CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boing boing

+8
beautifuleyez
curly+kinky+fierce
Blackbeauty
LilMsPuddles
miznissi
jamaicacurl
kinky_situation
boingboing
12 posters

Go down

boing boing Empty boing boing

Post by boingboing 21st November 2009, 3:27 am

so ive been natural for a little over two years now and im in love with my hair but when i was relaxed i was never happy with my hair like a lot of people it seem like i lived in the hair salon just to be upset the next day when my hair was a huge fro after getting wet. Since i never knew what my hair texture looked like so i began researching natural hair so i began to transitioned for about five months right after i had graduated from high school i thought it was a perfect time, after getting tired of the two different textures i did finally cut of my relaxed ends. Now my hair isnt something i hate its my hobbie and i love trying out new products and finding out new ways to style it

boing boing Dsc00811

boing boing Djhdjh15nding

boing boing Newhai11

boing boing Curllo11

boing boing Myspac10

boing boing Hair1-10

Last edited by boingboing on 21st November 2009, 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding pics)

boingboing

Back to top Go down

boing boing Empty Re: boing boing

Post by kinky_situation 21st November 2009, 9:01 am

Wow! You're hair is so cute. That's a very nice length of hair after two years of going natural. Did you have highlights in the 4th pic? The color looks really nice. I'm thinking about getting some color soon.
kinky_situation
kinky_situation

Back to top Go down

Post by boingboing 21st November 2009, 11:39 am

thanks, no not in the fourth picture but actually in the fifth picture i did i added some dark red but it was very damaging to my hair i dont reccomend it the only color i will be doing is indigo with henna from now on

boingboing

Back to top Go down

boing boing Empty afroveda

Post by boingboing 21st November 2009, 11:32 pm

boing boing Hair2-10

well today i just got my afroveda totally twisted ginger almond butter from a swap i just put it on my dry twist out and im amazed by the results i dont know but i think my hair likes this better the Qhemet heavy cream or oyins whipped butter cream my hair is so so soft i will be getting more of this products and trying more of their products i wish they would have a black friday sale so i could really load up on their products lol luv that they have the pop off lids too so prevents from huge spills and wasted product who wants that. TRy THis stuff !!
boing boing 01911boing boing 02111

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 22nd November 2009, 12:40 am

Hey boing! I love your hair! Too cute!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boingboing 23rd November 2009, 11:35 pm

url=https://servimg.com/view/14564484/24]boing boing 100_0311[/url]

today i really needed to do my hair but didnt cuz i have a newborn baby and she will always come first its really cold where i live so my hair is suffering from that also i want to try out some products that i just bought the aphogge 2 min reconstructer the proclaim oilve oil glossing co and generic paul mitchell the co as well will post up my results tommrrow

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi 23rd November 2009, 11:46 pm

B-E-A-utiful hair! Love it.
miznissi
miznissi

https://www.youtube.com/user/miznissi

Back to top Go down

boing boing Empty today

Post by boingboing 24th November 2009, 9:17 pm

ok so today i finally got to do my hair it has been so damaged lately cuz i have no time at all to do it plus i shampooed it and went in the sauna a couple of times and really dried it out today it took four hours todo it lol well i just washed and detangled the jungle the twisted with my co and leave in

boing boing 100_0317

boing boing 100_0318

boingboing

Back to top Go down

boing boing Empty what i did today

Post by boingboing 26th November 2009, 12:25 am

today went to work out with my hair still twisted up sprayed some deva care set it free to some fly aways and tried out darcys msc and was pretty good a moisturizing my hair but not better than curl junkie by far lol

boing boing 100_0310

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 26th November 2009, 1:05 am

Love the hair and congrats on the baby!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 26th November 2009, 11:14 am

Your hair is GORGEOUS Shocked !!!!

I completely agree with you first post, I never loved my relaxed hair and never knew what my texture was like either. Going natural has given me so much pride in my hair & i love experimenting with it which is something ive never done b4.

Looking at your pictures, Im excited to see my hair progression through the yrs!! Im looking forward to seeing more of your posts!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 26th November 2009, 1:58 pm

Boing Boing!!! Hi! Um first of all that name totally suits ur hair " Boing Boing" (excuse the goofy joke lol ur hair is so pretty tho) anywho...u have had so much growth in 2 years and im so interested in that afroveda...maybe i need to stalk some posts..but your results are fab...So have you tried The Alma cream from Qhemet?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 8:59 pm

boingboing wrote:boing boing Hair2-10

well today i just got my afroveda totally twisted ginger almond butter from a swap i just put it on my dry twist out and im amazed by the results i dont know but i think my hair likes this better the Qhemet heavy cream or oyins whipped butter cream my hair is so so soft i will be getting more of this products and trying more of their products i wish they would have a black friday sale so i could really load up on their products lol luv that they have the pop off lids too so prevents from huge spills and wasted product who wants that. TRy THis stuff !!

Hey BoingBoing, After reading your post, I went to afroveda's website bc I have been hearing (reading) a lot about it and I'm actually kinda bored this Thanksgiving (I didn't go home to be with my fam and my fiance' is glued to the tv watching that foolsball) lol! Anyway, my point is apparently they ARE having a Black Friday sale! It starts at midnight tonight and goes through Sunday! Just wanted to share!

Your hair is FAB, BTW. And your baby is PRECIOUS!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 26th November 2009, 9:02 pm

Love your hair!
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by boingboing 27th November 2009, 12:31 am

yes i have tried the qhemet cream the heavy cream is the best with the olive and honey its great im dying to see if afroveda is better though i mean it seemed like my hair was more moist from the totally twisted but im buying all of the creams from the black friday sale stay tuned for hairveda, and afroveda reviews maybe darcy lol im addicted lol thanks everyone for the love you guys r great..

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 27th November 2009, 12:03 pm

boingboing wrote:boing boing Hair2-10

How did you pick what dosha line? I've been interested but I'm still unsure.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 2:54 pm

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Your hair is beautiful.

I like Afroveda's line also. I did not worry about the dosha. I have the Neem conditioner, herbal hair oil, curly custard, butter you have and pur whipped gelly. I had my first experience with more than one day WnGs with Afroveda.

What did you purchase from Afroveda? I look forward to your reviews.

I like Darcy's Botanicals also. I have only tried the transitioning creme and Madagascar vanilla styling cream. I have purchased a couple of her products from a couple of swap boards.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boingboing 29th November 2009, 3:14 am

Black friday i my gosh i freaked out on black friday i ordered from hairveda, darcys, and afroveda, i got all the butters from afroveda and from darcys the new twisting cream and samples of the butters and from hairveda the protein treatment and the baggie cream the oils cocosta and the lighter oil forgot the name reviews coming soon well i was stupid and sent one order to my old house and some how darcys i got three orders of the same thing i guess my bank messed up and then she didnt take off the discount but she sent be a refund through my email i guess i got to excited lol

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by boingboing 29th November 2009, 3:15 am

yeah i didnt take the quiz or whatever i just read the ingredients and i pretty know what my hair likes and went with that and ive heard such great reviews

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 7th December 2009, 12:39 am

hi boing, i'm loving your curls &&& the hair looks very healthy!!! i BC'd after about 5 months, too...but a lot more recently (its only been 3 weeks, lol). i'm looking forward to following your progress & learning more about afroveda...wish i'd caught the sale Sad
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Preezie 10th December 2009, 5:11 pm

boingboing, your hair is gorgeous!

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content