CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hairstory

+5
nattyblog
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
HappyNaps
9 posters

Go down

Hairstory Empty Hairstory

Post by HappyNaps 21st August 2010, 1:42 am

Hello Everyone, Very Happy
My mom referred me to this website because she's seen me go through many delimas with my hair. I really took an interest in it and so... here I am.
So I've been natural almost all my life with the exception of a texturizer I tried about 3 years ago. Usually I wear braids and twist and ocassionally I have my hair straighten.Two years ago, (because of damage to my hair) I had my hair cut short into a nice bob. Recently I decided to try something new over the summer, and I got a straw set. I really liked it too.
Sometimes I love my hair and other times i get so frustrated. The reason for this is because i have no clue what to do with it when I haven't gone to the salon. And I need to find some ways I can do my own hair.
I have alot of hair and I mean alot. My hair type is 4a It's thick coarse and about shoulder length. We buy a lot of Carol's Daughter and Miss Jessie's product but I never achieve the look I want. confused
HappyNaps
HappyNaps

Back to top Go down

Hairstory Empty Re: Hairstory

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st August 2010, 10:38 am

Hi HappyNaps...

Welcome to CS. It sounds like you need a Big Sister. Check the General Thread and post for a Big Sister. There a lot of ladies on this site that have tons of experience with caring for natural hair. I'm new to the game and still learning. However, I will tell you that moisture is the KEY to healthy hair.

Don't know a lot about the products you are using, but what look are your trying to achieve?

Well get ready for a wealth of information.....you are so going to love it here!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st August 2010, 11:42 am

welcome!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st August 2010, 11:45 am

I agree with KNH search the site and find someone with similar hair and I know you will be on your way to maintaining your hair! Welcome to Curl Street
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 21st August 2010, 1:40 pm

Welcome!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 21st August 2010, 4:20 pm

Welcome
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 21st August 2010, 6:32 pm

Welcome! You are definitely in the right place. I've found everyone to be so helpful.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st August 2010, 11:38 pm

so glad ur mom referred you here-GO MOM!! ur gonna find such a great wealth of info here. im still a nubie (lol) myself and it'll be a year for me next month but i learn somethin new everyday and its so amazing. this has been fun for me to learn my hair and u definitely have a great advantage becuz ur so young takin notice of how to properly maintain ur hair.

i dont know what part of chi-town u in but i know that leila of BGLH.com (black girl long hair blog) has alot of meetups there and thats also a good place to network with other curlies!

what look are u trying to achieve? i love carol d's esp the tui smoothie (OMG, my faaaavorite DC) and i get good soft results w/the marguerite magic n mimosa honey. The main thing i use from MJ is the rapid recovery DC and the baby buttercreme. im curious to try the pudding though!

i agree w/knh...moisture is definitely the key and i also believe gettin a strong regimen in place as well. there isnt a day that goes by where i dont spritz my hair w/water n oil. even if im gonna lay around the house i spritz n put my satin cap back on! i also DC once a week as well. lately ive been finding that protective styles work wonders and also saves me time!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyNaps 22nd August 2010, 2:41 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi HappyNaps...

Welcome to CS. It sounds like you need a Big Sister. Check the General Thread and post for a Big Sister. There a lot of ladies on this site that have tons of experience with caring for natural hair. I'm new to the game and still learning. However, I will tell you that moisture is the KEY to healthy hair.

Don't know a lot about the products you are using, but what look are your trying to achieve?

Well get ready for a wealth of information.....you are so going to love it here!

KNH
Thanks. To answer your question, i'm looking to elongate my curls because I have the shrinkage problem when i wash.
HappyNaps
HappyNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyNaps 22nd August 2010, 2:42 pm

NubieNatty wrote:so glad ur mom referred you here-GO MOM!! ur gonna find such a great wealth of info here. im still a nubie (lol) myself and it'll be a year for me next month but i learn somethin new everyday and its so amazing. this has been fun for me to learn my hair and u definitely have a great advantage becuz ur so young takin notice of how to properly maintain ur hair.

i dont know what part of chi-town u in but i know that leila of BGLH.com (black girl long hair blog) has alot of meetups there and thats also a good place to network with other curlies!

what look are u trying to achieve? i love carol d's esp the tui smoothie (OMG, my faaaavorite DC) and i get good soft results w/the marguerite magic n mimosa honey. The main thing i use from MJ is the rapid recovery DC and the baby buttercreme. im curious to try the pudding though!

i agree w/knh...moisture is definitely the key and i also believe gettin a strong regimen in place as well. there isnt a day that goes by where i dont spritz my hair w/water n oil. even if im gonna lay around the house i spritz n put my satin cap back on! i also DC once a week as well. lately ive been finding that protective styles work wonders and also saves me time!

I've heard about the Tui smoothie but haven't tried it yet. I will put that on my list
HappyNaps
HappyNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st August 2010, 11:00 am

Hi and welcome!

To help with shrinkage, you can use aloe vera gel or juice in place of water in your leave in and moisturizers. You can mix aloe vera with oils for a leave in and refresher. Another thing you can do if wearing a WNG is pull all your hair to the front of your head (think of hair as the horn of a unicorn). HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down