CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth

+3
CocoEuro
tiashaunteé
SavvyTresses
7 posters

Go down

How long has it been since you started your natural journey?

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth I_vote_lcap27%Natural Hottie: The Rebirth I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
Natural Hottie: The Rebirth I_vote_lcap55%Natural Hottie: The Rebirth I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 12 ]
Natural Hottie: The Rebirth I_vote_lcap18%Natural Hottie: The Rebirth I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 22

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Empty Natural Hottie: The Rebirth

Post by SavvyTresses 23rd November 2009, 10:57 pm

I guess I've been hiding under a rock, because I just found CurlyNikki.com by way of Butters-N-Bars.com.

I've began my natural journey in 2003. I did the big chop in 2004 and haven't missed a blink since. However, there weren't as many resources (mainstream) for natural hair back then as there are now.

Anyway, it's time I take my hair to the next level.

This is my second coming and before I got here, I've converted at least 7 to 8 women along the way. They look to me for advice, comfort and support; when I don't have an answer I search for one online. I'm glad I found a community of Natural Hotties just like me.

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Purple12

During my second coming, I plan to explore more natural options for all aspects of hair care and life. I will continue to encourage my sisters that being natural is HOT!

Ciao Natural Hotties
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

http://savoyia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Empty Re: Natural Hottie: The Rebirth

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd November 2009, 11:53 pm

Your hair is cuttttteee!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SavvyTresses 24th November 2009, 1:56 am

Thanks chica!

It's a twist out and two-strand flat twist mohawk, wow that sounds like a lot. Lol.
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th November 2009, 5:50 am

SavvyTresses wrote:I guess I've been hiding under a rock, because I just found CurlyNikki.com by way of Butters-N-Bars.com.

I've began my natural journey in 2003. I did the big chop in 2004 and haven't missed a blink since. However, there weren't as many resources (mainstream) for natural hair back then as there are now.

This is my second coming and before I got here, I've converted at least 7 to 8 women along the way. They look to me for advice, comfort and support; when I don't have an answer I search for one online. I'm glad I found a community of Natural Hotties just like me.

During my second coming, I plan to explore more natural options for all aspects of hair care and life. I will continue to encourage my sisters that being natural is HOT!

Ciao Natural Hotties

Wow 7-8 women!! LOL!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SavvyTresses 24th November 2009, 5:30 pm

Yep, 2 are currently in the transition phase. It's hard convincing die hard creamy-crack lovers but I stop trying to convert and just led by example. They saw my growth and wanted the same.

This is before I was liberated.
Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Perm10

December 2008 - 4 1/2 years free
Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Big_ch10
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

Back to top Go down

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Empty Styling

Post by SavvyTresses 24th November 2009, 5:50 pm

Ok so today, I went to the beauty supply and Ulta - I'm such a PJ! But I went because I want to try Nikki's Twist-n-Curl, so I needed larger rods. I'm going to try the style but I use different products to set my hair. I absolutely love Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade for my Twist-Outs, so I will use PM, raw shea butter for moisture and tea tree oil for shine/moisture. I'm going to sit under the dryer for about an hour but my hair is so thick - it won't be dry. I'm going to let it air dry after that.

I will pictures of my process later today and then tomorrow or Turkey Day I will have photos of results.
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 24th November 2009, 8:50 pm

Cute hair!! Can't wait to see how your twist out works!!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by SavvyTresses 26th November 2009, 4:36 pm

I have pics of my TnC coming soon! I should have the full effect by tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving Naptural Hotties!
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 8:47 pm

SavvyTresses wrote:I guess I've been hiding under a rock, because I just found CurlyNikki.com by way of Butters-N-Bars.com.

Ciao Natural Hotties

Sounds very familiar. I too, BC'd quite a while ago (back in 2005), but I feel I have made a re-commitment to having natural, healthy hair. And having just found this website, I am learning and gleaning so much about how to take my hair to the next level. And I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with everyone here! Good luck to you as you continue your journey and enlighten so many others along the way!

Love your hair, BTW!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 26th November 2009, 9:07 pm

beautifuleyez wrote:

Ciao Natural Hotties

Sounds very familiar. I too, BC'd quite a while ago (back in 2005), but I feel I have made a re-commitment to having natural, healthy hair. And having just found this website, I am learning and gleaning so much about how to take my hair to the next level. And I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with everyone here! Good luck to you as you continue your journey and enlighten so many others along the way!

Love your hair, BTW!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings

I so wish I had gone natural years ago. I had been "curious" for years but was too afraid to "take the plunge," I guess. I also hope to convert a few people along the way. I have so many people ask me about my hair and say they "wish they were brave enough." My Mom loves my hair - I'm trying to get her on my "team!"
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 1:20 pm

First, welcome.

I look forward to reading more of your posts having been natural for a few years.

Second, I love your avatar picture. Hair is lovely.

I loved PM's foaming pomade when I used to rollerset my hair on flexirods. I may have to revisit since I plan to try rollersets when the weather gets much colder. I like you would not have dry hair after one hour under the hairdryer. Approximately how much longer is it until your hair is fully dry? Also, what temperature do you set your hairdryer?

Looking forward to seeing results of your TnC.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Empty Thanksgiving Twist-n-Curl

Post by SavvyTresses 28th November 2009, 10:57 pm

Here' s one picture of my TnC from my cell phone. I have better shots on the camera but I will upload in the next couple of days or so. I also show you 3 days out look.

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Thx0910

Thanks Naptural Hotties - beautifuleyez and ChrsLvsBks

@ChrsLvsBks - I would probably have to sit under the dryer for 2.5 hours for a completely dry hair and the dryer is set at the highest temperature, which I probably should use a lower setting. I don't because I don't sit there long enough.

Ciao
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th November 2009, 11:00 pm

My hair takes a really long time to dry but one day I decided to read the book that came with it (LOL) and it mentioned changing to the cool setting to decrease the drying time. I tried it and it decreased the time significantly. I went from 5-8 hours to 2-4 hours.

Man that is a lot of time Sad
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by SavvyTresses 29th November 2009, 8:33 am

@tiashauntee - really? Wow! Thanks, I'm going to try that next time...probably this week knowing me Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Icon_razz
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th November 2009, 1:04 pm

Set it on high for a while, then med, then cool, then back to high or med

Check the information that came with your dryer, it might be in there like mine was.

I hope it works for you
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 29th November 2009, 5:19 pm

SavvyTresses wrote:Here' s one picture of my TnC from my cell phone. I have better shots on the camera but I will upload in the next couple of days or so. I also show you 3 days out look.

Natural Hottie: The Rebirth Thx0910

Thanks Naptural Hotties - beautifuleyez and ChrsLvsBks

@ChrsLvsBks - I would probably have to sit under the dryer for 2.5 hours for a completely dry hair and the dryer is set at the highest temperature, which I probably should use a lower setting. I don't because I don't sit there long enough.

Ciao

This looks very pretty!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 29th November 2009, 5:32 pm

Very cute TnC! Can't wait to see more.
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by SavvyTresses 3rd December 2009, 11:43 pm

Wow! I haven't been on in a minute! I miss my Naptural Hotties. I need a style re-do. What's something new I can try?

I've tried TnC and Twist outs, fro-hawks and flat iron presses.

I need a protective style.

Let me know.

Ciao Naptual Hotties
Savvy
SavvyTresses
SavvyTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down