CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protein Treatment on a College Budget

5 posters

Go down

Protein Treatment on a College Budget Empty Protein Treatment on a College Budget

Post by curlista 21st January 2011, 9:41 pm

I'm a college student and I recently had my hair highlighted. As a result, I've had some serious breakage I'm assuming from the color, so what is an effective, cheap protein treatment.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Protein Treatment on a College Budget Empty Re: Protein Treatment on a College Budget

Post by tatertotz 21st January 2011, 11:05 pm

Aphogee 2-step protein treatment and Aphogee Keratin Treatment are two great treatments for cheap at the local BSS. Some others on CN talk about how well Aubrey Organics GBP(sp?) conditioner is too, I've never tried it but I've seen it in stores (Vitamin Shoppe, Health Food stores) for about $7
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Protein Treatment on a College Budget Empty Re: Protein Treatment on a College Budget

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st January 2011, 11:09 pm

I second the Aphogee. You could also try using eggs, mayo, and conditioner...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st January 2011, 11:11 pm

Ill tell you the cheapest protein cheap out there...an egg..eggs and mayo are rich in proteins..just through an egg or some mayo in your conditioner and there you have it (I rather the egg because i hate how mayo smells)..I've been using egg and mayo as a protein since i was young
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 21st January 2011, 11:11 pm

Thanks tatertotz! Do you know how much the Aphogee treatment is?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 21st January 2011, 11:12 pm

@rayray10 ok, I have some mayo in my fridge so do I just add that to my conditioner? How much?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 21st January 2011, 11:16 pm

The small packet of Aphogee is about 1.99 but if you want a larger bottle of it I think it runs about $5-ish & up

If you decide to use eggs don't forget to rinse it out with COLD water. Or else you'll find yourself with funky scrambled eggs in your hair lol
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 21st January 2011, 11:21 pm

@tatertotz Ok, I'll see if they have it at my local BSS and definitely will remember that lol I don't want scrambled egg hair.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 11:35 pm

i second that i use aphogee every 6 weeks and i buy the sample size witch is about 2 dollars and change , you can also do it your self with eggs , mayo and mixed together add some oil to help with moisture
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 22nd January 2011, 12:13 am

Thanks @creolebeauty1 Smile
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down