CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Split Sun

4 posters

Go down

Split Sun Empty Split Sun

Post by splitsun 7th December 2009, 2:46 pm

I'm doing it again. This blog that is. I'm starting anew and will make it to the end of this week by simply making this into my hair journal.

Today I bought Cantu's Shea Butter Leave In conditioner which I am going to use today after I wash my hair to do my first bantu knots. My hair is like a sponge and needs constant moisture and reassurance so that it doesn't fall apart in tears. I have my hair wrap and I am prepared for today's hair adventure.

I also found someone's hair i adore. I was astounded by how wonderful she carried her natural hair. A black musical artiste with natural hair and interesting fashion sense. I love.

Shingai Shoniwa is now on my list of persons I adore. Her band, The Noisettes, is soulful, popful, and talent-full.

Split Sun 189ede0bbf6673ea_an.preview
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Split Sun Empty Re: Split Sun

Post by Kea::curls 7th December 2009, 3:53 pm

Hi Split!

Her fro is awesome...i think i'll check out her music Smile I'm excited to see how your bantu knots turn out. Please post pics!
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 8th December 2009, 12:25 pm

Split Sun Dsc03310

^ This was my first bantu knot attempt. I decided to give it a try based on the suggestion of Curly Nikki forum poster (can't remember who but thank you!)

I took the knots out after I woke up from a six hour sleep. It looked so pretty I was almost skipping around my room in joy. Two knots were still a bit too wet to curl properly and I ended up taking a curling iron to it (who told me to do that brainiac), of course that small portion came out straight and totally clashed with my curly waves. *notice the wild eyed hint of excitement! (oh yeah)

There is a look at the renegade hair:

Split Sun Dsc03311

So how did I salvaged semi-straight hair and curly fury. Why booby pins of course. I put on a head band, took the sides and rolled them in and pinned them and let the back flow free.

The final look:

Split Sun Dsc03315

Last edited by splitsun on 8th December 2009, 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 8th December 2009, 12:35 pm

Hey Kea, I did the bantu and it was a success. I had such a wonderful day!
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 8th December 2009, 12:48 pm

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner gets an A+ from me.

It worked great with my hair and even when I got home from work, my hair was still soft and easy to the touch. I was most pleased by the smell and feel of this product as i dislike sticky, residual residue on my hands after I have applied something to my hair.

My hair was shiny and well moisturized throughout the time I was not at home and I think I am will continue to use this product for some time Very Happy
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 9th December 2009, 11:11 pm

Quick daily update: on third day bantu knots and loving it. Currently wearing my first curly fro Very Happy off to work.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 10th December 2009, 1:58 pm

i think your bantu knots turned out great! &&& your hair looks so shiny Smile
did you only use the cantu? or is there another moisturizer underneath/on top of it...? I have a jar at home that i have been avoiding like the plague (after one "crunchy" experience). lol. I'm thinking about trying it again though, with the advice i received about putting oil on my ends to seal them after the Cantu.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 11th December 2009, 12:37 pm

Thanks Kea!

I only used the Cantu because from what I've read from other posters, it seems to react negatively (white clumps, etc) with other products. That seemed to do the trick for me. I say try it again with the oil as suggested and see how that turns out Smile
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 12:53 am

love the bantu knots...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 20th December 2009, 4:53 am

I'm glad you liked the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner. This is on my wish list, I'll have to give it a try. Your bantu knot out results are Great! I like the headband with the back flowing. Very pretty Split Sun Icon_wink .
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down