CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th January 2011, 2:52 am

NubieNatty wrote:sweeeet Rolling Eyes u need to stop it cuz u see these pretty brown girls round here rockin bright bold colors...NO EXCUSES!! although i do like how subtle ur color is...still...if knh can rock some pink friday on her soup coolers u can pack on the shadow!!

umm...PS u are not in their same color group silent and dnt blame it on the flash of the camera!

ok thanx femme...so basically i'd use the green to cover or hide my pimples n stuff??? and oooh we on the same page cuz i been eyeballin that NARS laguna but i wasnt quite sure. i seen it in the set; the highlightin and bronzin duo set (sephora $40) but i wasnt sure how to use bronzer which brings me to ANOTHER QUESTION:

can u use bronzer in the winter time and how do u use it? like where do u apply it?

You know you are crazy right....and I just bought some more pick lipstick!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th January 2011, 3:05 am

Hey Nyla, Sweet, and Chrs

Thanks so much for the love. Chrs...I've always looked and admired ladies that wore their make-up well. I really want to thank you for starting this thread, and I'm glad I finally made it over here.

Sweet....girl this one is for you. I tried to wear yellow today. Laughing I didn't use my NYX white pencil cause I didn't want anything to dramatic for work, but you really can't see the yellow, but it turned out kinda okay...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So even though I was able to get by with this look; my question is how do you make vibrant colors come out soft like Brandi does? Please weigh in ladies..

TIA
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th January 2011, 9:18 am

@Brandi - Gorgeous looks, Umn what Bss in Georgia are you shopping at? Not that I need to go or anything (lol) just asking.

@KNH - The yellow looks good on you. If you're looking for a really soft look I think its all in the blending. Also I could be incorrect but the shadows in Brandi's pictures look like matte shadows and I think those blend more softly than the shimmery ones.

Last edited by krazy coils on 19th January 2011, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 19th January 2011, 10:21 am

brandiitneka wrote:Well...... Once again I went to the bbs in Ga for the 2nd time this month1 I really need to stop!! I picked up some more Sinful Colors lip gloss. The colors I got are: SeaShell( it is the BOMB!!) very pretty pearly color with hints or pink. Godess, Tempting, Blushing, and Fushia. I also picked up 3 more NYX jumbo sticks and 3 NYX loose pigments. I know it seems like a lot but I only spent $25!!! I am trying to stop but I caint help it. Oh, I picked up some Maybeline Falsies too and I love it!!! here are the looks from the weekend...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

VERY NIIIIIICCEE!! bounce
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th January 2011, 2:27 pm

@brandii... Love it! You always blend so well!

@knh... loving the yellow and as KC said, I think it allllll about the blending! I cant get away with the craziest/loudest of colors as long as I blend blend blend!

So I got my new Sigma brushes in the mail yesterday, used them to do my makeup this morning and OMG! Loved my ELF brushes but they dont hold a candle to Sigma. A good quality brush really does make a huge difference in makeup application! Im sold, I even ordered a full set in purple! lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2011, 3:02 pm

@Nubie & krazycoils, I have been using a yellow stick I purchased from Sally's. It comes in a lipstick shaped package. I put it on my hyperpigmentation and raised pimples. I put it on before I put on my concealer. I like my NYX one and my Black Opal full coverage foundation. I really like how it helps even out my skin tone. I am looking for a peachy orange color to help with the hyperpigmentation.

I have used my red cherry NYX jumbo pencil to correct my dark spots. I wish I remembered who suggested it but it works. I am thinking it was gossmakeup on YT. Unfortunately, I could not get the Red Cherry NYX pencil to blend well with the NYX. I may try to mix them together on the back of my hand or use my finger to apply it. I used a conceaer brush.

@Nubie, I like to add color/bronzer to my face after applying concealer/foundation. I have one from Wet n Wild. I also use some colors in the POP Beauty palette I purchased from HauteLook a few weeks ago. It warms my face up a bit since I have still not found the perfect color foundation. I have gotten close but no cigars. I cannot wait to purchase a MAC skin finish to add warmth/color.

@Nyla, what brand is the corrector you purchased from WalMart? Does it have a orange or peachy shade.

