CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

curlykinks

+5
Blackbeauty
beautifuleyez
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
curlykinks
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

curlykinks - Page 2 Empty Re: curlykinks

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 10:06 pm

All the time! I hate it too and find it utterly annoying! I am a pretty mild spoken person and have a hard time with this but after a few experiences with this, I have learned to say "please, don't touch my hair."

I mean, you don't know where people's hands have been. It's just rude! Besides that, I would get a comment like "wow, it's so soft." I mean, what did you expect, it would feel like? A brillo pad!! Mad
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 26th November 2009, 10:33 pm

LilMsPuddles wrote:all the time, my WHOLE life. She has a new(hands already in my hair before I know they are talking about me) hairstyle. It didn't matter if I was straight or curly.
BTW love your hairstyle from the 24th!
Happy Thanksgiving

Yes!!! So, you feel my pain. The hands are definitely in the hair before you even realize you're the subject of the conversation!

On some level, while I appreciate the compliment, I think it's a bit rude. I also feel almost as if some people treat my hair, natural hair in general, as if it's some sort of novelty. Though, I will admit it's fascinating to see how much you can do with natural hair - my hair can be drawn up and tight one day, stretched out the next, then in a puff or an updo. Amazing! I'm sure this blows some people's minds!

Thanks for the compliment! Gobble gobble to you, too!
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 26th November 2009, 10:35 pm

beautifuleyez wrote:All the time! I hate it too and find it utterly annoying! I am a pretty mild spoken person and have a hard time with this but after a few experiences with this, I have learned to say "please, don't touch my hair."

I mean, you don't know where people's hands have been. It's just rude! Besides that, I would get a comment like "wow, it's so soft." I mean, what did you expect, it would feel like? A brillo pad!! Mad

I'm pretty nice, too, and try to gently back away. Usually doesn't get the point across, though! I'm gonna have to step up and say the same. What kind of response do you get when you say this?

And yes, the "so soft" comments!!! curlykinks - Page 2 Icon_scratch Just a tad insulting, right?
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 10:48 pm

I usually get startled looks from strangers. It's funny though...I mean you don't know me and have the audacity to wanna touch my hair and then you gonna look crazy at me when I politely ask you not to???? What's wrong with this picture.

I just gotta do it though. I am a soft spoken daughter of an overly out spoken momma and I just channel her when I do this. I've learned over time in situations like that to go "Shirley" on them (that's my Momma and she don't play)! I don't do it in a mean way, though. I just back away and say, "thanks for the compliment, but I would prefer you not to touch my hair." and leave it at that. They can think what they wanna... This is for complete strangers. I am still working on the co-workers and church members... *sigh. In those cases, I usually just grin and bear it!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by crustaceans 27th November 2009, 2:00 am

Your twists are gorgeous! Very professional but fun at the same time.
crustaceans
crustaceans

http://crustaceans.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 2:40 pm

curlykinks wrote:So, here's my two-day-old twistout updo:

curlykinks - Page 2 Th_2009-11-24060722curlykinks - Page 2 Th_2009-11-24075629

curlykinks - Page 2 Th_2009-11-24061522curlykinks - Page 2 Th_2009-11-24061703

Still don't have the front the way I want it. I'm trying to copy this one look I saw on Fotki! I think I'm gonna leave it up until I get to my parents house tomorrow night, then I'm gonna take it down, possibly retwist it and redo it for Thanksgiving Day.

Wish me luck!

Your twist updo looks great. What did you do? It is hard to tell in the pictures, and I cannot enlarge the images.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum