CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deeply_rooted_chick

+10
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
HAMPTONSFNST
hippychic
Lynnieluve
bholmes87
BlondeByDesire
deeply_rooted_chick
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Empty Re: deeply_rooted_chick

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th February 2010, 3:10 am

Welcome!

What do you plan to use for homemade hair spray/spritz/mix?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 28th February 2010, 1:16 pm

Hmmm well I know I want to make two. One centered around peppermint oil and the other lavender. I'll add to both water and hmmm I'm debating between conditioner and a thick base oil like jojoba. Have any suggestions on which is better?

Omg guys today was my first shower with the twist. I wore a shower cap because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to get them wet and by the end of my shower I felt sad. I miss the few minutes in the shower of getting my afro wet then picking it, or conditioning it! LOL I'll have to pull through tho for the rest of the week. I can't believe how much I really love that part of my morning.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st March 2010, 9:48 am

Hello DRC

I'm a little late, but welcome to the challenge.

I use that shea butter two weeks before I take my braids down. It softens the hair and my braids are very easy to take down. Never used to do twists...looks like it worked for you.

Good Job!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 1st March 2010, 10:54 am

Thank you! And I ever get braiding down I'll remember that.

Uhhhh so today is the day to go back to classes. Well Spring break isn't that far away. Too bad the weather isn't acting like it. My twist look very try today so I'm putting olive oil on them. If this don't work out I'll use my shea butter and apply it on my scalp and twist. Oh and last nigh a friend of mine who is natural asked me to dye her hair red for her. She is very happy with the job I did therefore I'm glad. (Just think of it if I messed up, what bad hair karma I would have brought on myself! deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_evil ) Well I dyed my mother and friend's hair plenty of times with drastic colors so I wasn't nervous. For me personally I won't color for a few years. I'm focusing on strengthening my hair (plus dying my hair is what made me lose it in the first place!). LOL and I don't know what color I would do. Who knows maybe that will be a question for you guys in the future. deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Well have a beautiful Monday you natural beauties!
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 1st March 2010, 12:26 pm

I love the water hitting my head too... so when I wear my twists, mid week I'll co-wash them, then seal the moisture from the water in with shea butter and olive oil.... It helps with dryness and curl definition (for me anyway).....

Maybe you could try that next time!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 1st March 2010, 2:17 pm

Thank you I will! I was scared if the conditioner and water will make them untwist.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 2nd March 2010, 10:52 am

Hmm so I co-washed this morning with my twisties and I'm happy! Now I know for sure that my hair isn't trying up and it's still protected. Only one twist came out I think and it was at the nape of my neck (the curliest part on my head anyways). So now I'm over my fear. I'm not sure if using hot water was the smartest while doing it tho, but I love hot showers. Other than that....

I know my hair isn't that long to be thinking about it but my friend says I should really try Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Idk I'm very hesitant in try anything like that cuz I feel like the point of using those type of products is to make your hair look like another hair type, and overall isn't that what relaxers are used for too. I know Kinky Curly isn't suppose to have any harmful chemicals, but I'm scared that if I start using it I'll like that kind of hair better than my natural texture (and I love my afro days). Idk am I over thinking this ladies or do I have any validity in my thoughts?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2010, 2:20 pm

I think you are over thinking it. KCCC will only enhance what you already have. KCCC will not make my "4" hair type look like "3" hair type.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 5th March 2010, 11:28 am

]deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Img_0414[/url]

Lynnieluve wrote:I think you are over thinking it. KCCC will only enhance what you already have. KCCC will not make my "4" hair type look like "3" hair type.
Thank you for your opinion. In a few months I may try it then.

Today I'm in love with my hair! Happy four month anniversary for my hair! I took out my twist and ta-da! I took them out with oilve oil on my fingers. The only complaint I have is that they feel dry. Any suggestions?

Oh P.S. sorry my pics are always to the side. I took them straight from my phone and on anything else my pics stand straight up. I have no clue why it does this.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 5th March 2010, 4:10 pm

That picture is beautiful!!! Your hair is looking great Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 6th March 2010, 11:24 am

Thank you I'm sooooo happy wit it. Yesterday was a rough day for my hair tho. Yesterday I waited outside in the windy, cold air for an hour for my bus home! Part of the thing that made me irritated is that I knew my hair was drying up, and my scalp became irritated. The minute I walked into the door last night I emptied my old braid spray bottle and filled it with water and conditioner. Ta-da! My hair stopped crying for help and I ready for a date. Today my mission is to find ingredients for my hair spray. Wish me luck!

Have a good day everyone!
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th March 2010, 1:29 pm

congrats on the milestone!! Time flies when you are loving yourself!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 6th March 2010, 1:57 pm

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:Hmm so I co-washed this morning with my twisties and I'm happy! Now I know for sure that my hair isn't trying up and it's still protected. Only one twist came out I think and it was at the nape of my neck (the curliest part on my head anyways). So now I'm over my fear. I'm not sure if using hot water was the smartest while doing it tho, but I love hot showers. Other than that....

I know my hair isn't that long to be thinking about it but my friend says I should really try Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Idk I'm very hesitant in try anything like that cuz I feel like the point of using those type of products is to make your hair look like another hair type, and overall isn't that what relaxers are used for too. I know Kinky Curly isn't suppose to have any harmful chemicals, but I'm scared that if I start using it I'll like that kind of hair better than my natural texture (and I love my afro days). Idk am I over thinking this ladies or do I have any validity in my thoughts?