@sweet, pack on the color lady. Please check out Welcome2DivasWorld and SongbirdDiva4Life, they work colors all the time. Another one to check out is krawls80. Krawls's colors are out bold and in your face and look marvelous. I know Krawls also have a FB page and lots of ladies share their looks.

@brandi, I love love the last look. Your skills are on point lady.

@knh, some ways to help lighter colors pop is to darken the crease. You can do this by adding brown or black to your outer v and/or crease. This way the depth will lend to the lighter color.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th January 2011, 3:31 pm

Chrs...you're right I tried that today with my pink shadow, but it's still light. I will have to take my time to see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!!!

KC ~ I'm using my Prism Palette from Coastal Scents...I need to check but I thought the colors were matte. Maybe not!!!

Jlow ~ So I went to Sigma site and I think I'm going to treat myself soon. Don't know when but soon...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 19th January 2011, 4:35 pm

i be tryin to get my model on yall. lol my make up is pretty neutral and fresh but i still like it

missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th January 2011, 9:05 pm

wow missmo, thats the most naked face i've seen u wit, lol

@brandi-i need to try ur blending skills, love it esp the purple...speakin of purple...u know what sweets, fam n friends can be so cruel ESP since ur are not even the darkest person i've seen so yes dont be scared cuz yall brown laydeez be rockin them eyes!!

ok so i need to get me some sigma brushes myself then esp since i'll be doin makeup more n more wit my AR cut. sooooo i got some falsies to try tonight (playin around at work) and i got the "berry haute" lipcolor from eb's yt channel. i had already found this purple-ish 4 color palette from revlon cuz i wanted to try the janet eyes (from colored girls movie) so i'll report back tomorrow!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th January 2011, 9:19 pm

@KNH and Nubie... Sorry for enabling but gotta give credit where credit is due! lol, They are so soft and blend so well!

@Missmo... I like your neutral face. I'm a neutral fanatic. Did you tight-line you eyes? It looks like it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 19th January 2011, 9:43 pm

ok, i'm gonna post a pic of the look i've been wearing for like the past two weeks (ahaha) i've worn it so much, the eyeshadow is pretty much gone from the palette :/ i'm still a noob, so...idk...thoughts? tips?

mind you, i'm wearing all elf stuff hehe. i'm so scared to put on anything with color.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th January 2011, 10:12 pm

Karyn I like the colors you're using. Trying packing a little more color on the next time or use a primer or base underneath to make the colors show a little more.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 19th January 2011, 10:30 pm

jlowman1 wrote:@KNH and Nubie... Sorry for enabling but gotta give credit where credit is due! lol, They are so soft and blend so well!

@Missmo... I like your neutral face. I'm a neutral fanatic. Did you tight-line you eyes? It looks like it.

hey chica! Im not sure what tight-line means but i just lined the bottom line and then put on mascara thats it
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 19th January 2011, 10:33 pm

NubieNatty wrote:wow missmo, thats the most naked face i've seen u wit, lol

@brandi-i need to try ur blending skills, love it esp the purple...speakin of purple...u know what sweets, fam n friends can be so cruel ESP since ur are not even the darkest person i've seen so yes dont be scared cuz yall brown laydeez be rockin them eyes!!

ok so i need to get me some sigma brushes myself then esp since i'll be doin makeup more n more wit my AR cut. sooooo i got some falsies to try tonight (playin around at work) and i got the "berry haute" lipcolor from eb's yt channel. i had already found this purple-ish 4 color palette from revlon cuz i wanted to try the janet eyes (from colored girls movie) so i'll report back tomorrow!!

Nubie I know right. I usually post my dramatic looks but for everyday this is usually my look. I have really gotten into this fresh face.
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 19th January 2011, 11:32 pm

missmoriah wrote:i be tryin to get my model on yall. lol my make up is pretty neutral and fresh but i still like it

Ok ANTM, I see you!! Girl where you been??!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 19th January 2011, 11:44 pm

I am trying to keep up with the comments and questions so... I am gonna try to explain the blending as best as I can. After I put the two or three colors on my lid I go in and blend my crease with a light brown, almost skin toned shadow. Then I go back to my lid and re-apply color where needed. To soften the bright colors up a bit so that they dont look too painted on, I brush very lightly with my Revlon blending brush. Oh, when ever I do the three colors on my lid I use a smudge brush to apply the shadow to my lid instead of a regular shadow brush because it is a lot smaller and I have more control of the color(less fall out). I hope this helps. If I knew how to post a vid I would!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 19th January 2011, 11:49 pm

Karyn wrote:ok, i'm gonna post a pic of the look i've been wearing for like the past two weeks (ahaha) i've worn it so much, the eyeshadow is pretty much gone from the palette :/ i'm still a noob, so...idk...thoughts? tips?

mind you, i'm wearing all elf stuff hehe. i'm so scared to put on anything with color.

I feel you! I was scared to put on ant color at first too but I started watching youtube videos to get ideas and its been on and poppin ever since!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 19th January 2011, 11:59 pm

krazy coils wrote:@Brandi - Gorgeous looks, Umn what Bss in Georgia are you shopping at? Not that I need to go or anything (lol) just asking.

@KNH - The yellow looks good on you. If you're looking for a really soft look I think its all in the blending. Also I could be incorrect but the shadows in Brandi's pictures look like matte shadows and I think those blend more softly than the shimmery ones.

Krazy, Its a bbs store called Beauty Depo( I think!!) It is in a shopping plaza off of the Panola Rd. exit on Covington Hwy. There are actually 3 stores in the plaza. I need to stay away from it!! I have a sickness!!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 20th January 2011, 12:20 am

brandiitneka wrote:
missmoriah wrote:i be tryin to get my model on yall. lol my make up is pretty neutral and fresh but i still like it

Ok ANTM, I see you!! Girl where you been??!!!

LMAO i be tryin. Smile And i been busy as heck all over the place but i see ur still looking good.
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th January 2011, 12:51 am

MAC Magenta Liner+NYX African Queen cheers

I will post a pic later.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th January 2011, 1:13 am

love nyx african queen!!

@brandi-EUREKA...the smudge brush!! who wouldve thunk it bounce got it...thanx!! i was starin at the screen like Shocked and jottin down notes study

@karyn-ur skin is gorgeous, i can already tell from the forehead down, lol and even though u are too shy to post full face Mad all i'd recommend is the primer too! love the gold shimmers. i got my lil sis the nyx primer to start her off. we gonna work on those eyebrows next Wink u got a nice shape to em, now its time to fill em in!!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 20th January 2011, 2:04 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:MAC Magenta Liner+NYX African Queen cheers

I will post a pic later.

Pretty colors, cant wait to see the combo!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th January 2011, 6:44 pm

You all are so encouraging! Thank you!
KNH I see you with the yellow!
Brandi absolutely beautiful!
DVA I can't wait to see that combo!
Karyn I love it!
Chrys thank you for the suggestions I will check them out!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th January 2011, 11:20 pm

ok so i ATTEMPTED my janet look...umm Neutral yeeeeah:

this pic does my lips NO JUSTICE!!! lightin in here sucks Mad but its the "berry haute" lipstick from revlon ($6) and i sooo love it. its more like a pretty velvety and subtle plum/magenta-ish kinda color. COP THIS ASAP!! i can see me pairin this wit my pink friday and makin it a staple lip. its gorgeous! i wasnt too sure by lookin at it but it comes off really pretty!

i followed the instructions on my revlon palette" #352 lavender meadow (revlon color stay 12hr shadow) and i HATED IT Mad i just cant follow directions so its best i just free hand it.

i did play around wit the darker color in the crease way too! did u peep how i tried to "highlight" the brow bone.

so i started fresh from the first FAIL and wanted to do brandi's way. i cleaned up my lid n left the highlighted part to start fresh:

on the more vibrant side i used the nyx milk pencil vs the naked eye to see the difference!

i used the smudge brush and lightly blended. looook extra close n squint ur eyes Suspect i will be perfecting brandi's method when usin multi-colors on the lid more often!!

THANX BRANDI Very Happy
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 20th January 2011, 11:59 pm

Nubie- the rite aid near my job is closing and ALL items in the drugstore are 50% off!! You bedda werk!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next