CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SisterBoyd

+29
cyclingchick
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
blondie
poeticlyspkng
GodsNaturalBeauti
curlygirlinastraightworld
MellowOne
LaToya28
NubieNatty
bholmes87
TerraD
LuvBnNatural
Juices-n-Berries
HumanNature
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
Keisha
ChrsLvsBks
TheRYL1
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
NylaCoils
savvybrown
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
SisterBoyd
33 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

SisterBoyd - Page 18 Empty Re: SisterBoyd

Post by SisterBoyd 9th January 2011, 6:48 pm

Hey ladies!

I'm currently in some twists - so not cute! This time I did them pretty big (don't know how many I have). I'm tired of being stuck in the house so they'll probably come out today.

I think I did too much socializing for the New Year because I'm so tired and I can't remember when I did my hair hahahaha!!!!

I can remember what I did Wink I cowashed with VO5 and conditioned with TJ's Citrus Conditioner, Shea Moisture Black Soap Conditioner (mainly on my scalp) and I rinsed by filling an almost empty AO HSR bottle (remember I'm anal about getting all of the product out of those expensive products). I was tired so I didn't style by sections. I slathered on QB new ghee conditioner (I can't remember its name hahaha), QB heavy cream, and sealed with my oil blend. After 4-6 hours I used the heavy cream to twist. I ran the oil blend down the length of my hair. I haven't moisturized or sealed since I did the twists and they still feel really good. I'll make sure I do it today.

I will say that the twists in the back (bigger ones) look nice juicy and fat Wink I can see the results of my thinner section on top, but that's has a lot to do with that hair is like a 2c or 3a (I think).

*looking at Sweet* If I can remember and have the energy I'll take some pictures today Wink

Ok I need to pull this tired thing together. The BF org. is in full gear. We're planning another nursing meeting up in the 1st quarter, a workshop to inform churches on the importance of breastfeeding in April, and if we get the funding we'll be holding a training for physicans on the importance of supporting AA families to breastfeed at the end of the year...AND all of the other administrative and fundraising requirements. Oh yeah and I'm in full recruitment mode for new board members Wink Yeah I don't have time to be tired hahahaha

*HUGS* Have a great Sunday!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 9th January 2011, 6:54 pm

Oh yeah I want to say that the new QB Conditioning Ghee is wonderful...but the smell is not so wonderful! I love the fact that its really moisturizing for what I'm using it for - a moisturizer. I haven't used it as a DC yet. MakeupVixen did a review on YT and she didn't like it at all mainly because of the smell. I will say that the smell does stay with me even after I seal with my oil blend and its strong. I sealed one time with coconut oil and the ghee smell came through the coconut oil. I can't say that I 'stinked' but it isn't a smell I want to be remembered by.

At this point I will buy it again only during the special days with the discount. I realized the other day that I get the same results as using the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. So these 3 (conditioning ghee, heavy cream, and masque) will be my stable moisturizers.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 13th January 2011, 3:42 am

Hey lovelies!

Well my twist out wasn't to my liking to its been in a bun for the past few days. I'll try to cowash it tomorrow.

Nightie nite *HUGS*
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th January 2011, 10:47 am

Morning SisterBoyd - I went to SuperTarget specifically to get that mask you speak of and they were out of stock. I only got the smoothie thing.

Have a blessed day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 13th January 2011, 1:28 pm

I have the curling smoothie, but I use it as a conditioner. I haven't been able to use it as style without it drying my hair out. I believe someone said it has a lot of protein on it. I may give it another try today. Now the masque, I've heard a lot good reviews.

SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd February 2011, 1:07 pm

Hey Sister Boyd!! I hope you year is going well!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 25th February 2011, 11:28 pm

Thank Shee!

I know I've been away for a minute. In hair news its time to cellophane...its been time to cellophane and clarify, but a girl just doesn't feel like it ;( Don't ask me why...lazy I guess.

I'm growing and still super curly. I think I'm at a period of being bored with my hair. Also, my PJism is being starved...I haven't bought any fun stuff in forever! hahahahaha!!!!

In meet up news I'm coordinating a meet up on Saturday, March 19th in Burbank for the LA Curlies and our special guest Nyla!!!!!! Yaaayyyy!!!!

Ok I'll be back in a few...
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 16th March 2011, 5:55 pm

Hey!!!!!

No, I haven't cellophaned nor have I seriously clarified. I used some of my new powders a few weeks ago; alma and Bhringraj powders with some honey, water and I think ACV. I really didn't see any difference in my hair. For a minute I thought it covered my gray but it didn't. And seeing I haven't felt like doing my cellophane the LA Curlies are going to see my gray hahahaha!!!!

Oh I forgot to tell you what I ordered...I got Smile

Bhringraj Powder
Kapur Kachri Powder
Dabur Vatika Hair Oil
Fenugreek Seed Powder
Hibiscus Petal Powder
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Amla Powder
Rose Petal Powder
Orange Peel Powder
Tulsi Powder
Manjistha Powder
Jamaican Coconut Black Castor Oil

Well I'm just popping in to check on everyone and say HI!!!! I'll be back soon *HUGS*
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th March 2011, 7:06 pm

Hugs
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd March 2011, 2:47 pm

Hey sister boyd. I'm digging your list of goodies.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd March 2011, 2:55 pm

Hi SisBoyd ...

you sure did stock up ... Very Happy
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 23rd March 2011, 11:46 pm

hahahaha!!! Now I need to learn how to use this stuff Wink

I had a wonderful time at the LA Curly Girl Meet Up this weekend! And I simply love NylaCoils! My play cousin! I miss her already...come back Nyla!!!!! We had beautiful gift bags with wonderful samples from popular vendors. There was a lot of great conversation. And the curls were popping and flowing all over the place.

I'll be working on the video detailing our wonderful event. I’ll make sure to detail which vendors supported the LA Curlies with samples. Hopefully the ladies will share the pictures they took and I can finish the video next week. Of course I will share it with the lovelies on CN!

Hair news - I went so long doing my hair that I thought I had lost half of it when I finally did it hahahahaha!!!! The amount of shed hair was horrible! And just think I detangled midway through my cowashing drought. I finally cowashed and conditioned yesterday. Nothing new. VO5 cowash, mixed TJs Citrus Conditioner and Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner to condition. Detangled with my tangle teaser both times. To style I used my leave in, QB heavy cream, Tresseme Naturals conditioner, FLS, and sealed with Vitaki oil.

Oh I've been pineappling for the past few weeks. My hair is too long for my new bonnet and my old one is just raggedy. It’s juicey and great for moisturizing, but it’s just old! Now I have enough length that I can pull all of my hair on top of my head. I wear a satin scarf that usually doesn't stay on. At least I feel a bit cuter this way Wink Now I need to invest in a few more satin pillowcases.

Soon to return *HUGS*
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th March 2011, 1:03 am

I'm belong to a group on FB and I went in this after to check the goings on and this is what I saw when I entered...

For those of you addicted to the 'creamy' crack, which one do you use?

*sticking tongue out to Lydia* LOL

Now why are they referring to me AND sticking out their tongue at me? hahahaha!!!!

I got a good chuckle out this...they talk about 'creamy crack' and think of me! Mind you I have never used the word 'creamy crack' in this group. Now they know that I'm natural and I'm always very helpful whether someone is going natural or just wants healthy hair tips. Hilarious!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum