CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is aloe vera gel better mixed with something?

+4
j. kinky
Sebastain13
LittleOne
MrsJones
8 posters

Go down

Is aloe vera gel better mixed with something? Empty Is aloe vera gel better mixed with something?

Post by MrsJones 27th November 2010, 3:47 pm

I bought some AVG and i've tried to use it for wets sets, but it just feels really watery. Its 100% so I'm wondering if thats the way its supposed to feel or is it better mixed with something?
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Is aloe vera gel better mixed with something? Empty Re: Is aloe vera gel better mixed with something?

Post by LittleOne 27th November 2010, 4:30 pm

Hi MrsJones!

Aloe vera gel is mostly made up of aloe vera juice (which is mostly water) combined with a light thickener like carrageenan powder. There's definitely not enough hold to style your wet hair.

I'm sure others will respond with suggestions, but I think castor oil and aloe vera gel make a good mix for dry twist outs. Good luck!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Is aloe vera gel better mixed with something? Empty Re: Is aloe vera gel better mixed with something?

Post by MrsJones 27th November 2010, 5:09 pm

Ok thanks, that makes sense
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 27th November 2010, 7:24 pm

I have heard of a mix called shealoe (aloe & shea butter mixed)
I havent used it yet but I understand that I works wonders for the hair
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 28th November 2010, 3:17 am

I might try that. I love my shea butter coconut oil mix
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 29th November 2010, 11:31 am

aloe by it self does nada for my hair but i use it in my spritz....aqua,EVOO,aloe...use it as a refresher and it works prefect! hair is soft and stay moist..not greasy but moist
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 29th November 2010, 12:32 pm

Ok thanks
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 1st December 2010, 12:53 pm

i mixed my avg with shea butter and whipped it with my blender. it works amazing on my twists dry and wet.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikole 23rd January 2011, 1:45 am

I mix mine with shea and coconut oil. Use it on my hair and body.
Nikole
Nikole

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 23rd January 2011, 3:48 am

Aloe vera gel mixed with flax gel and jojoba is a great homemade gel with hold. The more hold you want, the less avg and oil you add.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 23rd January 2011, 5:47 pm

depending on the aloe vera gel you purchased, you may need to shake the bottle really well to get it to"settle into the gel". Not sure what brand I have, but it must be kept in the refrigerator and if I don't give the bottle a good shake first, all I get is the "juice". I've used straight aloe vera gel on wet hair that gives me a soft hold.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down