CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BellaBell

5 posters

Go down

BellaBell Empty BellaBell

Post by BellaBell 17th November 2009, 11:05 am

I did a Cassia treatment last week for the first time. I did notice my hair had more shine and strength. I was pleased with the results. I used a simple mix of H2o, honey, dollop of Carol's Daughters Hair Smoothie, and coconut oil. Nikki said you can use anything under the kitchen sink so that's what i came up with. I plan to use the Cassia in between my Henna treatments. Oh Yeah my gray straglers seemed to turn a golden color which i kinda liked!!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

BellaBell Empty Re: BellaBell

Post by tiashaunteé 17th November 2009, 12:12 pm

I need to try that, my grays are annoying me. My mom went gray early so I am not surprised to see them sprouting up
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantment 17th November 2009, 12:55 pm

Where can I find Cassia? I'm more apt to try that than Henna, I have too much color in my hair already.
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 17th November 2009, 12:58 pm

Enchantment wrote:Where can I find Cassia? I'm more apt to try that than Henna, I have too much color in my hair already.

Enchantment when you try it let me know how it turns out. I'm scared to do either one with my hi-lites. I'm scared of my hair turning rooster red

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 18th November 2009, 4:13 pm

I actually got my Cassia off of ebay. Whenever I try something for the first time I always look there first so i can find it cheap. THe order arrived in 3 days!!!

NMoultry you can feel more comfortable with the Cassia. It's neutral and really doesn't effect your color. It really enhanced my grays which had some shading due to the Henna treament i did right before. The Cassia has more of a good conditioner effect. I think that's why a lot of people use it along with the Henna. You really should give it a try!!!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 18th November 2009, 4:30 pm

BellaBell wrote:I actually got my Cassia off of ebay. Whenever I try something for the first time I always look there first so i can find it cheap. THe order arrived in 3 days!!!

NMoultry you can feel more comfortable with the Cassia. It's neutral and really doesn't effect your color. It really enhanced my grays which had some shading due to the Henna treament i did right before. The Cassia has more of a good conditioner effect. I think that's why a lot of people use it along with the Henna. You really should give it a try!!!

So the cassia won't turn my highlights red??

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 18th November 2009, 11:00 pm

No not at all. The henna would but the cassia does not deposit a color on to the hair.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 19th November 2009, 3:05 pm

Should I mix the Cassia with conditioner or oils?

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 19th November 2009, 9:40 pm

Nikki said you can mix it with anything under the kitchen sink. I did water, dollop of smoothie, and coconut oil and about 1/4 of an avocado!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 20th November 2009, 3:41 pm

Rainy day in Houston! I put my hair up in a high bun. I usually wear my hair down but this little curly top is kinda cute. I might have to rock this more often. This site has made me broaden my stylin options. Thanks Curlynikki Members!!!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 20th November 2009, 3:42 pm

Rainy day in Houston! I put my hair up in a high bun/poof. I usually wear my hair down but this little curly top is kinda cute. I might have to rock this more often. This site has made me broaden my stylin options. Thanks Curlynikki Members!!!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 21st November 2009, 5:05 pm

The inner product junkie in me got the best of me today...i received a sample of Creme of Natures Jojoba and Olive Oil Moisture Active Deep Conditioning Treatment (certified with organic ingredients) in the goodie bag from Shecky's Night Out. It smells good!!! Not overly thrilled with the ingredients but what the heck. Unfortunately its still raining today so i doubt i will take out the 5 flat twist I opted for in order for my hair to dry. Tomorrow when (okay if) I take my hair down, hopefully I'll be able to see some results which are supposed to be improved shine, strenghth, and restores manageability. We'll see...
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 22nd November 2009, 7:20 pm

Going Natural was one of the best decisions I ever made for my hair. The relaxer made my hair fine and very reactive to the environment. Now my hair is thicker and stronger; I really have options that work well no matter what the weather challenge. I've recently started doing my up do's which i get a ton of compliments...but for some reason I still love a big curly quaff!!! The longer it grows the more I love it!!! I can't imagine ever considering a relaxer again.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 24th November 2009, 12:00 am

Wore a twist out today. I'm not sure if it was the Creme of Natures Jojoba and Olive Oil Moisture Active Deep Conditioning Treatment (certified with organic ingredients) I used or the fact that my hair was in flat twist all weekend but my hair was very coily. The ringlets were nice but I like a looser, bigger curl. I'll give the conditioner another try in a couple of weeks. My hair was definitely softer. I wouldn't say I'm going to add it to my arsenal of hair options; at least not this round!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 24th November 2009, 12:02 am

Where are the pics??? We gotta have pics Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 24th November 2009, 10:30 pm

I'm gonna be better with pics next week. A girlfriend of mine has my camera and I should get it back tomorrow.

As for my hair, I don't think i like that Creme of Nature deep conditioner. My hair seemed more dry and my ends seemed very tangled. It may have just been a bad hair day but my hair just doesn't seem its usual curly self!! Poo I hate when I'm disappointed by a product. I do plan on giving it one more try but a little later.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 24th November 2009, 10:35 pm

BellaBell wrote:I actually got my Cassia off of ebay. Whenever I try something for the first time I always look there first so i can find it cheap. THe order arrived in 3 days!!!

Hmm...so maybe I should try the Cassia instead of the Indigo. I already have color, though I wouldn't mind it being dark again. I've also been concerned about little grays turned some random, bright shade and becoming more noticeable!
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 24th November 2009, 10:53 pm

My grays did "highlight" a goldon color...i know if i had used the Indigo they would have come out darker. If you are concerned about the color you already have on...I would go with the Cassia.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 29th November 2009, 10:46 pm

Haven't posted for a couple days due to a bad cold. My hair has been in 5 flat twist since Friday late night. Luckily I deep conditioned before twisting so I should be in good shape when I untwist in the morning. I have found that if I do a couple seconds with the handheld hairdryer it will poof and soften nicely. I will hopefully be getting my camera back Monday or Wednesday so I can start posting pics.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum