CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea moisture Deep Treatment Masque as styling aid

+8
fanmnatirel
poeticlyspkng
aduke1989
MsJay1121
raina
justicenga
Lynnieluve
elleeccentric
12 posters

Go down

Shea moisture Deep Treatment Masque as styling aid Empty Shea moisture Deep Treatment Masque as styling aid

Post by elleeccentric 9th October 2010, 2:09 pm

I love shea moisture products and spent weeks hunting down the deep treatment masque. I finally got my hands on it and used it. I'm sad to say i wasnt thrilled about the results =(. My hair didnt feel soft. I tried it a second time with the same results. On the label it says it can be left on the hair so I decided to use it as a styling aid for a braid out. All i have to say is OH MY! i love it! it makes my hair feel soooo moist and soft without a weighed down feeling. I used the masque and sealed with virgin coconut oil. This stuff is the business!
Has anyone else tried this product as a leave-in or styling aid?
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Shea moisture Deep Treatment Masque as styling aid Empty Re: Shea moisture Deep Treatment Masque as styling aid

Post by Lynnieluve 9th October 2010, 2:20 pm

I've used it as a styling aid and I love it!!! But I also love it as a deep tx too. I like it better than the curl and style milk as a styler. So once I run out of the hair milk, I wont purchase it again.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Shea moisture Deep Treatment Masque as styling aid Empty Re: Shea moisture Deep Treatment Masque as styling aid

Post by elleeccentric 9th October 2010, 2:26 pm

Really?! I love the curl and style milk! My hair feels moisturized for longer with the masque though
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th October 2010, 3:03 pm

elleeccentric wrote:Really?! I love the curl and style milk! My hair feels moisturized for longer with the masque though

That's the reason why I wont purchase the curl and style milk again. I'm all about a 2 in 1 product. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 9th October 2010, 4:32 pm

lol! makes sense, more bang for your buck!
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 9th October 2010, 8:34 pm

I always use it as a leave in
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 11th October 2010, 8:11 pm

hi ladies! I use it as a leave in! I really like it alot but it did nothing for my hair as a deep conditioner. Oh how do you all like the smell? If I have a headache I cant stand the smell but if I am headache free it doesnt bother me.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 13th October 2010, 1:07 am

As a deep treatment: I like it, but... I've used better...

Styler: It's the best.... def a HG for me. I use it as a sealer on top of my leave in conditioner for twists, WnG, braidouts, etc. I find that straight shea butter leaves my hair limp and stringy, and oils alone my hair just laughs at. Shea Moisture is the perfect "right in between" for me!!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 17th October 2010, 11:28 pm

I've tried it as a styler and it makes my hair really soft and makes my curls pop a little more! I haven't tried it as a deep treatment though, I was actually gonna try it next week as a deep treatment....but I did notice when I used it with my kinky curly gel it left white little particles in my hair so I'm wondering if I shouldn't use it with gel. Has any one else experienced this problem??
aduke1989
aduke1989

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648990541

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th October 2010, 11:51 am

I also didn't get much from it as a deep treatment but I have considered adding stuff to it as I believe Lynnie does. I've not tried it as a styler but I use the other that way- the hibiscus curl smoothie- and I love it Maybe I'll try it as a styler this week.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 18th October 2010, 12:24 pm

hmmmm. interesting. I have not tried any of their products yet but might give this masque a try.
I can never go wrong with my Qhemet Biologics Olive and Alma heavy cream but i'm looking for something cheaper that i can get at the store....
Hey- if it doesn't work, i can always go back to the love of my life (well, i'm exagerating a bit...looool).

How are the ingredients?
How does it compare to QB (if you've used that before)?

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 18th October 2010, 1:32 pm

I've been using it for months as a deep treatment. I used it for the first time last Wednesday as a styling aid for a twist out. It was the first time I was ever able to wear a twist-out outside the house! I used it to detangle in small sections and then I twisted to keep it from getting tangled again. I slept on the twists, and in the morning, I had a perfect twistout. I'm going to try it again this week and see if I get the same results.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 18th October 2010, 1:38 pm

I definitely prefer using this as a styler instead of for a deep treatment. As a styler I got great definition and moisture for my twists.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 18th October 2010, 8:50 pm

For me, the masque has its usefulness too, but not as a deep treatment. I had a hair fiasco a few weeks ago when I discovered I have some degree of protein sensitivity after using a conditioner and my hair was like a haystack. I took my time and used the masque as a leave it and braided my hair. The next day, it was very soft. I am still on the prowl for a serious DEEP moisturizing condish, so if anyone discovers one, please give me a shut out. My intentions were to buy Darcy's mask, but it sold out a couple days ago

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 19th October 2010, 12:47 am

I find that using it with Giovanni direct leave-in and beautiful curls curl defining cream gives great results! well mositurized hair with a slight hold (from the beautiful curls product). I've been using these together for the about a month now and i can dig it! afro
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 19th October 2010, 1:23 am

elleeccentric wrote:I find that using it with Giovanni direct leave-in and beautiful curls curl defining cream gives great results! well mositurized hair with a slight hold (from the beautiful curls product). I've been using these together for the about a month now and i can dig it! afro

Oh! I was wondering when I was going to hear about someone's experience with the Beautiful Curls line. Glad you are happy with it. I see it everytime I go to WF. It is an Alaffia product. I have alot of admiration for their ethical practices, including their Fair Trade philosophy and partnering with other like minded suppliers, distributors, etc.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 19th October 2010, 7:43 pm

yea i really like it. My pjism got the best of me and i couldnt resist buying. Plus my sister recommended it, so i had to give it a try
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th October 2010, 11:15 pm

OK...this is good information! I'm a true Shea Moisture user...the conditioning milk for a leave-in and the curling smoothie for twists. I LOVE THEM!

I was reluctant to get the deep conditioner because what I use works so well. So...I don't have to buy the masque! YAY! cheers

Thanks for the info, ladies!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down