CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SisterBoyd

+29
cyclingchick
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
blondie
poeticlyspkng
GodsNaturalBeauti
curlygirlinastraightworld
MellowOne
LaToya28
NubieNatty
bholmes87
TerraD
LuvBnNatural
Juices-n-Berries
HumanNature
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
Keisha
ChrsLvsBks
TheRYL1
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
NylaCoils
savvybrown
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
SisterBoyd
33 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

SisterBoyd - Page 2 Empty Re: SisterBoyd

Post by SisterBoyd 25th January 2010, 12:35 am

Ok I finally got in the shower; I've had such a lazy day. Then, I discovered Cafe World on Facebook...not good at all! And now I need to get up from the computer and get something for dinner. Looks like its going to be Panda Express tonight because I'm not cooking...

I cowashed with the rest of my HE Tousled Me Lightly that I fixed and then with Suave Coconut conditioner. I was pleased with the Suave. My hair smelled great and was soft. It didn't have that hard dry feel to it. It detanlged well and my hair was soft even after I got out of the shower and started styling.

I noticed that I didn't have a lot of shedding, but I'm not sure if that was due to the conditioner or the fact that I just did my hair last Thursday or the oil that I've been using to seal my ends with.

I used my mixture of aloe and glycerin under HE Hello Hydration and I sealed my ends and oiled my scalp with olive oil, a few drops of neem, and JBCO and regular castor oil. Actually, that oil mixture is the same mix I use for my oil cleaning method for my face.

This time I tried to make sure I got the oil on all of my troubled areas. I think I'll have to seal my ends and troubled areas again tomorrow. My oil mixture is wonderful! I'm noticing that this is helping with the tangles and knots. Also, my hair seems much thicker. When I was showering I couldn't grab all of my hair in my hand! That means its gotten a lot thicker. There was a time when my hair was so thin I could grab it all in one hand between my index finger and thumb and still had space. So I'm excited! SisterBoyd - Page 2 678474
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 25th January 2010, 11:37 pm

Happy Monday!
I was right I had to add a touch more oil to my ends after I spritz this morning. Since we are in-between storms here in LA I wanted to make sure my hair wouldn't feel the effects of the drop in temperature. Right now my hair feels really good and it isn't greasy to touch. My hair is shiny and my curls are plentiful. I fluffed, applied Eco to my edges and places a clip in the front because my shortest part wasn't falling to my liking. And of course, this is the day where I experience the most shrinkage ha haha

I pulled my hair this morning and I saw that my hair reaches about 2-3 inches past my collar bone. Not bad at all SisterBoyd - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th January 2010, 12:10 am

Since I'm a fan of the Conditioner Only Method (www.tightlycurly.com) I wanted to share my thoughts on the conditioners that I use.

Note...I use my mixture of glycerin and aloe under all of the conditioners listed below.

Aussie Moist (big bottle): My least favorite. I can't say that I was really impressed with this one. It is heavy enough to give me hold for about 4-6 days. I will continue to use it, but depending on my ability to tweak it to make me and my curls happy will determine if I buy it again. The first time I used it I couldn't get the pump to work correctly so I think I used too much. The second time I was going through a dry period. So I won't wipe it off of my list just yet.

Herbal Essense Hello Hydration: Gave me a light hold with moderate shine. I love this for a more controlled big hair look. It lasted 4-5 days with wearing my satin bonnet at night and taking care to spritz as needed.

Organix Coconut Milk: I tried this one before I tried the Shea Butter version and I thought this was the business! Moisturized and soft hair with a light hold. I experienced a lot of shrinkage, but my curls were well defined and soft.

Organix Shea Butter: This the best of conditioner and shea butter! It gave me super soft hair with a little weight so I didn't have super big hair until I pulled it out and fluffed quite a bit. The moisture was awesome! I have this picture: SisterBoyd - Page 2 Copy_o10 This was taken this October.

