CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm 100 percent done

+21
ladygogohot
KinkyNappyHappy
LadyMika
FalconTress
Curlock Holmes
kinksncurls
MEGAFAITH
Renny
Madeaj
Rock'n Natural Curls
naturallynola
BajanPrincess82
newcurlieque
fanmnatirel
Mzbush
Free2Be
KeetaRay
Curliana
poeticlyspkng
chocolate-kinks
25 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I'm 100 percent done Empty I'm 100 percent done

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 10:37 am

I've been natural about a year in a half and I'm still having major issues. I am so unhappy with my hair. I've written many post trying to figure out new techniques which never worked. I'm even on an 8 month protective style challenge. In the past few month I have not seen any growth what so ever. From what it seems, my hair is the same length as my avatar which was from about 7 months ago. I'm extremely aggravated that I'm thinking of cutting it all off. I'm going to continue with my 8 month challenge and if that doesnt work, I'll go to a stylist and see if they can recommend something and if that doesnt help, I'm cutting it all off. My hair seems to hate everything and I just dont understand why. I love my curl pattern, but my ends are so rough. Sealing in my ends doesnt work because my hair hates oils. Also the moisturizer that was working is no longer doing anything. When I look at my hair I want to cry because its not progressing at all. I'm so unhappy. I'm DONE.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

I'm 100 percent done Empty Re: I'm 100 percent done

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th October 2010, 10:43 am

OH no Chocolate Kinks! Hang in there! When is the last time you had your ends trimmed? Maybe that is part of the issue?? I felt that way for several months last year but I just needed to get past the hump. You do too and you can. Again- when is the last time you had your ends trimmed?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 10:51 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:OH no Chocolate Kinks! Hang in there! When is the last time you had your ends trimmed? Maybe that is part of the issue?? I felt that way for several months last year but I just needed to get past the hump. You do too and you can. Again- when is the last time you had your ends trimmed?
A few months ago. I cut my hair so much that they told me to put down the scissors. I cut my hair at least 9 times since I've gone natural because I thought I had scab hair. Some of it was, the rest was just brittle ends.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 20th October 2010, 10:52 am

You know who helped me? Kimmaytube on Youtube. Her videos are very explanatory and she delves into the science of hair. She talks about the proper way to care for your hair and since I started using her leave in mixture my hair looks and feels healthier. Check her out before you make any final decisions. And maybe you can get some braids or twists to give yourself and your hair a break for a month or two. Im sorry you feel this way!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 10:55 am

Curliana wrote:You know who helped me? Kimmaytube on Youtube. Her videos are very explanatory and she delves into the science of hair. She talks about the proper way to care for your hair and since I started using her leave in mixture my hair looks and feels healthier. Check her out before you make any final decisions. And maybe you can get some braids or twists to give yourself and your hair a break for a month or two. Im sorry you feel this way!

I know who she is and I have visited her page. Her leave in has oils and my hair doesn't agree with that. I am on a hair challenge so I have been putting kinky twist in my hair. I have not worn out my hair since July which was when I began the challenge.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 20th October 2010, 10:58 am

Hi, chocolate-kinks. I agree with Curliana and poeticlyspkng - DON'T GIVE UP! I'm so sorry you are frustrated, but yes - check out Kimmaytube on YouTube. She is very informative and really explains WHY she does certain things to hair and uses certain products, etc. I think she'll be very helpful for you.
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 20th October 2010, 11:00 am

Are you concerned about length or healthy hair? I ask this because I almost lost it halfway through because I could not see any growth...or it seemed to be growing so slowly that there was no growth. I had to shake it off and decide to stick with it for the sake of healthy hair, period, even if it didn't seem to grow. After accepting that and not obsessing about the growth, but just taking care of my hair, I did begin to notice some growth...I was able to try some other styles even if they didn't turn out well.

I really hope you are able to hang in there and simply focus on having healthy hair at any length. When that happens, I believe it will grow. Maybe you don't need to cut it yourself and by doing so have cut off too much? Is that a possibility?

Hang in there girl.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 20th October 2010, 11:04 am

If you've cut your hair 9 times, that's why you're not seeing any growth. Don't trim so much and keep playing with different moisturizers. Less is definitely more. I'm not sure about which oils and products you're trying but maybe it's too much. Maybe you can tell us some of what you're using and we can help you out. Please don't give up. You look beautiful with your hair the length it is in the avatar. Like Free2Be pointed out, focus should be on health, not length! Good luck!! Let us help you out.
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 20th October 2010, 11:16 am

I agree with the ladies... Stay strong...
I got bored two months ago... I was not feeling my hair at all.... So I went and got some kinky twists. That helped me a lot. I might even get them again next weekend...
So yeah- if your hates oils, put them down...
Please make a list of everything you're using and we can definitely tell you what we think...
I'm no expert cause I'm a year in just like u but I'm sure all of us together can help you...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 20th October 2010, 11:32 am

Mzbush wrote:If you've cut your hair 9 times, that's why you're not seeing any growth. Don't trim so much and keep playing with different moisturizers. Less is definitely more. I'm not sure about which oils and products you're trying but maybe it's too much. Maybe you can tell us some of what you're using and we can help you out. Please don't give up. You look beautiful with your hair the length it is in the avatar. Like Free2Be pointed out, focus should be on health, not length! Good luck!! Let us help you out.

totally agree, 9 times is ALOT in a year & a half.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 20th October 2010, 12:19 pm

Wow, I have only trimmed my hair twice in the last year. I agree with the others, that's too much cutting!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th October 2010, 12:54 pm

Chocolate, ditto everything said above, but especially about the health of the hair from free2be. Good health translates into healthy hair. Make it a priority to provide your regimen--not just products but everything you do related to your hair. Listen to your hair. If it doesn't like something, don't use it. The latest thing may not be the greatest thing for you. Plz answer this question-- how is the growth of your nails and what is the condition of your skin?

Don't be 100% done, be 100% determined. You have a bunch of cheerleaders here!!!!

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock'n Natural Curls 20th October 2010, 12:56 pm

it seems to me that it had to be growing to be able to cut it 9 times. Remember why you went natural... Remember that you call always come back to the forum for encouragement and information woot!
Rock'n Natural Curls
Rock'n Natural Curls

http://www.bridgitshairboutique.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th October 2010, 1:26 pm

wow...ok well mayb ur hair could be in the resting phase and ur hair is not growing right now or u could be in the phase before that where ur hair growth process is slowing down. try getting scalp massages with some scalp oils or something or whenever you wash ur hair and see how that works out for u. good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 7:47 pm

KeetaRay wrote:Hi, chocolate-kinks. I agree with Curliana and poeticlyspkng - DON'T GIVE UP! I'm so sorry you are frustrated, but yes - check out Kimmaytube on YouTube. She is very informative and really explains WHY she does certain things to hair and uses certain products, etc. I think she'll be very helpful for you.

I watch her videos once in a while. I guess I'll take a deeper look into her.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 7:52 pm

Free2Be wrote:Are you concerned about length or healthy hair? I ask this because I almost lost it halfway through because I could not see any growth...or it seemed to be growing so slowly that there was no growth. I had to shake it off and decide to stick with it for the sake of healthy hair, period, even if it didn't seem to grow. After accepting that and not obsessing about the growth, but just taking care of my hair, I did begin to notice some growth...I was able to try some other styles even if they didn't turn out well.

I really hope you are able to hang in there and simply focus on having healthy hair at any length. When that happens, I believe it will grow. Maybe you don't need to cut it yourself and by doing so have cut off too much? Is that a possibility?

Hang in there girl.

I'm concerned with both. My ends seems to be a little ragged and I tried the dusting method and I moisturize the ends. I'm currently reading Lisa Akbari's book so hopefully that will help me. When I cut my hair I don't cut it way too much so I don't believe its because of that.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 7:54 pm

Mzbush wrote:If you've cut your hair 9 times, that's why you're not seeing any growth. Don't trim so much and keep playing with different moisturizers. Less is definitely more. I'm not sure about which oils and products you're trying but maybe it's too much. Maybe you can tell us some of what you're using and we can help you out. Please don't give up. You look beautiful with your hair the length it is in the avatar. Like Free2Be pointed out, focus should be on health, not length! Good luck!! Let us help you out.

