CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mango Butter?

4 posters

Go down

Mango Butter? Empty Mango Butter?

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 15th December 2010, 5:35 pm

Hey girls! So. Yesterday was payday and I was SO excited to get started mixing some goodies up for my hair. So, I make my way to my health food store and they were out of Shea Butter! (They had lots days prior) No I was disappointed. But I noticed they had plenty of Mango butter. I've seen mentions of it here and I was wondering if I can use it in exchange for Shea butter in recipes? Do any of you curlies use it instead of Shea butter?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Mango Butter? Empty Re: Mango Butter?

Post by letha 15th December 2010, 5:46 pm

I'm transitioning but if I don't have any shea I just use whatever is on hand.. Avocado, Mango or even Aloe butter.. Yea you can do that.. There is one that I think I got one time that was shea/mango butter I think I ordered that one online but I am not sure if that is the correct name..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 7:07 pm

Yeah you can substitute it. And I also have a hair butter from www.butters-n-bars.com that's a shea/mango mix. It's Grow My Hair butter and it smells SOOOOO good. It's got peppermint oil in it. Go for it!!! Smile
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LushAfroBush 15th January 2011, 4:11 am

Mango butter is great! Especially if you have a sensitive scalp and allergic to shea butter. It's not as thick as shea butter.
LushAfroBush
LushAfroBush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down