I understand what you mean, but you are worried for nothing.

No product, and I mean NO PRODUCT, will give you curls if you don't already have a curl pattern. You see that happening on YouTube all the time. Naturals cussing out this or that product because they didn't have curls or definition with it, but what they don't understand is that unless you already have a curl pattern, it will not work. Products can only accentuate what is already there, not pull it out of thin air. So no, you don't have to worry about that. Like Lynnieluv said, KCCC and for that matter no other product is going to make type 4 hair appear to be type 3. But I understand why you were concerned.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th March 2010, 7:28 pm

That twist out is super cute sis. When my hair is feeling a bit more dry than normal a deep conditioning always helps!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 6th March 2010, 11:09 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:That twist out is super cute sis. When my hair is feeling a bit more dry than normal a deep conditioning always helps!

Am I able to do a deep condition with a twist out or will it turn back to an afro? lol I'm scared.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 6th March 2010, 11:12 pm

blondie wrote:
deeply_rooted_chick wrote:Hmm so I co-washed this morning with my twisties and I'm happy! Now I know for sure that my hair isn't trying up and it's still protected. Only one twist came out I think and it was at the nape of my neck (the curliest part on my head anyways). So now I'm over my fear. I'm not sure if using hot water was the smartest while doing it tho, but I love hot showers. Other than that....

I understand what you mean, but you are worried for nothing.

No product, and I mean NO PRODUCT, will give you curls if you don't already have a curl pattern. You see that happening on YouTube all the time. Naturals cussing out this or that product because they didn't have curls or definition with it, but what they don't understand is that unless you already have a curl pattern, it will not work. Products can only accentuate what is already there, not pull it out of thin air. So no, you don't have to worry about that. Like Lynnieluv said, KCCC and for that matter no other product is going to make type 4 hair appear to be type 3. But I understand why you were concerned.

Thank you for that. Yea I never thought of it as accentuating what I have. I just watched from friend put it in and saw dramatic results. I havent classified what specific hair type I have maybe doing it I can find out....
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 7th March 2010, 12:53 pm

[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/butters-n-bars-miss-naturally-beautiful-you-2010-challenge-f14/deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Img_0415[/img]
I got over my fear and cowashed today. I went to the grocery store and went to the organic section to find oils for my hair spray. Sadly I only found vitamn E oil so instead I bought Jason Natural Lavendar Conditioner which has all organic products and some of the ingrediants I was looking for: Lavendar, Jojoba, Vitamn E, and Chamomile to name some. I cowashed with this conditioner, but I plan to put it in a spray bottle and mix with water in the future. I love the smell of it and my soft curls held in nicely.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 10th March 2010, 10:37 pm

After cowashing everyday for the past three days my hair is back to it's healthy moisture so I'm happy. deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_lol I'm doing twist again soon and I will cowash more often than I did before. Hopefully it'll work out better this time.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th March 2010, 12:46 am

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:After cowashing everyday for the past three days my hair is back to it's healthy moisture so I'm happy. deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_lol I'm doing twist again soon and I will cowash more often than I did before. Hopefully it'll work out better this time.
deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_bounce
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th March 2010, 12:55 am

deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 678474 for healthy moisturized hair!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 12th March 2010, 3:36 pm

lol yes it makes me jumping for joy too. Yesterday I couldn't help but walking to a Sally's and buy something. deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_mad Shame on me. Oh well I bought ecostyler and put it in. It made my hair hard which I didn't like, but I'm not going to knock it yet! My friends said my hair looked darker. Maybe its cuz my curls were so tight together. When my hair gets longer to where my curls hang I will use it again. Other than not much. Did u guys watch Nikkimae on Ustream last night? I love her! And I can't wait to wear that style she had last night.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th March 2010, 4:19 pm

^^^^try using Vegetable glycerine or oil under it. It should soften it up. Or u can make a eco custard.
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/butters-n-bars-miss-naturally-beautiful-you-2010-challenge-f14/sheetacular_napps-t468-150.htm

Let me know what you think.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 16th March 2010, 2:31 pm

Ok today I can't help but post! It's not much about my hair but more about the weather!!!! I'm on the upper east coast so it's really big for me that the sun is out and I dont see bulky winter jackets today! I'm usually not the type to keep touching my hair either but when I touched it today it was still nice and moisturized from my cowash this morning! This makes me just hat much more excited for summer to come along. Nice moisturized hair 24/7 please!

Oh and Shee I will use that trick next time. I have mostly been waiting to use it because I left my oil at school and I was on break but I'm back now! I'm thinking I'll experiment tomorrow morning and post my results. Talk to you girls later. deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th March 2010, 11:20 pm

It has been gorgeous on the East. WnGs here we come. No one will be able to stop the power of the curls with the moisture in the air. deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 617583
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 17th March 2010, 1:57 pm

LOL exactly! So call me Ms. Indecisive but I have been all over wit my plans for my hair. Well last night I jsut started twisting and couldn't stop. I'm determined to leave my twist in as long as a can. I'm trying to retain length. I have a dinner this Sunday and I think shine and a cute hair clip will dress up my twist. Other than that I'm trying to keep my fingers out of my hair. It's so hard tho this weather makes me just want to reach for it. deeply_rooted_chick - Page 2 Icon_cheers
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum