CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DvaAuNaturel

+47
Mom2KurlyT
Ebbz
wyldhoney
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
iri9109
Buttercup76
jlowman1
QuietButterfly
NaturallyCLD
priceless
coilykinks
CocoEuro
swoodward
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Karyn
TMS
Notthecoolmom
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
AfrikanLatina
krazy coils
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
Muz
ktoliver5303
jcanalena79
newcurlieque
ChrsLvsBks
neethair
BlondeByDesire
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
LaToya28
MellowOne
NhappyJackie
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
SheeTacular
mstokes2008
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
51 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

DvaAuNaturel - Page 40 Empty Re: DvaAuNaturel

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th August 2010, 12:55 pm

CrissyQ wrote: I love the prayer that if it's the Lord's will that I do xyz that the Lord would open doors that no man can shut and if it's not to close doors that no man can open. Take a step and see what happens. If doors start opening and you have peace about them, take another step and just remain prayerful.

Well said natty

Me too! Thanks so much Natty for that post. I think that's where I've gone wrong actually. I have not been seeking direction from God. I haven't been to church in awhile either. No particular reason. My church is super big and sometimes it just feels like a hassle to get in there and really enjoy the service. My pastor is awesome and always brings a good word though so I need to stop allowing the enemy to put that in my spirit and go back to my source for diretion and guidance - God and His word.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th August 2010, 1:01 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey lady!! Praying that it all works out!!

Smooches.

Thanks Shee!

swoodward wrote:My only advice at this time is God made us so that we would sleep 8 hours a day. Don't forget it.

Ok, I take that back - that's not my ONLY advice. Gray hair is notoriously difficult and annoying. It resists coloring and styling for a lot of women. Some are terribly lucky and have no issues at all. Some ladies can get away with wonderful changes (see those hot mamas Blondie and BlondebyDesire or the lucky Sweet). Then there are those like me who once had permanent black dye wipe off on my hands on my then gray-free hair. I laugh when I think about how my hair would react now because my hair when damaged resists dye like nobody's business. Now most hair colors are a joke. A permanent color has to be very powerful to color my hair - which is probably strong enough to break my hair off. My gray shrugs Jazzing off like an unwanted hand at the club. I tried Surya Henna creme and got a whopping 2 shampoos out of it and that was with porous relaxed ends.

If you have grey and you want cover it with permanent dye, see a trusted professional. The beauty of henna, amla and indigo is you can do it yourself without giving yourself an accidental depilatory treatment of the head. (I'll shave my head shiny when I am ready to join a Buddhist monastery!) That said, there are some products (Naturtint - semi permanent or Surya - rinse) that can also give you nice results so you can play. In fact, if you need a quick fix Surya comes in soft black and contains henna and should cover your gray for a short period without compromising the indigo. Still, I would get thyself to a hairdresser that you trust if and when you decide to dye and prepared to fork over the $$$ 'cause your hair grows fast and the gray is going to show - and that's GOOD because it means your hair is growing.

I am glad you brought this up because my brat wants her hair dyed black and I suspected that indigo was permanent. I am going to Whole foods and grab a rinse for her to try. Remember, you look beautiful with black hair and beautiful with salt & pepper. So you don't have to rush.
Sorry for the long post!!!

Hey Swood,

You are so right about the Jazzing. I put it in on Sunday and it's already fading. It's all good though.
I'm thinking about my former colorist to provide the color. I do not plan to try and do it myself or I might just end up looking like I belong in a Buddhist monastery, lol!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning Dva...

You have gotten some great advice. When I want to make a decision I pray about it and listen to what God puts in my spirit. Then I make my decision. I admire you for having goals, and I think they are all attainable. Remember to make sure to keep Dva in sight...you don't want to take on so much and forget to put some time a side to do you. That's the only advice I have...

Listen to SW about grey...I'm telling you I have the same issue so I just do henna but I use the BQA (?) henna. I henna now every two weeks because I want to see the color more on my black hair; however, I really don't have to do it but once a month. It really covers my grey well.

Have a great day...