Thanks for the compliment. I haven't trimmed my hair in about 5 months so I would expect to see at least a little growth, but I see none Sad
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 7:55 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:I agree with the ladies... Stay strong...
I got bored two months ago... I was not feeling my hair at all.... So I went and got some kinky twists. That helped me a lot. I might even get them again next weekend...
So yeah- if your hates oils, put them down...
Please make a list of everything you're using and we can definitely tell you what we think...
I'm no expert cause I'm a year in just like u but I'm sure all of us together can help you...

Thanks dear. I'll make a list of everything I'm using so far.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 7:56 pm

newcurlieque wrote:

totally agree, 9 times is ALOT in a year & a half.

I know, I had a lot of scab hair and my ends were just rugged.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 7:56 pm

[quote="BajanPrincess82"]Wow, I have only trimmed my hair twice in the last year. I agree with the others, that's too much cutting![/quote

I know.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th October 2010, 7:59 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Chocolate, ditto everything said above, but especially about the health of the hair from free2be. Good health translates into healthy hair. Make it a priority to provide your regimen--not just products but everything you do related to your hair. Listen to your hair. If it doesn't like something, don't use it. The latest thing may not be the greatest thing for you. Plz answer this question-- how is the growth of your nails and what is the condition of your skin?

Don't be 100% done, be 100% determined. You have a bunch of cheerleaders here!!!!

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Awww lol cheerleaders Smile. Well funny thing you brought that up because my nails are also very brittle they always break, I have a very oily face, but my skin is sometimes dry.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 20th October 2010, 9:06 pm

Hey Chocolate-Kinks

I agree with all the other posts. There is one other thing you have to remember. Healthy hair starts within. So you have be taking care of your health, like drinking lots of water, eating the right foods, and getting enough sleep. Exercise helps, but lol I am probably the worst when it comes to getting enough exercise. Stress can cause a lot of problems. Hair and nails get brittle, your skin breaks out, you don't get to sleep, etc.

Maybe this twist challenge will let you rest your mind about your hair a bit.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 20th October 2010, 9:56 pm

The ladies have said it all, so no point in me duplicating. I do implore you to watch Kimmaytube. I'll be looking for that product list along with everyone else. cyberhug ((((((((((((((( chocolate kinks ))))))))))))))).
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 20th October 2010, 10:16 pm

What's your regime right now? Do you use shampoo or 'cones? If you do, I suggest cutting both out altogether for a while, and using something more gentle to clarify when you get build-up (such as a raw cane sugar/conditioner scrub). In place of shampooing, I suggest co-washing; also, if you don't already, deep condition more frequently (you can do both weekly, or even every few days).

Are you using gels? If so, that might also be a problem. If your hair is anything like mine, then it might hate all gels and anything gelatinous. Most gels make my hair perpetually hard and crunchy until I actually wash it out, and no moisturizer or "scrunching out the crunch" will restore its softness. Like, I could use gel to twist my hair and leave my twists in for two weeks until I washed my hair, and because of the gel, my hair would most likely feel really rough and dry every single day of those two weeks, even if I moisturized properly daily (or even multiple times daily).

If your hair doesn't like oils or butters, you're not alone. My hair hates oils, too; it has indiscriminately hated every single oil I've tried, heavy or light or whatever, and I know it can be frustrating to develop an oil-free regime when everyone else's hair seems to thrive on oils. If you want some suggestions on an oil-free moisturizing routine and products, you could try spritzing any of the Oyin Handmade Juices or the Qhemet Karkady Replenishing Mist on wet hair, applying a bit of Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner over that, and sealing the hair with a mix of KCKT and aloe vera juice.

HTH.

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 20th October 2010, 10:39 pm

spray your hair (mist)with water day and night and seal with a leave in or may be shea butter your hair will grow i have been doing since my big chop and have seen a lot of growth.
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum