CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask oooop2

+29
Pi*Jay
NikG20
wyldhoney
TriniCherryPrincess
DvaAuNaturel
carfi366
WildOnce
ladybug
BeautifullyImpurfekt
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
svrbrownsuga
NhappyJackie
Mrsafro
Lynnieluve
Dorian
Intelligentbeauty
Hollis
Phoenix
Offandrunning
Ziggs
tiashaunteƩ
yokiedokie
quake_19
dajewel
oooop2
AfrikanLatina
nmoultry
*CurlyNikki*
33 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Ask oooop2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Ask oooop2

Post by oooop2 12th June 2010, 10:44 pm

wyldhoney wrote:Oh my gosh, I think I just found hair triplets!!

Oooop2, no matter what I try I can't get twists that don't look a frizzed out mess by day 3. Me, your daughter and carfi366 all seem to have the same type of hair.

Have you ever managed to get a week out of her twists? I can't seem to achieve that no matter how I try. I need some advice!

Hey....Yes, I can relate to endless frizz w/ my DDs hair. I definitely can't get twist to last beyond 3-4 days on her w/out looking frizzy. However, I have better results w/box braids. I wash, condish, detangle, apply leave in, my shea mix, and some ORS gel. I then apply Vaseline to the bottom half of her hair and plait. I do this til the entire head is done. Then braid into 2 pigtails and leave it alone. At night I spritz w/ water, apply more vaseline to ends, and cover. In the morning it looks great. This style can last about 5-6 days still looking good and feeling soft.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 14th June 2010, 10:42 am

Merci for the advice, oooop2.

I tried twists again yesterday, let's see how long this will last...

Clarified with HEHH & Baking soda mix, then washed out.
DC with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine, and coconut oil, mixed. Sat under my heat cap for 30 mins, then detangled and washed out using HEHH to get the oil out.

Applied HEHH (Can you tell this is the only condish I own? I'm trying to keep it simple) as a leave in, then twisted into 10 twists to help stretch, then braided the twists until my hair was 90% dry.

THEN I spent 3 freaking hours (falling asleep on myself at work today) twisting. More Sleek & Shine, Fantasia IC olive oil gel, and coconut oil to curl up the ends. Then I clipped it down so it would stretch, and scarfed and went to bed.

The coconut oil I think has helped with keeping down frizz. I also believe I was not using enough product before. I'll keep you updated with the progress of this set of twists.

I will do some research on box braids, are they the same as plaits? I usually can't do plaits because they make my hair tangle up something FIERCE!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 2nd July 2010, 12:29 am

wyldhoney wrote:Merci for the advice, oooop2.

I tried twists again yesterday, let's see how long this will last...

Clarified with HEHH & Baking soda mix, then washed out.
DC with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine, and coconut oil, mixed. Sat under my heat cap for 30 mins, then detangled and washed out using HEHH to get the oil out.

Applied HEHH (Can you tell this is the only condish I own? I'm trying to keep it simple) as a leave in, then twisted into 10 twists to help stretch, then braided the twists until my hair was 90% dry.

THEN I spent 3 freaking hours (falling asleep on myself at work today) twisting. More Sleek & Shine, Fantasia IC olive oil gel, and coconut oil to curl up the ends. Then I clipped it down so it would stretch, and scarfed and went to bed.

The coconut oil I think has helped with keeping down frizz. I also believe I was not using enough product before. I'll keep you updated with the progress of this set of twists.

I will do some research on box braids, are they the same as plaits? I usually can't do plaits because they make my hair tangle up something FIERCE!

Hey..Any improvements on your hair? And yes, box braids are basically plaits. They look TERRIBLE on me, but great on my daughters...
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 2nd July 2010, 2:13 pm

Hey ooop, thanks for checking in on me! I have a Curl Street Journal now, so you can always check in for updates on my hair.

I still don't have the twists perfect yet, but I suspect that my hair is just too fine to stay in twists all week. In addition to the spirally hairs, I have some extra-fine ones that seem to be making large curls. These are the ones that escape the twists and make them frizzy.

Next week I am going to try bunning to see if I can participate in your challenge. I have been paying special attention to moisturising my ends and they have been behaving quite well.

I must tell you how much I appreciate your checking up on me! Thanks!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd July 2010, 5:24 pm

I thought of you and your avatar when I saw this:
http://www.nappturality.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2054&Itemid=74

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We would try to enter but it seems A's hair doesn't stand up like that anymore. I'm not sure. Maybe it's the technique. I'll have to show you a pic of her fro from last Summer.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2010, 2:59 pm

QUESTION!!

I see that you have long lucious 4a/b hair... how do you detangle it? I am having the hardest time detangling my hair without clumps of it coming out. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GO BALD OR BACK TO THE CRACK! lol
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 14th November 2010, 3:59 pm

Pi*Jay wrote:QUESTION!!

