my hair again because that has ingredients I am trying/currently not using in my hair...silicones. I was done.

The upside is that my hair was only $15, and I only paid $10 because I had a $5 off coupon that they gave me after my first visit. Suffice it to say, I won't be going back there. I'll have to figure out how to trim my own hair when the time comes in addition to caring for it myself at home. This is the only way to guarantee the products I want in my hair. And no more ridiculous waits. Geesh!

I am happy about ALL of the little straight ends being gone and my hair has a nice shape. Now, I'll just focus on growing it and retaining the length so I can do some twists, twisouts, and other fabulous styles.

(Sorry for the long post....just needed to vent about my experience.)

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 30th March 2010, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 30th March 2010, 11:08 pm

Wow sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience...but on the upside $10 that is a really good price.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th March 2010, 11:19 pm

o no Dva, sorry about that. I trimmed the rest of my hair tonight and girl I just kept my hand steady. It looks pretty good, well its over and now, and you 100% au natural. (me too). DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 678474
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 11:22 pm

RoseBud wrote:o no Dva, sorry about that. I trimmed the rest of my hair tonight and girl I just kept my hand steady. It looks pretty good, well its over and now, and you 100% au natural. (me too). DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 678474

@Rosebud - Isn't it exciting...WOOHOO! dance
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 11:24 pm

MellowOne wrote:Wow sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience...but on the upside $10 that is a really good price.

yeah I think so too. I think she felt bad about making me wait because when she rang me up she said, just give me $15 (before I gave her the coupon). It's all good. As long as my hair is happy I'm happy.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 11:29 pm

Okay, so I need some guidance from you ladies. I told you in my earlier post that the stylist used some Biosilk on my hair and it had the silicone Cyclomethicone in it.

I forgot to mention that I co-washed with baking soda and did an ACV rinse so I could clarify my hair. Is that good enough? Afterwards I did a brief 30 min deep condish w/Lustrasilk Shea+Mango sealed w/EVOO. I am worried about my hair smelling like ACV and want to make sure that I did okay in ridding my hair of the cones. If I have to I'll use a clarifying shampoo but would like to avoid it if possible. This was my first time doing the baking soda/ACV thing.

TIA for your input.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 30th March 2010, 11:41 pm

I hate that whatever salon you go to and regardless of what time your appointment is they make you wait. Whats the point of the appointment if I'm not in the chair getting my hair done?? ugh!! But I'm glad you got those relaxed ends off, I was relieved when mine were all gone. I have no idea about the ACV thing. I bought some but haven't used it yet. I'm interested to see what others say about it.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st March 2010, 1:09 am

That's one reason I stopped going to the salon. My stylist is great, but I didn't like the products she was using.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 1:14 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Okay, so I need some guidance from you ladies. I told you in my earlier post that the stylist used some Biosilk on my hair and it had the silicone Cyclomethicone in it.

I forgot to mention that I co-washed with baking soda and did an ACV rinse so I could clarify my hair. Is that good enough? Afterwards I did a brief 30 min deep condish w/Lustrasilk Shea+Mango sealed w/EVOO. I am worried about my hair smelling like ACV and want to make sure that I did okay in ridding my hair of the cones. If I have to I'll use a clarifying shampoo but would like to avoid it if possible. This was my first time doing the baking soda/ACV thing.

TIA for your input.

The baking soda /ACV should be fine to clarify those cones. And the ACV smell will dissipate on it's own once it dries but the condish afterwards is good.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st March 2010, 11:20 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:Okay, so I need some guidance from you ladies. I told you in my earlier post that the stylist used some Biosilk on my hair and it had the silicone Cyclomethicone in it.

TIA for your input.

The baking soda /ACV should be fine to clarify those cones. And the ACV smell will dissipate on it's own once it dries but the condish afterwards is good.

IB you were so right. This morning it was all gone. I had an early morning 8 am meeting and was worred I'd be sitting up in there smelling like vinegar. DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Affraid

Thanks!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Empty A Fresh Start

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st March 2010, 11:27 am

Good Morning Ladies,

I am feeling so good today about my hair. Monday, not so good; Tuesday, was desperate to get it shaped up; and Wednesday I feel like I have a fresh start. After the baking soda co-wash/ACV rinse I used some Qhemet AOHC. This am my hair felt good; it was so soft and I'm loving it.

For today I just rinsed my hair, used a little more Qhemet AOHC and some of their Honeybush Soft Tea Gel. Not sure if it's the gel or not but my hair feels a little dry to me and doesn't have any shine. I wonder if I should put on the gel then the moisturizer but that seems backwards. Maybe the AOHC doesn't work well under the gel, IDK.

