CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

+35
cyclingchick
Mom2KurlyT
poeticlyspkng
priceless
QuietButterfly
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
krazy coils
V'Tor
KnottyKinkyMommy
ktoliver5303
Nikcoils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
jcanalena79
NikG20
bholmes87
mochamoments
MellowOne
missmoriah
LaToya28
CocoEuro
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
Juices-n-Berries
NubieNatty
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
NhappyJackie
39 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Empty Re: NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd October 2010, 5:14 pm

As God embraces you and your family during your time of mental wellness, know there are others who are praying with and for you and your family. Our God is awesome and nothing is beyond His control. Continue to look to Him and allow Him to lead you. God bless you my sister in Christ.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Empty Re: NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

Post by Sebastain13 23rd October 2010, 5:27 pm

I have even thought of seeking help as well so NEVER be ashamed of getting help
With God all is possible so u contiue to pray 4 urself as well as the family & He makes a way out of no way jus continue to believe

God Bless & I will be praying 4 u & the family
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Empty NhappyJackie checking in for my 1 YEAR NAPPIVERSARY!!!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 15th November 2010, 7:17 pm

AAAHHHHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Yall it's been a minute since I posted....OMG!!!!!!!! But man O man did I have to come back and let yall in on my recent excitement of being fully natural for 1 year. I bc'ed after 12weeks of transitioning on November 14, 2009 and has it been a journey ever since. I am still loving my hair and more now than I ever have. I've made a couple youtube vids since I was last here, so I didn't leave the natural hair community totally. But I have not missed yall too much and here's why........I still check the forum about 3-4 times a week to see what's going on with you all. I just don't post because I don't want to feel obligated to come back and see what everyone had to say (yeah, I'm a little wierd).

UPDATES!!!!!!!

The family is doing great and God is definitely showing out right now. Granted we all are human and we all make mistakes, but when you acknowledge your mistakes, take responsibility for your actions, and make sure God gets the glory out of your situtation.....HE will surely make his presence known. When I tell you my house is better.....YALL....My house is BETTER cheers Amen!!!!!! And whoever said "black folks don't need therapy they just need God" obviously does not know how to use all of the resources that God has made available to them. Without knowing it, I have been suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I almost went Postal. With the help of 1. Prayer, 2. a Minister, 3. a Therapist, and 4. the love of my husband I am totally in my right mind, thinking clearly and making sure God is getting all of the Glory!!!!!!!! Can't no body tell me prayer don't change things because it has definitely changed things for me. Ok I'm done Very Happy

Now on to the hair!!!!!! It has grown yall!!!!! LOL!!!!!
I went from this on the day of my BC:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Bc10
To this 2 days ago. These are 3 week old mini twist:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Photo010
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Photo011
Today I am rocking a Twist out I did with my "imitation Miss Jessies Curly Pudding" and I am digging the definition. As the week goes on I plan to fluff it out more and more.
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Photo012
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Photo014
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Photo015
And if my face looks funny it's because I've gone from 223lbs (in May) to 194lbs (today). Of course I'm not done, but it feels good to see the progess. I've been eating whatever I want (just small amounts) drinking water, and exercising 4 days a week for 40 mins. Whenever I get discouraged I check out Lynnieluv and CyclingChick to get motivated.

For hair motivation I just look all over CurlyNikki.com and the forum because it is all over the place. Stay blessed ladies!!!! And like I said, I'm still here, I just don't post as much because then I get all wrapped up and consumed in reading and replying that an hour or more flies by and I'm supposed to be working...LOL!!!!!! I'll check back in with yall later.

NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 15th November 2010, 7:21 pm

Title change
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 8:33 pm

awwww NhappyJackie

It is so good to read that you and your family are doing fine!! God does answer prayers, and sweetie we've been praying for you.

Congratulations on making your 1 year natural anniversary, and I will keep up with your on YouTube!!!

Love the hair...it looks like your twists get bigger and better the older it gets!! AWESOME!!

Be Blessed..... I love you & ((hugs))
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2010, 8:42 pm

Congrats on hitting the year mark! Amen is what I will say to the house being better and that hair! You betta were it! Now tell me about this Miss Jessies?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th November 2010, 8:45 pm

Hey glad to see you, Amen to all you said.