Tresseme Moisturing Curls: Now this has been my favorite COM conditioner. Its heavy enough to give me well defined, soft and moisturized curls without frizz and fly-a-ways. When mixed with my leave-in mixture I have super shiny curls that last a full week with the proper maintenance. This is what it looked like the day of:SisterBoyd - Page 2 4287_112 This was taken in May.

I wanted to try Aubery Organics, but Terri took. I wonder why??? But at this point I think I have a good selection that I really don't need to add anymore to my list. I was considering RenPure, but I saw a review where it broke someone out so I'm not in a hurry to try it.

Ok ladies...Happy Monday Evening SisterBoyd - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 5:13 am

Your hair is beautiful! SisterBoyd - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th January 2010, 9:26 am

Hello SisterBoyd~

I enjoyed reading you story! Have you heard of Curly Magic? It's made by Uncle Funky Daughter. From the looks of your hair texture you might like the results.

Welcome to the challenge!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th January 2010, 10:41 am

Your hair looks great.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th January 2010, 12:58 pm

Thank you ladies!

I've heard of Uncle Junky Daughter line, but I haven't tried it.

MahongonyCurls, you are doing big and wonderful things!

Last night I spritz'd my hair and sealed with olive oil and castor oil and slept in my satin bonnet. This morning my hair is really soft with well defined curls. Right now I'm a bit scared of not sealing my ends, but I need hold off because I'm starting to get a bit greasy on my ends. If I run my fingers through my hair my hands will be a little shiny...definitely don't want the jerri curl effect ha haha

Well, it looks like I'm thoroughly in love with Castor Oil and JBCO. Since using it I can say that I've seen an improvement in my hair thickness, moisture, less knots/tangles, my skin is dewy and I'm experiencing less breakouts during those special times of the month.

Does anyone oil their scalp with castor oil or JBCO?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 26th January 2010, 4:08 pm

Welcome SisterBoyd! SisterBoyd - Page 2 Icon_flower

I had a very loooong and hot affair with my flat iron. I have not used it since November but I don't think I can throw it away. I will use less heat when I do decide to have that straight look. But right now It's packed away.

So I would have never guessed that you have been press free for only two years. Your curls are so beautiful, I really thought you pretty much donned those curls all your life. I'm glad you joined because I really want to learn some of what you do. I'll be folllowing your thread.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th January 2010, 5:04 pm

Thank you HumanNature! You're so sweet Wink Yes, press, flat iron, even blown dried free for almost 2 years. I've thought about it, even planned to press my hair out for special occassions, but when the time rolled around I just couldn't do it. Then, when I watch those videos where they've had heat damage scares the mess out of me! What's funny is I refuge to get rid of my stove, irons, or pressing combs. My friend asked me for my stove and I laughed at her. I really can't part with it since I bought it when I was in cosmetology school.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 8:52 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:Well, it looks like I'm thoroughly in love with Castor Oil and JBCO. Since using it I can say that I've seen an improvement in my hair thickness, moisture, less knots/tangles, my skin is dewy and I'm experiencing less breakouts during those special times of the month.

Does anyone oil their scalp with castor oil or JBCO?
I use castor oil on my scalp. I have mixed it with EOs of peppermint, lavender and tea tree. Does the neem you have stink? How do you get past the smell if it does? I would love to add it to my oil for the OCM but don't think I could stomach it. I am experiencing fewer blemishes as well even during that time of the month. OCM is the business for me.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 9:01 pm

I want to try JBCO
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th January 2010, 10:59 pm

Chrs, the neem oil does stink...BADLY! So I only had a few drops to my mixture. It seems really strong so I really don't think you need a lot. My OCM bottle is an 8 oz I think and I add maybe 2-4 drops.

Lynn, I think you'll like it if you try it.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th January 2010, 11:00 pm

JBCO is really thick and the smell isn't strong so its great for sealing ends. I got mine from Sam's and the bottle wasn't as big as I thought it would be so that's why i mix it with regular castor oil. My friend and I are considering splitting a case for $88 because we love it just that much. ha ha ha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 27th January 2010, 11:25 pm

Happy Hump Day Ladies!