Anyway, today's a good hair day... DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st March 2010, 12:20 pm

Sorry about the hair salon fiasco ... but you got the cut you wanted is all that matters.

That's exactly why I stopped going to the salon years ago - because the wait was ridiculous - they over book and you be there all day long.

Which salon did you go to ... so I know to steer clear of them. You can PM me if you don't want to put them on blast.

I'm glad you are feeling better about your hair.

Happy Wednesday.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st March 2010, 2:30 pm

Hi Dva~

I see you had a typical salon visit. DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Icon_mad I want to go to a natural salon, but I don't have the patience to wait that long anymore! So I know how you felt.

Just a little tip on Qhemet. You only need a little and that will go a long way. When I do my puffs I use the heavy cream, gel for my edges (not Qhemet's gel not enough hold) and follow that with the balm. I don't have to add any product for a week! When I say soft!!! Man you wouldn't believe it!!! Now I never used it for a wash'n'go, but again a little goes a long way!!!

I am so glad you are having a better hair day!! DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Icon_cheers

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st March 2010, 3:30 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Dva~

I see you had a typical salon visit. DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Icon_mad I want to go to a natural salon, but I don't have the patience to wait that long anymore! So I know how you felt.

Just a little tip on Qhemet. You only need a little and that will go a long way. When I do my puffs I use the heavy cream, gel for my edges (not Qhemet's gel not enough hold) and follow that with the balm. I don't have to add any product for a week! When I say soft!!! Man you wouldn't believe it!!! Now I never used it for a wash'n'go, but again a little goes a long way!!!

I am so glad you are having a better hair day!! DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Icon_cheers

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy, Thanks for the tips on using Qhemet. I wonder if I should stop wetting my hair daily. That might help me not have to use so much product so quickly, not that my hair is long or anything but I find myself doing my hair daily which means I'll go through stuff faster. So you use the AOHC, then a gel (for edges), and then the Qhemet OHHB and don't style for a few days. Maybe I need to try that. Are you doing this after co-washing or spritzing your hair or on dry hair?

TIA!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st March 2010, 5:28 pm

Woooo hooo for being 100% natural
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st March 2010, 11:16 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Woooo hooo for being 100% natural

Thanks Sweet. Onto my full natural journey. I love touching my curls. I'm going to have to learn to control the HIH syndrome. Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st March 2010, 11:31 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy, Thanks for the tips on using Qhemet. I wonder if I should stop wetting my hair daily. That might help me not have to use so much product so quickly, not that my hair is long or anything but I find myself doing my hair daily which means I'll go through stuff faster. So you use the AOHC, then a gel (for edges), and then the Qhemet OHHB and don't style for a few days. Maybe I need to try that. Are you doing this after co-washing or spritzing your hair or on dry hair?

TIA!

I do this after I co-wash or shampoo (whatever is needed at that time) I've never used Qhemet on dry hair; however, I think you can and get the same results. I don't have to do anything to my hair for a week. If my puff starts to lose moisture (which it did only once) I will spray a little conditioner and water mixture on my puff. That's all!!

Hope that helps!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st April 2010, 12:12 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:

KNH

TIA!

I do this after I co-wash or shampoo (whatever is needed at that time) I've never used Qhemet on dry hair; however, I think you can and get the same results. I don't have to do anything to my hair for a week. If my puff starts to lose moisture (which it did only once) I will spray a little conditioner and water mixture on my puff. That's all!!

Hope that helps!!!

KNH, thanks. I'm going to see how my hair holds up for the rest of the week. At least until Saturday or Sunday, which is my salon & spa day (at home pedicure; facial; hair treatments, etc.). I'm itching to try the AOHC & OHHB together like you mentioned. I'll do that next. I'm trying to narrow down my product line up so I can truly see results. Qhemet seems like a top quality product too so I should get good results if I use it regularly.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st April 2010, 8:32 am

Good Morning Dva~

I saw great results with Qhemet immediately; however, this was during the winter months!!! My hair hated the cold!! I needed moisture and that is just what I got!!

While you are in your TWA phase; once you find the right product then as I was told "stick with it." It's working for me!!

Have a blessed day!!! KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st April 2010, 6:00 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Good Morning Dva~

I saw great results with Qhemet immediately; however, this was during the winter months!!! My hair hated the cold!! I needed moisture and that is just what I got!!

While you are in your TWA phase; once you find the right product then as I was told "stick with it." It's working for me!!

Have a blessed day!!! KNH

Thanks KNH I'll let you know how it works out.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum