CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Opposites Really Attract?

4 posters

Go down

Do Opposites Really Attract? Empty Do Opposites Really Attract?

Post by misscece 24th December 2010, 3:02 pm

Hi Everybody,

We all know the famous line, opposites attract. I constantly hear this line when I try to decide if I should continue to hang out/date this one guy in particular. We really are opposites with just about everything. He doesn't like going out and I love it! I may not go clubbing every weekend but I do like to go out, bowling, salsa dancing etc... He says he HATES eating out. I live in the Philadelphia area and being a foodie and going out is part of my DNA. I like going to the movies he says every movie looks dumb and doesn't want to waste his time. On and on and on we go. We do have one thing in common, we like to go hiking but he is way more extreme with hiking than I am. For instance, I like to hike when the temperature is bearable (not too hot or too cold). I tried to compromise and go once in awhile when I would prefer not to but not all the time.

Now he is a really nice guy. He's respectful, owns his own landscaping business, and I can tell he is a family man. But if opposites really attract is there a limit to this thinking?

I want to have fun but its almost impossible to have fun with him. Sigh... Any suggestions? Tips?

Any help would be appreciated.
misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Do Opposites Really Attract? Empty Re: Do Opposites Really Attract?

Post by Guest 24th December 2010, 5:52 pm

lol...SOMETIMES, opposites can attract, but it sounds like to me, u have nothing at all in common w/ this guy....i mean, there is a difference between being the total opposite of u and being picky; i would think in order for things to go any further, someone should have something in common w/ u so u can have something to talk about to start off right cause if u don't, then what y'all do, just sit there and listen to eachother breathe?? lol...good luck w/ ya significant other Wink o yea, and how long have u been talking to this guy?~

Back to top Go down

Post by misscece 24th December 2010, 8:08 pm

LOL. Well we've talking just for about two months now, but every time I mention to my friends and especially my family that I think I'm going to let him go his own way, I get the lecture. The lecture saying he's a good man and opposites attract and that I should find the things that could make the relationship work...blah, blah, blah. Oh Lawd if I have to listen to him tell me one more thing he doesn't do I may scream. I keep thinking I'm crazy because I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing.

misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th December 2010, 8:14 pm

You're not crazy. Everyone else is not seeing what YOU see. I agree with strawberri_slushee. You have to have something in common. You need more than a person to be nice to make a relationship work.

Is he older than you?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 24th December 2010, 8:24 pm

Hey misscece, let them date him. Rolling Eyes Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's not a good man. He is just not YOUR good man. No

scratch Hmmhp - Opposites might attract but that usually means two people balance each other. But even opposites need to have something in common, even if its something they came up with to have in common. AND (big thing) you have to really want to be with that person. If he is annoying you now, think about what will happen in the next few months? affraid That could suck the life out of you both.

That's just my two cents Very Happy . BUT, ultimately you have to decide. Friends and family shouldn't make that decision, they should stand by your decision.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by misscece 24th December 2010, 8:37 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:You're not crazy. Everyone else is not seeing what YOU see. I agree with strawberri_slushee. You have to have something in common. You need more than a person to be nice to make a relationship work.

Is he older than you?

Yes he's 29.
misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 30th December 2010, 3:44 pm

Have you talked to him about your concerns? There has to be a compromise somewhere. It sounds like you're more extrovert and he's more introvert. And that's fine if you two can work out a compromise and meet in the middle. Otherwise, you're going to be miserable. Don't ever stay in an unhappy relationship just because your family and friends like a guy. They don't have to live with him, you do.

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by misscece 30th December 2010, 11:54 pm

@aggiegem - I can honestly say we haven't had a talk just about this topic. If we do kinda talk about it, the conversation usually stems from him telling me no or that's "stupid". I always then say, well what do you want to do but he never has any suggestions. So I start to make some and hope that it sparks some ideas. So I will make an effort to have "the talk" with him. Maybe he doesn't realize how difficult he's being. If that doesn't work, I will kindly let him know we can just be buddies.

misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum