CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

+35
cyclingchick
Mom2KurlyT
poeticlyspkng
priceless
QuietButterfly
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
krazy coils
V'Tor
KnottyKinkyMommy
ktoliver5303
Nikcoils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
jcanalena79
NikG20
bholmes87
mochamoments
MellowOne
missmoriah
LaToya28
CocoEuro
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
Juices-n-Berries
NubieNatty
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
NhappyJackie
39 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Empty Re: NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

Post by NhappyJackie 18th March 2010, 10:43 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there and welcome!

Please check out sparkpeople.com. I love it. There is a thread on it in the Health and Fitness section. So far, I have lost 9 pounds (joined January 27). They have a lot of great tools and if you use them, you will lose the weight and the inches. Hope you the best in your journeys.

Thanks, I've done sparkpeople before and found myself addicted to watching the numbers change on the calories page, exercise page, and the sparkpoints. But I did learn a ton of knowledge and lost about 30lbs in 3months just be eating healthy and exercising. So, my plan this time is to eat healthy and exercise. Is there a curly girl group on there? I would hate to be rocking my natural do's and sweat it out with no idea of how to replenish it.

RoseBud wrote:Hey momma how are you? glad you introduced me to this board, i love it. Your hair lookd great!!!!!!! As you can see I am starting over, o well. I will c u around.

Hey, things are good here. I am so happy you like this board, I'm practically addicted to it but don't tell anyone. Good to see you are starting over!!!! It only gets better from here.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Empty Re: NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

Post by NhappyJackie 18th March 2010, 10:50 am

Morning ladies. So far my twist are still holding up good. Hubby said they still look good so that makes me more confident in wearing them. Here's my plan on wearing them for two weeks. On Friday, day 6, I will go in sections and retwist all of my twist to get rid of the frizzies and there is a good bit of it. I'll keep it twisted until Wednesday. Then on Thursday and Friday of next week I'll be rocking a twist out. Friday night I will overnight DC and retwist or coil on Saturday morning. I am really going to try and keep my hair protected until my anniversary and then, I will take pics measuring growth and treat myself to my favorite style for one week. The lovely WashNgo puff. It's going to be even bigger by then I hope!!!!!!!

Last edited by NhappyJackie on 19th March 2010, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th March 2010, 11:28 am

Sounds like a good plan. Protective styling is always a good thing. Just keep your hair moisturized.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th March 2010, 11:28 am

Hi there, there is a group on sparkpeople dedicated to curly girls. I joined it. It is called Nappy Divas. As for replenishing, just add water, leave in/moisturizer/both and keep it moving NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Icon_wink .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 18th March 2010, 11:31 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there, there is a group on sparkpeople dedicated to curly girls. I joined it. It is called Nappy Divas. As for replenishing, just add water, leave in/moisturizer/both and keep it moving NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Icon_wink .

That sounds easy enough. Thanks!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 19th March 2010, 12:41 pm

RoseBud wrote:Hey momma how are you? glad you introduced me to this board, i love it. Your hair lookd great!!!!!!! As you can see I am starting over, o well. I will c u around.

I am happy to see you starting over. Everyone I know that has ever been natural as an adult, and decided to get a perm, has went back natural. So that says a lot. And you are very strong for doing it again.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 19th March 2010, 12:48 pm

Not much going on with me today. Tonight I will be eating BBQ with my dad, I love him so much and he is such a strong person. He is having a good day and said he wants us over for dinner, so I will be there.

As for my hair, tonight I do a quick co-wash, then retwist my twist using Cantu-Shea butter leave-in, an oil mix to seal, and aloe gel to hold. Last time I used a different leave-in because I like it better. It is light, smells good, give good definition, and doesn't shrink as much. But, my hair is frizzy. So, I wonder if I use the Cantu which gives a good bit of shrinkage would it help cut down on frizz. We'll see, I'll post pics monday.

With my healthy living, I am still eating good, but working out has not been successful. My plan, which started this week, was to work out on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and work myself up to more. Well, I didn't get home until 9:30 last night and was too tire to even think about working out. And I guess Saturday will be a bommer but I'll try. And I always think of Sunday as starting over.

For now, I am going to finish up some work.

TTYL.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Empty Dominica Blowouts

Post by NhappyJackie 19th March 2010, 6:51 pm

I am getting ready to leave work but was curious about Dominican Blowouts. So, I check out yotube and do a search.

This chicks hair was smoking!!! How in the world is this normal or healthy. The Dominican Salon's don't have to worry about seeing me. Although her hair was straight afterwards, I think it could've been done with a good pair of flat irons.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th March 2010, 8:47 am

Hi NhappyJackie~

I'm a little late...but welcome!! You are not late...most of us decided to continue with this forum after the challenge is over.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 1:11 pm

I work out 4 days a week and best style for working out for me is two strand twist. Whenever I work out with my hair out, I always end up with frizz and shrinkage.

Have you ever though about working out before work? I am so not a morning person and never ever thought I would do it but I go to the gym at 5am. I am a SAHM and working out in the evening is not an option for me because 1) I am so tired at the end of the day and 2) my hubby gets home at different times each day. So 5am was my only option if I wanted to stick with it.

Sorry for my misinformation about the end date of the challenge. I though it ended April 1st.

I've watched that Dominican Blowout video before and was like WTHeck?!! I wont be wearing my hair straight for a long time.

Protective styling helps you to retain length. I am in protective styles about 90% of the time.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd March 2010, 11:55 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I work out 4 days a week and best style for working out for me is two strand twist. Whenever I work out with my hair out, I always end up with frizz and shrinkage.

Have you ever though about working out before work? I am so not a morning person and never ever thought I would do it but I go to the gym at 5am. I am a SAHM and working out in the evening is not an option for me because 1) I am so tired at the end of the day and 2) my hubby gets home at different times each day. So 5am was my only option if I wanted to stick with it.

Sorry for my misinformation about the end date of the challenge. I though it ended April 1st.

I've watched that Dominican Blowout video before and was like WTHeck?!! I wont be wearing my hair straight for a long time.

Protective styling helps you to retain length. I am in protective styles about 90% of the time.

Lynnie I used to work out at 5am also and it was great, but I only had one kid, had to be at work at 8:30am and the drive to work was 15mins. What's different now? My 9month old still wakes 2/night to nurse, it takes me at leas 40mins to get to work, and I have to get up at 6am to get to work on-time. But believe me, I've thought about it. DH and I have agreed that when the kids go to bed (8pm) I will work out then he after me. It works because we have created a gym in the downstairs den. But sometimes it doesn't work so well because we get home late from church or my parent's house, or the baby screams her head off and we have to get her out of the crib and play and that can last until 9:30pm.

As for this week, no more excuses. I do have to go to church tonight and Wednesday night, so I'll be working out on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Hopefully my twist will hold up.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd March 2010, 12:04 pm

I didnt know the gym was downstairs. LOL!!

You have a plan, you just have to stick with it. You twist should hold up.

I cant wait until my twist are long enough to pin up into a style. They will definitely help with making them last longer.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd March 2010, 12:49 pm

Forgot to say.....GOOD MORNING ALL!!!
I redid my twist on Saturday morning and cut an hour in my time. So this time it only took 5hrs...YYYAAAYYYY!!!!. I'll be posting daily pics so I can remember when the frizz fest sets in.
This pic is of 6 day twist. It's a little fuzzy and that's why I redid them on the 7th day:

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Friday10
Day 1 heading to a Baby Shower:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Day_110
Day 2 going to church:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Day_210

Day 3 chilling at work....again:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Day_310
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd March 2010, 12:58 pm

Your twists look good. You have beautiful eyes.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd March 2010, 12:59 pm

Your twist are so cute!!! I kinda miss my hair being that length.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd March 2010, 1:01 pm

I like, I like NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Icon_razz
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd March 2010, 2:09 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Your twists look good. You have beautiful eyes.

Awwe, Thank you!!!!

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist are so cute!!! I kinda miss my hair being that length.

Lynnie I am just trying to follow in your footsteps to some bad twists (in a good way) and a "badder" twist out!!!!

RoseBud wrote:I like, I like NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Icon_razz

Thanks Yvette.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd March 2010, 2:24 pm

Its funny how you call me yvette, LOL. Its cool thats how i knew it was you fro BCC. I never go on there anymore, it is boring
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd March 2010, 3:56 pm

RoseBud wrote:Its funny how you call me yvette, LOL. Its cool thats how i knew it was you fro BCC. I never go on there anymore, it is boring

I was trying not to say that, But Thank God you said it for me. It's just not as stimulating as CN. And the knowledge to be gained here is in abundance.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd March 2010, 4:46 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:
RoseBud wrote:Its funny how you call me yvette, LOL. Its cool thats how i knew it was you fro BCC. I never go on there anymore, it is boring

I was trying not to say that, But Thank God you said it for me. It's just not as stimulating as CN. And the knowledge to be gained here is in abundance.

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Lol
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd March 2010, 4:54 pm

Well Well looky at those twist!! I love it!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd March 2010, 5:29 pm

Thanks sweet, I've been practicing NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th - Page 2 Icon_cool !!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd March 2010, 7:02 pm

Forgot to mention, this time when I twisted my hair I used sheaMoisture Leave-in as my leave-in. and for my styler, I used my sheamix and aloe vera gel. And I must say, it must be the aloe gel because my shine factor is rediculuous!!!!! I have never gotten so many compliments on my hair that I can remember. Until tomorrow, stay curly ladies.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 22nd March 2010, 7:08 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:I am getting ready to leave work but was curious about Dominican Blowouts. So, I check out yotube and do a search.

This chicks hair was smoking!!! How in the world is this normal or healthy. The Dominican Salon's don't have to worry about seeing me. Although her hair was straight afterwards, I think it could've been done with a good pair of flat irons.

Your hair is cute and your a very pretty lady!! I used to get Dominican Blowouts weekly!!! I used to be sitting in a cloud of smoke! LOL! Never again!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 23rd March 2010, 10:18 am

cocoeuro wrote:

Your hair is cute and your a very pretty lady!! I used to get Dominican Blowouts weekly!!! I used to be sitting in a cloud of smoke! LOL! Never again!!!

Awwe...Thanks Cocoeuro!! Even though I haven't posted, I've been lurking on your page looking at your creative styles. Did the Dominican Blowouts give you heat damage? Just wondering.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next