KNH

Hey KNH,
You're right about not taking on too much. I'm very insistent on my "me" time so I definitely plan to manage everything properly (or at least try to) so I can still enjoy that.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th August 2010, 1:13 pm

Good Afternoon Curly Divas,

So Tuesday was my 6 month natural hair anniversary. woot! I need to reassess my journey thus far and set some goals for the next 6 months. I definitely want to document more so that's one goal I'll add to my list. I plan to post pics tonight (or no later than the weekend) of my hair's progress since Feb. 24 when I BC'd.

I've actually been thinking about chopping again for the 6 mos. anniv. I started thinking about this a couple of days ago because I put the Jazzing color rinse in on Sunday and my Adora (my hair's name) has been laughing since. It's already fading. I don't think the rinse is a product for naturals, especially if you are regularly wetting your hair. I was spraying my hair the other day to moisturize it before bed and had red colored drops dripping all over my face, neck, pajamas. SMH No and laughing at the same time. If I cut some inches off then maybe I can color. Yes, I'm pressed for my color and cutting it may be my best option. I'm going to see a colorist and try to get them to do a dark brown/chestnut...nothing too light so they don't have to lift my hair too much (per the recommendation from the hennaforhair lady) and hope that I'm safe. If it turns green then I'll cut it.

It's been fun learning my hair and although I don't think I look best with short hair I don't mind the TWA because it's so low maintenance.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the great advice you provided. I love this site. There is so much encouragement no matter whether it's hair related or not. I'm going back to the source (God and His Word) so I can get some direction. I haven't really been seeking His guidance as I should nor have I been to church in awhile. I still worship and give glory but need to get back on track on making this a part of my daily routine....just like I do everything else.

Lastly, I've been working out regularly (walking 60 mins and/or doing my Tae Bo video) and this time I'm enjoying myself. Not sure what's different but it doesn't feel like a chore. I came home the other day and was feeling kind of funky. Went walking for an hour and I felt good afterward. Nothing like some alone time to think things through to clear your head. I've dropped 8 pounds already in the past 3 weeks. I WILL NOT CARRY THIS WEIGHT WITH ME INTO MY 40's. I turn 40 next year....somebody please tell me where the time has gone....seriously?! Anyway, I'm not playing this time...workouts 5 days now 45 mins minimum and will ramp up to 6 days in a couple of months. I'm scheduled for a 5K walk on 9/25 and I'm looking forward to it. I trained for a marathon a few years back so I'm going to work my way up to that. I'd like to complete one next year for my 40th birthday.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Have a great day ladies!

TTYS!

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 28th August 2010, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th August 2010, 2:06 pm

Happy 6 month anniversary DVA!!

I hope the coloring decision works out and if you have to cut your hair just remember it will grow back. Congrats on working out. When I would force myself to work out I hated it and would actually skip working out because I saw it as a chore. When you do it because you really want to it becomes fun again. TTYL
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th August 2010, 2:22 pm

6 months? WOW cheers

CONGRATS!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 26th August 2010, 3:51 pm

Happy 6 month anniversary! I feel you on the grey hair and coloring dilemma. I go back and forth on it. I will be praying that God will reveal to you what to do in terms of your jobs.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 26th August 2010, 6:48 pm

6 months already!!! Congratulations gorgeous!!!
Hey, doesn't butter&bars sell henna? I wonder if she has any advice for indigo users.
Can't wait for your pics!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th August 2010, 7:09 pm

Happy 6 months, going back to read what's going on with you. As always Curl street to the rescue! I love this forum!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th August 2010, 2:51 pm

Hey Dva...

So sorry I missed your 6 month anniversary!!! Congratulations!!! So you plan to chop off that henna? Well keep up posted...back in the day I would grow my hair to cut is short!! Crazy huh? Well...I'm not one that has to have long hair, but I just want to see how long my hair will grow now that I'm learning and trying to take better care if it.

Have you ever had color? Check out MC's fb page...she colored her hair and it is too cute. No bleach.....

Hope you are enjoying your day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 30th August 2010, 9:50 pm

KNH, MC?

Hey Dva!!! S'Up? Were you sneezing today? I was talking about your shiny hair!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 30th August 2010, 10:55 pm

I'm late, congratulations on your 6 month anniversary.

curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st August 2010, 1:06 am

WOW 6 months already???

CONGRATS cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 31st August 2010, 11:11 am

Happy 6 month anniversary dva!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st August 2010, 11:36 am

Happy six month anniversary!