Your hair is looking great, and congrats on the weight lost. I will definatly check out the you-tube when I get home. yeaaa for one year.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 15th November 2010, 9:31 pm

I am so happy for u & ur family God Bless
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th November 2010, 10:05 pm

Happy Anniversary Jackie and glad to see you back around here!! I totally co-sign on therapy, believe me a lot of people would be doing much better if they didn't see it as something to be ashamed of.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 16th November 2010, 12:11 pm

Thanks ladies!!!! Yall are such a wonderful group of people.

@ Sweet, here is the recipe for my "imitation Miss Jessies Curly Pudding". I got the idea from the Eco-Custard. At home I make my own hair moisturizer, but after seeing the Eco-Custard vid I tried mixing my moisturizer with the gel and see how my hair will react if I don't layer the products....and girl it worked just fine.

I copied and pasted this from my Fotki page:
My styling product is my own little concoction I like to call "Imitation Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding". First off, I am not disrespecting MJCP at all. I actually own a 16oz jar of it. But, I am not very fond of the way my hair feels when I use it. So i set out on a quest to receive the results for MJCP without the feeling it gives. Heregoes (measurents are approximate since I don't really measure)
4oz of EcoStyler clear gel
2oz of Coconut Oil
1oz of SheaButter
1tbsp of jojoba oil
1tbsp of sweet almond oil
1tbsp of castor oil
1tbsp of aloe vera gel
1tbsp of Giovanni Direct Leave-in (or your favorite leave-in)
1tsp of vegetable glycerin

I usually put them in the blender, coconut oil and sheabutter (blend), oils and conditioner (blend), then both gels (blend). It will make a MJCP consistency without the filmy/waxy feeling. I did notice that this mixture can give that filmy/waxy feeling if I add too much vegetable glycerin.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 16th November 2010, 12:33 pm

Nhappy Jackie; It is wonderful to hear how God has stepped in and healed your home. To be a witness of his majesty is a true blessing. Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations on your anniversary. Your hair looks great and it's encouraging to hear about your weight loss success.

Your receipe has giving me some ideas that I might try. Thank you again!
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th November 2010, 1:31 pm

::Praise break:: bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Jackie that is AWESOME!!! Praise God from whom all blessing flow!! You keep sharing your testimony.

You are so right about our community looking down on therapy. It's a shame. I have family members who need therapy but they will go to an early grave miserable before they even think about that. No

Happy Naturalversary!!! I have been checking out your videos!! Your hair looks great and has gotten so long. You are right on my heels in the length department.

Congratulations on your weightloss too!!! What is your goal weight?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th November 2010, 1:42 pm

Hi Jackie! Thanks for sharing your testimony. God is so so good...keep on giving Him the glory!Congrats on your one year anniversary and on your weight loss. You and your hair look beautiful! And thanks for that recipe!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 16th November 2010, 5:53 pm

Good to see you back!!! Congrats on all ur accomplishments. Praising God with you!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th November 2010, 6:36 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I have to try it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 16th November 2010, 7:33 pm

Congrats on everything! cheers

You are doing a great job with the weight loss. Smile Keep it up!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2010, 1:50 am

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Check out my CSJ thread!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 20th January 2011, 3:47 pm

Heeeeellllloooooo!!!!

Man I have not been ove here in a minute. Not much has changed but I did want to give yall an update. So my hair is still on the grow expecially after a much needed trim. My new found love is coconut oil and coconut milk as some of you may know. I've actually been doing most of my updates on Fotki and Youtube. My girls are doing great and so is my husband. Like Crissy Q's blog says....."Everything is Everything" with me. I miss yall so much but have been so busy lately that I can't keep up with what time it is. But that's okay, I get updated from my phone when I can't sleep at night LOL. Anywho...time for a pic and vid.

My most recent twist out:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Photo010
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 14 Photo011

I am currently doing a Winter Hair care Series on Youtube and here is my most recent and favorite video yet:
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th January 2011, 3:52 pm

OK I did not know you had a youtube channel! i am going to try and subscribe, like i told KNH she need to do a tutorial on how to do this. Your hair looks great! thanks for the shout out of the blog. woot!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14