CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey

+30
1rasheda
MahoganyCurls
StephanieB
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
truet
MsJay1121
vmichelle
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
Babs2009
curly+kinky+fierce
traveljunkie08
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Courtie
Preezie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Winnielours
CocaColaCutie
cococurly
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
Kea::curls
nmoultry
LilMsPuddles
lena73
adiaha
34 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey

Post by Freestyles 15th December 2009, 1:08 am

Way to go! Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 678474 You did it! Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 617583 Your hair looks great! Happy birthday to your new natural hair journey!

-Reese Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 15th December 2009, 1:16 am

I really dont like it Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_sad . I love the thickness and it feels great (healthy) but I wanted to do a twist out and it was ALL wrong. So I picked it out into a fro, which works for now but I was really hoping the twist out would work. Maybe the salon will give me a great twist out. Who knows, maybe my hair is too thick and coarse for a twist out.

As far as products, I didnt use anything special while transitioning because I transitioned with a weave and just used my normal products.
Today I washed with organix coconut milk and conditioned with their conditioner. I loved the way it smelled and the way it made my hair feel. Then I sprayed with my "Aloe gro" mixture and sealed with Qhemets alma and olive heavy cream, which really softens my hair and I like the light citrus scent.

So I like my current product line up, just need a nice style.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2009, 1:34 am

Aww Adiaha! I'm sure once you find a style you like, you will grow to love you hair. What did you use when you twisted it? How long was your hair twisted? My twist outs look better the longer I wear the twist. Hang in there sis! In the meantime, get your big ears and some cute hair accessories until you find a style you like.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 15th December 2009, 1:45 am

Probably four hours, with an hour under the dryer. My twist were not cute enough to wear in public so I took them down. Maybe next time I'll leave them in over night, or if they're cute enough leave twisted for a few days. To twist, I used the qhement heavy cream. I think part of the problem was some of my twist were too large next time i'll do them fairly small
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2009, 1:52 am

Yes, that's the part I left out. When you have a TWA, the key to a good twist out is to do your twist small. Follow me here...I hope you understand what I am trying to say...my sections are the width from the tip of my first finger to the first bend in my finger. You follow me? Check out my fotki. My first set of twist looked a HOT MESS!! I wore them out too. Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_eek I guess I was overly excited. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 15th December 2009, 10:15 am

I just saw the pics &&& you certainly have a lot of beautiful hair you're working with, chica!!!

Headbands, scarves &&& earrings have been my "go tos" during my TWA phase!

--> ROSS has a ton of cute hair accessories for only 2.99 each!!!

especially when a hairstyle goes wrong...i also realized that the first time I do a style, its probably not going to yield the best results. So, I use it as a test run to analyze what sections of my hair came out good (even if its just ONE strand, lol) and try to see what I can change to make the rest look that way next time.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 15th December 2009, 11:49 pm

Thanks Lynnie, I will definitely make sure they're smaller.

@Kea, I'll have to check out Ross for some nice hair supplies.

Today I just brushed my hair back, put a scarf on and wore a mini fro. I just went to the dentist so I didnt really see anyone. Tomorrow I go to school for my two finals, I'm sure I'll get tons of comments and looks.

My hair definitely smells and feels good, and my smooshed down fro looks okay but I definitely need a good trim. Tomorrow I think Im gonna try flat twist in the front with a twist out in the back. By try I mean have the salon do it Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I'm going back to study...boy do I hate tests. Or being a student in general for that matter. Good night ladies
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 16th December 2009, 2:42 am

Let us know how the salon visit went! Glad you said, "...organix coconut milk and conditioned with their conditioner. I loved the way it smelled and the way it made my hair feel. " because I just bought some on Monday! Give yourself a little time to adjust to you BC...you'll grow to love it!

---Reese Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2009, 11:44 am

@Dee (my nickname also), congrats on the BC!

Hope you the best on your studies.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Preezie 16th December 2009, 11:58 am

Welcome and Congratulations Dee! I look forward to learning right alongside of you.

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 16th December 2009, 12:15 pm

CONGRATS!!!

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_cheers Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_cheers Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_cheers

You've got a lot of hair you're working with. You'll figure out those twists. Let me tell you, you're going to start learning so fast how to work with your hair it's not even funny.

