CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Damage!

2 posters

Go down

Hair Damage! Empty Hair Damage!

Post by thicknfit 11th October 2010, 6:56 pm

My hair is damaged. I got my last texturizer in May and a color (bleach) in June. I did it professionally and my beautician didn't tell me (I guess I should have known) the amount of damage that I would sustain! As a result my type 3C hair is jacked!! It is brittle and thin. The texture of my new growth thankfully is full and healthy but the grays that I was trying to cover with the color are popping out again!

Any ideas for 1- the damage and 2- the grays. Tried henna and it just made my hair look shiny grayish. Its sad I am considering going all black but everyone keeps saying it won't look right. I am also having trouble finding the perfect curl solution if that exists. All of the products seem too heavy like S-Curl and Curlz and Olive Oil or even pure shea butter.

I am really wanting that lovely full curly head of locs and it is just not happening!
thicknfit
thicknfit

Back to top Go down

Hair Damage! Empty Re: Hair Damage!

Post by naturally yours 11th October 2010, 7:31 pm

your going to have to cut the damage out. you could do little at a time or all at once.keep hair deep conditioned to add moisture and strength back to hair. chemical treatments can strip hair of moisture and weaken hair. keep hair moisturize and protect ends.on lhcf know some of them use something call cellophane to color hair. it not chemical but herbal, i will look it up.

Last edited by naturally yours on 12th October 2010, 8:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to edit)

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by thicknfit 12th October 2010, 1:05 pm

Thank you for responding!! I am going to look that color up! I am wanting to go like a chocolate brown something dark! I know I should cut it but I am not yet willing to let it go. I know it is not really possible to repair damaged hair but I don't want to do another bc. This would be like my 2nd or so and my hubby is not ok with it at all! Plus I don't want to.

The sad thing is I can see the difference in the inch or so of new growth its thicker and fuller. My damaged hair I can litterally see through when its wet but not my new growth. I am going to cut about 1 inch off every 6-8 weeks until it is gone. I feel like that way I can keep some of my hair and transition gradually. Now just to focus on not damaging my new hair.
thicknfit
thicknfit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down