I see that you have long lucious 4a/b hair... how do you detangle it? I am having the hardest time detangling my hair without clumps of it coming out. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GO BALD OR BACK TO THE CRACK! lol

Hey...Thanks for the question.

I've found the KEY to dealing with our texture of hair is to tackle it in sections.

So before I wash, I place my hair into about 10-12 knots:

I then get into the shower and saturate my hair w/water.

Then 1 knot at a time, I apply poo (I love Giovanni Deep Moisturizing Shampoo or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration in the blue bootle). I massage it into my hair and scalp, then I rinse out all the poo. I then apply I condish (I love Giovanni Deep Moisturizing Condish or HE Hello Hydration Condish in blue bottle), in a downward motion I remove any tangles or shed strands, and retwist back into bantu knot. I do this until my entire head has been shampooed and condish applied. If I am only cowashing, I do the same process, but just eliminate the shampoo step.

I let condish sit on my hair while I take a shower. Then I undo knots, leaving my hair in twist and lightly rinse out the condish. I don't remove all, as I use some as a leave in condish.

I then quickly bantu knot my twist. Then one knot at a time, detangle slowly with my denman brush followed by a small tooth comb, apply some moisturizing cream (been using bee mine, my shea mix, or Qhemet biologic alma oil n heavy cream), and retwist into about 2-3 smaller twist. I do this until entire head is done. Because I hand detangle in the shower under a stream of water during the shampoo/condish process, I find that it is easy to go through my hair w/the Denman. But I can only use Denman on my damp hair.

I then let me hair air dry overnight. In the morning, I either wear in twist:

Or in an updo:

Then in about 2-3 days, I do a twistout:

My twistouts tend to last about a week. I typically wash my hair every 10-12 days.

HTHs and let me know if you have any other questions.

oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th November 2010, 4:35 pm

I have always loves your hair!! Beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 15th November 2010, 5:39 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I have always loves your hair!! Beautiful!

Thanks Sweet!! And OMG, your puff is too cute!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLala 18th November 2010, 1:14 am

Ooop2, I haven't seen you in a while and was wondering where u went. Glad to catch up w/you in the world of hair boards. Your hair is looking fab as ever.
MsLala
MsLala

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 22nd November 2010, 2:33 am

MsLala wrote:Ooop2, I haven't seen you in a while and was wondering where u went. Glad to catch up w/you in the world of hair boards. Your hair is looking fab as ever.

LaLa!!! How are you doing? Yeah, I've been spending my time here lately. But if not here, I'm in the Entertainment Forum on LHCF..LOL
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 20th December 2010, 12:04 pm

Thanks sooo much!!! I have been washing/cowashing my hair in sections since and it has really helped the detangling process go much smoother. I still have some breakage problems but not as much. (starting to think I should maybe try protein???) My hair is no where near as long as yours. Its at that weird stage where its a bit too long to be a TWA anymore, and I cant wash my hair like I did when it was that shorter length.

I also tryed some twists for a few days then a twistout, and it came out really well for the first time!

Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 19th January 2011, 5:12 pm

Pi*Jay wrote:Thanks sooo much!!! I have been washing/cowashing my hair in sections since and it has really helped the detangling process go much smoother. I still have some breakage problems but not as much. (starting to think I should maybe try protein???) My hair is no where near as long as yours. Its at that weird stage where its a bit too long to be a TWA anymore, and I cant wash my hair like I did when it was that shorter length.

I also tryed some twists for a few days then a twistout, and it came out really well for the first time!

Are you seeing any improvements with your hair?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Isbanks88 29th January 2011, 8:04 pm

[b]Hey Dearest,

So I believe we have the same grade of hair... Im always looking at tutorials and seeing how everyone's hair just springs back into place after a wash, or how defined thier texture is in thier hair even when its damp. Im mighty discouraged because my hair DOESNT ever do that. And the only time my texture is defined is when i have conditioner in my hair, and as it drys is POOFS up. Soooo......

1) What can I do to strengthen my hair, when Im washing my hair is always falling out.

2) What do you recommend for the frizz? Only time my twist out work is when I use puddings like KinkyCurly.... But even when I pull them apart my hair is uber frizzy...

Because of my grade of hair should I just stick to twist, I just had a disastorous Bantu Knot Out.... I have a horrible fro. But Im winging it.

Thanks in Advance Dearest

My Scary Bantu
Isbanks88
Isbanks88

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 1st February 2011, 11:24 pm

Hey OOOOp2, I've been watching this thread for sometime. I have started using you shea mix, awesome. My hair feels just the way I've been trying to get it. Thank you for sharing with the Universe.

curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 9th February 2011, 1:37 am

Isbanks88 wrote:[b]Hey Dearest,

So I believe we have the same grade of hair... Im always looking at tutorials and seeing how everyone's hair just springs back into place after a wash, or how defined thier texture is in thier hair even when its damp. Im mighty discouraged because my hair DOESNT ever do that. And the only time my texture is defined is when i have conditioner in my hair, and as it drys is POOFS up. Soooo......

