CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Given up on stylist????

+10
avyishi
BajanPrincess82
ladygogohot
LadyMika
naturally yours
fanmnatirel
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
creolebeauty1
Lynnieluve
vanessas_daughter
14 posters

Go down

Given up on stylist???? Empty Given up on stylist????

Post by vanessas_daughter 9th January 2011, 11:13 pm

Has anyone else given up on getting their hair professionally styled? I have.... I live in Texas and have been to three different salons and have suffered damage at each. I HAD BSL thick hair and I always warn them before I arrive at my salon. When I get there I feel as though they have no idea what they are doing. I had a black stylist try to comb my hair with a rat tail comb and it only got worse from there. Luckily I have resillent hair and I'm not bald but I realize I am stuck doing my own hair.

What about you???

vanessas_daughter

Back to top Go down

Given up on stylist???? Empty Re: Given up on stylist????

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2011, 11:16 pm

I gave up my stylist around 3 months post relaxer. I been doing my hair ever since. I did myown BC, I trim my ends, and recently straighten my hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 9th January 2011, 11:27 pm

I have been transitioning for 10 months and have not entered a salon yet i plan on doing most of my hair styles and care alone if i do visit a salon it will be a natural one Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 10th January 2011, 12:44 am

Only thing I go to the salon for is a trim and even then...when my hair gets long enough to where I'm comfortable enough to trim it myself ill do that instead. I have no desire to set foot in a salon again

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 10th January 2011, 12:11 pm

A year ago, i wanted to get my hair colored...so i went to Aveda...
I have not been to a salon since....and I dont really plan on going anytime soon...
I'm pretty sure i can do a better job than anybody else....doing MY hair Smile
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 10th January 2011, 12:39 pm

since ive been natural i decided to be my own stylist. i did my own bc, trims, etc... i dont have any desire to go back to the salon. i would rather do my own hair.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 10th January 2011, 12:54 pm

The last time I was in a salon was for my first BC two years ago. I have NO intention of going to a salon for ANY service because I can't afford it. $100 for COMB COILS? I don't think so. Suspect
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 10th January 2011, 1:13 pm

I have no desire to ever go to a stylist again. Reasons being i have been taking care of my hair for almost four years and it is the healthiest my hair has ever been. As time consuming as it is to do my hair, i prefer to stick it out.
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 10th January 2011, 2:01 pm

I only go to stylists for trims. I actually did my last trim, so I might not need them for that anymore. We'll see! I would go to a stylist if I wanted something fancy like an updo or a weaved style (only kinky twists or micros, if I ever want that again), however I don't forsee that happening in the near future.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 10th January 2011, 2:29 pm

@LadyMika Wow $100 For Comb Coils I See Why You Don't Go! The Salon I Worked At When I Lived In Maryland Charged $35-$40. NY Stylist Like To Get Crazy With Prices, When I Had Locks They Tried To Charge Me $80 In Manhattan To Palm Roll My Waist Length Locks, Nuts!! ....I Can Palm Roll Or Comb Coil A Person Hair In 30-60 Min And Would Never Think Of Charging That Much. Unfortunately Doing My Own Hair Isn't That Quick, LOL

Stylist Can't Get Rich On Me Because I've Be Doing My Own Hair Since I Was 10 So They Will Never Know More About My Hair Than Me Buttttt.... I Go Occasionally Usually For A Hair Cut (I'm A Recovering Hair Cut Addict,LOL) But I Tell Them What Not To Use And How To Comb My Hair If They Look Like They Don't Have A Clue... I Bring My Own Stuff Especially My Comb, Or Come With My Hair Already Washed. I Usually Go To One Or Two People Because I Take Time To Train Them, LOL. I'm Not Shy When It Comes To My Hair Your Going To Do My Hair My Way. I Never Been In The Whole Salon Thing Every Two Weeks It's Just Not My Style, But Sometimes I Get Lazy, LOL

And I Don't Take Lip From None Of Them, I Had Hurt One Chicks Feelings One Time Because She Had To Get Smart.....She'll Never Do That Again, LMBO

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 10th January 2011, 3:44 pm

I had given up on my stylist, he was not supportive. Met a new one yesterday, the same one who does the girl from "the Good Hair" blogs hair. She was really nice. I may continue to go to her for trims with a couple of conditions:

If she can trim on wet hair or let me come in with dry hair and just trim, no heat. I already know she is willing to do the latter.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 10th January 2011, 4:54 pm

I pretty much have given up on the majority of stylists. I have a friend who is a stylist and she is the only person who's *ever* given me a haircut that I liked, so I do trust her to cut my hair. Other than myself and my stylist friend, NO ONE gets near my head with scissors.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 10th January 2011, 6:25 pm

This year I plan on giving up on stylists because I only go when I'm getting my hair flat ironed and trimmed. I plan on being curly all year long and learning to trim my own ends. If I do a good job, I may never go back to one.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessas_daughter 11th January 2011, 1:11 am

I bc'd in the summer of July '07 and the majority of the time I have done my hair myself since I always wear it curly. When I lived in SC I had the most bomb-diggitiest woot! hairstylist but I only let her cut my hair. Well I guess I must have bumped my head when I moved to Texas and actually allowed a stylist (ok 3) to flat iron and trim my hair.

I know I do an awesome job of maintaining my hair but it would really be nice to be able to go get pampered every blue moon. After this last fiasco and losing 4 inches of hair for the second year in a row.... Im done!

vanessas_daughter

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 11th January 2011, 2:40 am

I've been natural for most of the past 18 yrs or so. I've been to salons a few times for bcs and to barbers a few times. The couple of stylists I've had were really good with cutting curly hair. Recently me or my husband have cut it. So no more salons!
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down