CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete newbie for sure!

3 posters

Go down

Complete newbie for sure! Empty Complete newbie for sure!

Post by Tash.ie 18th February 2011, 7:03 am

I recently decided to transition to natural hair. It has been 5 months since my last relaxer and I currently have my hair in box braids in. I have no clue on what to do next, I don't know how to treat my hair or what style I should get while I'm transitioning. I am completely lost and I know I do not want to BC any time soon.
Tash.ie
Tash.ie

Back to top Go down

Complete newbie for sure! Empty Re: Complete newbie for sure!

Post by tashacu02 18th February 2011, 10:41 am

Welcome,

I'm 5 months post as well!! As far as treating your hair, it will be based on trial and error to see what works for your hair. Currently, I shampoo and deep condition my hair twice a month and cowash my hair about twice a week. I am a total product junkie so I have tried and tested a ton of stuff, but what I do love is Aussie moist conditioner for my cowashes and I use my version of kimmaytube leave in conditioner. I usually wear my hair is braid outs, flat double twist outs and today I tried a flexi rod set for the first time and I love it. I'm trying to transition for a least a year so I try different things and different hairstyles. Good luck and happy growing Smile
tashacu02
tashacu02

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 18th February 2011, 11:00 am

For styles check you tube so you can learn how to do the different styles that tashacu02 mentioned.. It is a lot of trial and error to find what works.. As for me when I 1st started I just continuted do what I did when I was relaxed and when I got further into my transition things changed.. I started using conditioner to wash my hair more and shampoo less and less right now I only use shampoo to clarify my hair..

The kimmaytube leave in conditioner can also be found on you tube.

Good Luck
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash.ie 22nd March 2011, 4:00 pm

tashacu02 wrote:Welcome,

I'm 5 months post as well!! As far as treating your hair, it will be based on trial and error to see what works for your hair. Currently, I shampoo and deep condition my hair twice a month and cowash my hair about twice a week. I am a total product junkie so I have tried and tested a ton of stuff, but what I do love is Aussie moist conditioner for my cowashes and I use my version of kimmaytube leave in conditioner. I usually wear my hair is braid outs, flat double twist outs and today I tried a flexi rod set for the first time and I love it. I'm trying to transition for a least a year so I try different things and different hairstyles. Good luck and happy growing Smile
Thank you sorry for the late reply, I took out braids two weeks ago and did a regular wash. Sunday, I did my my first co-wash. I tried a twist out ... didnt turn out to well. lol
Tash.ie
Tash.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down