1) What can I do to strengthen my hair, when Im washing my hair is always falling out.

2) What do you recommend for the frizz? Only time my twist out work is when I use puddings like KinkyCurly.... But even when I pull them apart my hair is uber frizzy...

Because of my grade of hair should I just stick to twist, I just had a disastorous Bantu Knot Out.... I have a horrible fro. But Im winging it.

Thanks in Advance Dearest

Hi,

Thanks for the questions. Hope I can help!!

How's your diet? Are you keeping yourself well hydrated drinking lots of water. What products are you putting on your hair. Your hair might be fine, but they products that you are using are damaging to your hair. I tend to like products that are creamy and leave my hair moisturized. I don't DC regularly, but I wash frequently, to keep my hair properly moisturized.

I like using thick creams for my twist. Either my shea mix or Qhemet Biologics alma oil and heavy cream. I don't use styling gel, but you may want to try something like ECO when twisting to see if that helps. How long did you leave your twist in before doing twistouts? Also, did you man-handle your hair a lot after doing the twistouts? When I remove my twist, make sure not to mess with my strands a lot. That way I will have defined twistouts and not a lot of frizz.

My preferred stye is twistouts. I used to wear twists a lot, but found I love volume more, so my twist only last for a day or 2, then I'm in twistouts. But you have to find that style that works best for your hair. Wash n goes are a headache for me b/c it leaves my hair tangled, and I only do bantu knots when I want to create a fluffy fro.

Write down what you are doing/trying on your hair and note it if is working or not and go from there.

HTHs....

My Scary Bantu

curlytee wrote:Hey OOOOp2, I've been watching this thread for sometime. I have started using you shea mix, awesome. My hair feels just the way I've been trying to get it. Thank you for sharing with the Universe.

No problem. Glad you like it Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Ask oooop2 - Page 6 Empty I'm Transitioning and I don't know some terms!

Post by vanx2801 10th February 2011, 1:16 pm

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and to transitioning hair and terms. I've been transitioning for 16 weeks now and it is heck, but seeing your beautiful hairstyles and reading your knowledge gives me hope. I CAN"T WAIT!
So help me out with something. I am new to the transitioning terms and I want to know more
I keep seeing the following sentences:

I'm 4a/b
my CB etc.

since we don't have all day to educate me, where can I find out what these terms and other related terms mean? Thanks! bounce

vanx2801

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 4th March 2011, 2:32 am

vanx2801 wrote:Hi all! I'm new to the forum and to transitioning hair and terms. I've been transitioning for 16 weeks now and it is heck, but seeing your beautiful hairstyles and reading your knowledge gives me hope. I CAN"T WAIT!
So help me out with something. I am new to the transitioning terms and I want to know more
I keep seeing the following sentences:

I'm 4a/b
my CB etc.

since we don't have all day to educate me, where can I find out what these terms and other related terms mean? Thanks! bounce

Hey!! Sorry for the delayed response. Totally forgot that I hadn't responded....

Congrats on your transitioning. Hope you are enjoying the journey learning about you new found texture Smile

4a/b is texture identification. Some are a mixture of several textures. Here is a link for better explanation:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

Not sure what CB stands for.

HTHs...
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Offandrunning 25th March 2011, 3:53 pm

Hi Oooop2

I have a couple of question.....I have been doing as good of a job as i should of taking care of my hair, so i got a good trim today and and really focusing on taken care of it...

I do cowash, and i DC regularly,....but my issue has been styling...i will put in twist then take them out and just leave them out till next wash....urrgh...this has left my hair a mess and i believe what caused me to have split ends and such....

I dont know what to do with my hair after i take the twist out?...i work from home so i usually dont take my twist out till Friday, so my twist out is cute Friday and Sat...Sun is kinda rough,....after that its a matted mess.....

Should i retwist at night?

I dont know what i should be putting on my hair in terms or moisturizer or styler when i take it out. I will coat my hands with coconut oil and un twist my hair but then i dont put anything else in it while its open....i dont know what to put in it....I tried Qhemets Alma and that made it feel greasy...i will put some more oil...but that just gives it shine...it feels really dry...my hair is super super thick so must hair milks ive tried do nothing....so i dont know what to put in my hair as a daily styler i guess is the right word

How do i retwist at night....do i retwist each twist or can i do larger ones now? and what do i put on my hair? do i retwist it dry or do i add product and water?

I cant do flat twist so reg two strands is really all i know how to do to my hair and of course tie a scarf around it and push it back...but just open my hair feels really dry and my end are matted and tangled.....

I really want to focus on retaining length, adding length and having my hair be as healthy as possible...i never put heat on my hair...and really dont plan to anytime soon...but i need more length so i can do some different things like buns and such....

Also when my hair is in the twist doing the week should i be putting anything moisturing on them?

Thanks Oooop

Offandrunning

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6