CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inexpensive Conditioners

+7
letha
curlya
ChrsLvsBks
FalconTress
Lysheba89
Madeaj
naturalblkbeauty10
11 posters

Go down

conditioners - Inexpensive Conditioners Empty Inexpensive Conditioners

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 30th September 2010, 11:29 pm

Do anyone know of any conditioners that's good for detangling and deep conditioning? I would like to keep it under $10 and be able to buy from walmart, target, walgreens, etc.
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

conditioners - Inexpensive Conditioners Empty Re: Inexpensive Conditioners

Post by Madeaj 30th September 2010, 11:56 pm

Hi

Aussie Moist and Pantene Curly Deep Moisturizing treatment for deep conditioning treatments. I like to mix a little Jojoba, Olive oil and AloeButter in one or the other.

Aussie Moist is a great detangling conditioner. This one I sometimes leave a little bit in for my twists, braids and WnGs.
Suave Professional for Damage/Dry hair is a good detangling.

I use V05 condition as my rinse conditioner. I never leave this in, but it does a good job as a co-wash conditioner.
All of these are under 10 dollars and Suave is under 5. I saw it 2 for $3 dollars at Target.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 30th September 2010, 11:58 pm

Thanks a lot
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 1st October 2010, 1:23 am

Nothing beats Tresemme when it comes to price, size, and creaminess combined with slip. I used to use "moisture rich", "smooth", and "flawless curls" product lines. Now I see they have a "naturals" line with lower sulfate shampoos and no cone conditioner. You get huge sizes for around $4. And even before the "naturals" line, they had some good ingredients.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 1st October 2010, 1:37 am

I have used (and liked) Suave Salon Aloe & Ginseng.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st October 2010, 1:43 pm

As for drugstore conditioners, Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration is my fave. Aussie Moist is second. Pantene Relaxed and Naturel is third. I've used them as rinse out conditioners, leave in conditioners and detanagling conditioners.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 1st October 2010, 2:02 pm

I have used Giovanni Smooth as Silk and love Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (HG). I just bought Yes to Cucumbers AND Aussie Moist when I went on my lunch break today. Embarassed
I thought I was over the PJism. but, I guess not. I think I need an intervention...
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 1st October 2010, 2:34 pm

curlya wrote:I have used Giovanni Smooth as Silk and love Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (HG). I just bought Yes to Cucumbers AND Aussie Moist when I went on my lunch break today. Embarassed
I thought I was over the PJism. but, I guess not. I think I need an intervention...

Well if you do need one then I will be right there beside you having mine.. Laughing

Target had a sale about 3 weeks ago on HE and I lost my mind I think the big bottles were like $3.00 or a little more than that.. I picked up like one of each kind that was for moisture..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 1st October 2010, 4:33 pm

I can't believe I missed that sale. Sad
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st October 2010, 6:23 pm

AUSSIE MOIST!!! I LOVE THAT STUFF!!! drunken
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 1st October 2010, 7:09 pm

Thanks again, ladies
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 6th October 2010, 8:55 pm

So my hair HATED Herbal Essence, but I can use suave naturals for pre-poo. I just discovered Sally's GVP conditioning balm $5.49 for 16 ounces is a great deal. hopefully my hair likes it. I'm not a fan of scents so the Aussie line was a no-go. Other than that just check the circulars. Hair products go on sale like once a month.

Update: I washed my hair last night and used the Sally's GVP after a Lustrasilk Olive Oils Cholesterol treatment.
Consistency- thick,Its really thick ad takes a while to be absorbed.
Scent- light and non-irritating
Detangling- I should have left it on longer but I was impatient so detangling was a no-go.
Overall- The product is alright. I need to try it a couple more times to determine if it's going to become a staple product. It's not bad, but it's not great...

Last edited by Neems on 7th October 2010, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more information)
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 7th October 2010, 12:10 am

I suggest that you also check Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Big Lots if you have those stores in your area. Also VO5 is always at Dollar Tree & lately they have stocked some varieties in 18 oz. bottles.
I always look at the clearance shelves/bins at Walgreen's(I've seen Organix, Biolage and Joico there) and other drug stores. Don't forget grocery stores (especially those that double coupons).
Now that I am trying to use natural products, I check the clearance table at the Vitamin Shoppe.
I have not used Aussie Moist rinse out conditioners but I have used the Hair Insurance Leave-In and I liked it.
Sephora & Whole Foods will give you samples of some products to try. Have fun with your search & don't give up. You will find something that works for you at an affordable price point.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 7th October 2010, 12:19 am

Also the Trader Joe's products are reasonably priced. he Tea Tree Tingle is $3.99 and does not have cones or parabens. I think the Nourish Spa and the Citrus product have parabens,

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by sundazen 24th October 2010, 10:30 pm

I second FalconTress comment on Trader Joe's products. I really like TJ Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner (Big PJ here and so far these products helped to tame Fierce Fiona afro *my transitioning hair*.) It is not expensive so if you do not like it trade it or put it away for a rainy day.

sundazen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th October 2010, 11:23 pm

i heard that certain conditioners or whatever aren't good for ur hair, so be careful...what may work for some, may not work for u..good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th October 2010, 11:27 pm

I've used Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Replenishing Conditoner for DC and liked it for months. I bought the bottle because it was cheaper than the paks. It's $5.99 or $6.99 and it's been lasting me forever because I only have about 5 inches of hair.

Last edited by Renny on 24th October 2010, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added price)
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down