And here's the best advice I should have listened to when I BCd -- Keep your hands out of your hair!!!! I know you want to touch all those beautiful curls, but keep it to a minimum.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 17th December 2009, 1:20 am

Hi ladies, Im home from the salon. I can't wait to take my twists out. I think I'll have a great twist out.

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 100_1015

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 100_1016

I'm sure I'll be able to achieve this on my own one day but for the time being I dont mind paying someone to do it. I'll keep these in for a few days, maybe even a week then I'll wear them out.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by adiaha on 17th December 2009, 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 1:31 am

CONGRATS ON YOUR BC!! How long did you transition for?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 1:39 am

adiaha wrote:Hi ladies, Im home from the salon. I can't wait to take my twists out. I think I'll have a great twist out.

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 100_1015

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 100_1016

I'm sure I'll be able to achieve this on my own one day but for the time being I dont mind paying someone to do it. I'll keep these in for a few days, maybe even a week then I'll wear them out.

What do you guys think?

I should be in the bed right now but I was like, "Wait, Adiaha went to the salon today! Let me check to see if she posted a pic yet!" Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Lol

It looks good! You hair is longer than I thought. **shrinkage**

When you get ready to take your twist apart be very gently so you dont cause frizz. Put a little bit of oil or a moisturizer on your finger tips. After I untwist the twist, I separate it section one more time. I use my pick to lift the roots just a little bit. It helps cover the parts too. I hope this helps.

Are you feeling any better about your BC now?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 17th December 2009, 1:44 am

Thanks for the congrats. Now I gotta invest in accessories and bigger earrings because all I have are studs.

I had my last full relaxer in April, and I last retouched the front in June/July. I transitioned with a sewin weave.

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 100_0710
That was my everyday style since May. I straightened occasionally, but the summer was totally wash and go.

@Lynnie, yes Im loving it now. And yes I have major shrinkage, the stylist said you have tons of hair. Just tight coils everywhere. She suggests some kinky curly custard for my wash and gos but I cant justify $30 for something that "might" work.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 17th December 2009, 1:57 am

your twists look nice! i hope you enjoy wearing them all week Smile i too have not tried KCC yet, for the very same reason... I figured, i'll try out my other options first

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 5:03 am

The little boy is adorbale!!!
I wasnt an accessory person either until I started transitioning and the hair started getting shorter...lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Adiaha's Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Great Twists

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th December 2009, 12:53 pm

Your twists look great. I would wear them for a week--neat. You can add headbands for pizzazz, if you like.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 9:59 pm

adiaha wrote:Hi ladies, Im home from the salon. I can't wait to take my twists out. I think I'll have a great twist out.

How did I miss these photo's? Your twists look great, cant wait to see your twist out!
--Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 17th December 2009, 11:02 pm

Congrats on the BC! I too think that your son is soooo cute and I can't wait to see your twist out!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 2:06 am

Adiaha, if you dont mind my asking, how much did your stylist charge?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 18th December 2009, 2:10 am

$65. I think thats pricy (im frugal and on a budget) but it took about two/three hours with wash and style so I'd pay it again until i can learn to do it myself.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 18th December 2009, 2:12 am

BTW I think I'll feel more comfortable attempting styles when its longer. At this length it needs more direction and I have trouble doing my hair when I cant see it, so if I were to do it the front might look great but the back would just be a mess. I need to see what Im doing, thats why i could never roller set my relaxed hair. Sucks, but I guess practice and time may help
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 2:14 am

I think I am gonna make doing natural hair my side hustle. I have a friend that is natural and hair challenged. She paid $50 for comb coils. No wash no style.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 18th December 2009, 2:21 am

Thanks ladies, my son is my heart. He's 3 so he's a handful. In the "why?" stage but he's in Texas visiting his grandparents been gone for two weeks (which was great for finals time) and I MISS him like crazy.

@ChrsLvsBks, I plan to wear it like this for about a week or until the twists get a little old looking.

I got a lot of compliments on my hair today at work, but then like two people asked me "what'd you do to your hair" or "why'd you do that?" Im like look at it, I cut it, I twisted it and I did it because its my head which equals my perogative. Thats annoying when people give you their unwanted/unsequestered opinions.

LOL @Lynnie. I swear there's a market for it and if you under price what others are charging you'd make a killing. Im not so sure the baby would give you the time LOL He didnt want you to even do your own coils
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next