Congratulations on your weight loss--wow eight pounds in two weeks!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st August 2010, 10:22 pm

krazy coils wrote:Happy 6 month anniversary DVA!!

I hope the coloring decision works out and if you have to cut your hair just remember it will grow back. Congrats on working out. When I would force myself to work out I hated it and would actually skip working out because I saw it as a chore. When you do it because you really want to it becomes fun again. TTYL
Thanks KC. That's my thought exactly...it's just hair and will come back.

CrissyQ wrote:6 months? WOW cheers

CONGRATS!

Thanks CrissyQ! I'm loving your new avi.

EmbracingNaturalMe wrote:Happy 6 month anniversary! I feel you on the grey hair and coloring dilemma. I go back and forth on it. I will be praying that God will reveal to you what to do in terms of your jobs.

Thanks! Wow, your hair has really grown....looks fantastic! I appreciate the encouragement (and prayers).

swoodward wrote:6 months already!!! Congratulations gorgeous!!!
Hey, doesn't butter&bars sell henna? I wonder if she has any advice for indigo users.
Can't wait for your pics!!!

Thanks a lot Swood. I'm working on the pics.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Happy 6 months, going back to read what's going on with you. As always Curl street to the rescue! I love this forum!

Thanks Sweet!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Dva...

So sorry I missed your 6 month anniversary!!! Congratulations!!! So you plan to chop off that henna? Well keep up posted...back in the day I would grow my hair to cut is short!! Crazy huh? Well...I'm not one that has to have long hair, but I just want to see how long my hair will grow now that I'm learning and trying to take better care if it.

Have you ever had color? Check out MC's fb page...she colored her hair and it is too cute. No bleach.....

Hope you are enjoying your day!!

KNH

I've made my decision on the hair and color. I'm chopping again! It'll grow back, that's my thought. I've had color several times before. This time I won't be going to the salon as regularly though so I'll be pampering my hair at home.

swoodward wrote:KNH, MC?

Hey Dva!!! S'Up? Were you sneezing today? I was talking about your shiny hair!

LOL! Thank you.
curlsunfurled wrote:I'm late, congratulations on your 6 month anniversary.
Thanks!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:WOW 6 months already??? CONGRATS cheers

Yep, 6 mos. Time flies when you're having fun and I've definitely been enjoying my hair.

CocaColaCutie wrote:Happy 6 month anniversary dva!

Thank you CCC!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Happy six month anniversary!

Congratulations on your weight loss--wow eight pounds in two weeks!

Hey Chrs! Thanks a bunch. I think my body was shocked at the changes I made (no sweets, more activity, better food choices) so the first 3 weeks the weight really dropped. Now it's starting to taper off and I'll probably average 1-2 pounds/week.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 31st August 2010, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st August 2010, 10:44 pm

Hey Curly Divas,

I'm working on loading my pics to share my 6 mos. hair journey. It'll really serve a purpose for me becuase it will show me what my hair is capable of when it is properly taken care of and pampered. I say that becuase I'm planning to BC again on Thursday, so the pics of the last 6 mos will encourage me over the next 6 mos.

I went for a consultation today about my color and it didn't work at all. This indigo is like concrete. The color only took on the roots. I explained to the stylist that I was prepared to cut if necessary. At first she wasn't feeling my decision about cutting but after the strand test and she noticed no change with either the bleaching or the color she applied she understood why I had mentioned that. I'm planning to do some type of brown (chestnut color w/caramel highlights or something along those lines). I don't want anything too light becuase I don't want to have to lift my hair too much in order to do it. I'm thinking with the indigo gone I won't have to bleach at all or very little. The stylist said I would only have to do a one step process...I think that means no bleaching. Before we got to this point she was mentioning corrective color which is super expensive but she said with the indigo that wouldn't work either. NEVER EVER AGAIN will I indigo/henna my hair (that's for ME)!

Maybe I'll check out the gloss later down the road....way down the road. What is it cassia obavata?...I think that's what it's called. I'd like to try it at some point so I can get the conditioning benefits.

Anyway, I'm very excited. I hope I don't punk out on the decision and can truly go through with it. I'll definitely post pics.

Have a good evening!

-------

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6545
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum: