CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil

+7
Hazelbabe
MrsJones
creolebeauty1
naturallynola
rayray19
misskris
CiaE
11 posters

Go down

Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil Empty Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil

Post by CiaE 20th December 2010, 8:15 pm

Does anyone know where i can purchase the unrefined oil? I heard its good. I went to stop and shop and no luck, i didnt even bother looking for the regular oil because i wanted the unrefined but now im desperate lol
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil Empty Re: Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil

Post by misskris 20th December 2010, 8:45 pm

Hey CiaE. You'll most likely have to check your local health food store (whole foodsm Trader Joe's) or check the health food dept in your grocery store if it has one. Kroger & Publix have it. Not sure what stores you have up there but they may have it there. In my grocery store (Kroger) they have it in the health food section where they have the natural salad dressings and other oils. Hope that helps. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil Empty Re: Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil

Post by misskris 20th December 2010, 8:46 pm

Oh and maybe GNC??? Or Vitamin Shoppe
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 20th December 2010, 8:49 pm

Vitamin Shoppe is where i get mines..I love coconut oil!!! I go through a jar each month..its about $7-8
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th December 2010, 8:50 pm

And it lasts a long time too.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th December 2010, 8:55 pm

Cia - along with Misskris' suggestions, some drugstores, Walmarts, Asian stores (check make sure unrefined). Online options Amazon, Luck Vitamin, Vitacost. I mention the online options in case you want larger sizes (sometimes free shipping and cheaper by the unit).

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 20th December 2010, 11:12 pm

I got my first botttle from goingnatural.com it was parachute brand i paid about 4 dollars for it and my second big jar i purchased from whole foods for 6.50 , you can also try trader joes , health section in your local grocery store , Gnc , Viamin shoppe and Vitacost.com
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 20th December 2010, 11:32 pm

Im not sure, but yoy can get 100% virgin coconut oil from healthfood and supplement stores
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 21st December 2010, 12:03 am

thx guys!!! So what is better the actual oil or unrefined??
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st December 2010, 3:37 am

when you are buying natural products the unrefined raw kind is always better because its closest to it's natural state so i would say unrefined is better Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 26th December 2010, 9:44 pm

You can get it on the oil/baking aisle. I got mine from Wal-mart on that aisle earlier this week.
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 27th December 2010, 12:37 am

any health food and vitamin shop will have it
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 27th December 2010, 3:38 am

Thanks ladies!!! I bought some from offline waiting for it to arrive now =)
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by greta 23rd January 2011, 10:48 pm

I bought mine at Andronico's. It is a fancy pants grocery store in Berkeley. There also sell it at Whole Foods.

greta

Back to top Go down

Coconut Oil and Unrefined Coconut oil Empty HELP!!!

Post by kwmechelle 24th January 2011, 2:23 pm

I am in need DESPERATE need of moisturizing help! I purchased virgin coconut oil to use as a moisturizer and I love it when used on wet/damp hair. I use it as a sealant as well to seal hair after it's conditioned. However, I also started using this every day on DRY hair as well as a moisturizer.

Sometimes, my hair feels softer but most times it's been really crunchy & hard. I've been wearing my hair in a straw set so that's why I used this to keep it moist. I'm afraid I've been using this the WRONG way. Can someone please tell me if that's so? I think I may have done more damage to my hair because it seems like it made it dryer. Sadness.....sooooo not the effect I was going for Sad

kwmechelle

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 24th January 2011, 3:39 pm

@ kwmechelle,

Coconut oil on dry hair is a major no-no for me. I find that it needs the dampness to penetrate my hair and leave it soft after it dries.

You might want to make a spritz containing water, coconut oil, and perhaps some aloe vera juice/gel? That was you can moisturise, seal and nourish your hair all at once!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by kwmechelle 24th January 2011, 3:45 pm

Thanks for this. I wish I knew something that I could use to moisturize dry hair. As I indicated, my hair is in a straw set. So spritzing it would make it super frizzy, harder to detangle, and alter the style. If you have any ideas on what to use on dry, styled hair I'm all ears!

Thank again!

kwmechelle

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 24th January 2011, 4:21 pm

kwmechelle wrote:
Thanks for this. I wish I knew something that I could use to moisturize dry hair. As I indicated, my hair is in a straw set. So spritzing it would make it super frizzy, harder to detangle, and alter the style. If you have any ideas on what to use on dry, styled hair I'm all ears!

Thank again!
Have u tried the EVOO in your hair? just scrunching it into ur hair very delicately?
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down