Today was my cleaning day - as much as I could get down when I wasn't goofying off Wink

Today, I was having yet another love affair with my hair and curls. I was supposed to wash it, but decided not to - lazy and busy. Instead of showering with a shower cap I just pinned it up and allowed it to get damp in the shower. The plan was to wear a ponytail after spritzing it, but I went with a clamp/clip on top and the rest hanging. Hang???? my hair does't really hang does it? Not with these curls ha ha ha

I didn't need to add any oil or anything for moisture outside of the spritz. At first I thought my hair was a bit dry, but it wasn't wet or oily. I really didn't understand what dry was this week! I've known when it was dry before and it really was dry. However, now that I've been sealing with oil I guess I was looking for the wet feeling all of the time and hadn't taken the time to know the difference. Duh me! Its actually very soft and the complete opposite of twiggy feeling.

Well with all of this feeling and looking at my hair is where the warm fuzzies for my hair began today. I was feeling the thickness and was just so happy. And then I started looking at my curls...man they are so incredibly cute! If I didn't have stuff to do today I promise you I would still be in the mirror playing in my hair. Ok am I the only one who likes to feel the coil from your scalp all the way to the end? Ok if I am I will stand alone and say that I have a deep love affair with my curls! Oh and I get really excited when I run my finger down the shaft and the ends aren't dry and feel like a twig, but smooth as silk! Yes, I know I'm officially feeling up my hair Wink But man, if you knew what I've gone through to get to this point you would surely understand. If I could hug it I would!

I was thinking about trying to do cornrows or flat twists in the front, but I have a meeting tomorrow so I'll probably just go with a puff or big, wild hair. I know I'm going to have some control if the meeting starts to bore me because I will get like a kid and amuse myself with my curls SisterBoyd - Page 2 Icon_smile
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th January 2010, 11:28 pm

I know that hand in hair disease is tough!! SisterBoyd - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 1:19 am

Loved reading today's post SisterBoyd - Page 2 Icon_lol ! You put a smile on my face, thank you.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th January 2010, 3:15 am

I knew I should have washed my hair the yesterday *sigh* Its amazing how easily that my hair can get tangled. My hair was extra cute today. Fluffy, curly, soft Wink I let my hair get damp in the shower and then spritz'd it more before adding some Eco Styler to my edges and some olive oil and castor oil to my ends. I added 3 small clips in the front of my head. This has become my go to style.

Well by the time I came home from my meeting I found about 3-4 knots. I had to pull out the olive and castor oil mixture to moisten and pulled each strand. This has made the process of detangling these lil buggers a lot easier...but I sure didn't want to do it.

I doubt that I'll be on time tomorrow so I think I'll do some sort of ponytail or updo.

...but my hair was still cute ;p
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 29th January 2010, 6:17 am

"My friend asked for my stove and I laughed at her"...had me laughing. LOL

Looking forward to more.
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th January 2010, 12:42 pm

Good morning Ladies, Happy Friday!

...ok going to work these curls into this ponytail Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 30th January 2010, 2:09 pm

Ok send happy and successful thoughts my way. I'm going to try some flat twist or cornrows in the front and bantu knots in the back. I'm planning on leaving the front as part of my style and take out the bantu knots once they're set.

I'm thinking of mixing the last of my Qhemet Heavy Cream with castor and olive oils and some loc and twist gel. We'll see how it works. I've never successfully braided/twisted my hair to the point I could wear it out.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th January 2010, 2:18 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I want to try JBCO

I'm a little late, but what's JBCO?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th January 2010, 2:19 pm

Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 30th January 2010, 2:19 pm

JBCO=Jamiacan Black Castor Oil
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th January 2010, 4:06 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Jamaican Black Castor Oil

SisterBoyd wrote:JBCO=Jamiacan Black Castor Oil

What's the difference between that and regular?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th January 2010, 4:13 pm

I dont know the difference. I've never used either one of them.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum