CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural_Nance

+5
KinkyNappyHappy
jlowman1
SheeTacular
krazy coils
natural_nance
9 posters

Go down

Natural_Nance Empty Natural_Nance

Post by natural_nance 29th June 2010, 10:47 pm

I've been telling myself that once I did the big chop I would come strolling on over to Curl Street, so here I am!!! I transitioned for 10 months and really didn't have any problems I actually planned on going until I made a year but I just decided to go for it! I had my first relaxer when I was 16, why, because everyone else had one. My hair was big and out of control and the only thing I could do with it was bun it and the occasional press out for holidays. Now here I am years later anxiously waiting for big and out of control hair!!

It has been 3 days since my BC and the impatience has gotten to me, I've waited all this time for the one style I'm sure everyone that's transitioned is dying to do.... a Wash n Go! Luckily my busy 18 month old daughter was tired so as soon as she took her nap I headed for the closet with my hair products! Now the ultimate decision; should I go for the KCCC, Miss Jessies, Mixed Chicks, or keep it simple with some Eco Styler. I figured I'd give Miss Jessies a shot first. I washed, conditioned, and shingled my hair as I've seen in all my favorite You Tube videos. I then sat under the dryer waiting to reveal my beautiful curls. When my 30 minutes were up I ran into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.... Can you say HOT MESS!!! I wanted to cry, but I quickly sucked it up and did what I've been doing the past 10 months; I flat twisted my hair. And here I am now wondering what did I get myself into! I know it's just been 3 days but I just knew I would fall desperately in love with my hair, but now I feel just as I did in high school when it came to doing my hair, clueless. But I won't give up this time! Hopefully as my hair grows and with the help of you ladies I'll make it through! Here's a pic of me the day I BC'd along with my little Hair Inspiration "Baby Z"

Natural_Nance Bc11
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Natural_Nance Empty Re: Natural_Nance

Post by krazy coils 29th June 2010, 11:30 pm

Hey Natural Nance and Welcome to Curl Street! Also congrats on your BC! Your flat twist looks really cute and Baby Z is adorable. Since you just did your BC you definitely want to make sure your moisture levels are up by using moisturizing products and deep conditioning your hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th June 2010, 9:05 am

Welcome
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th June 2010, 11:21 am

Welcome to Curl Street!

Congrats on your BC and your little one is adorable! Be patient and learn what your hair needs and wants. It'll definitely be worth the time and effort in the long run... Natural_Nance Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th June 2010, 3:02 pm

Welcome and Congratulations on your BC. I agree with jlowman patience is the key when you start this natural journay. First thing is to try and narrow down a regiment. You will not know what your hair likes in the beginning, but you will learn through trial and error. Check out a few threads here as well as YouTube.

Try to keep it simple, (interesting coming from a PJ) and the best advice I received was from from Chrs is when you find something that works stick with it! HTH

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th June 2010, 3:30 pm

Hi and welcome, I have a baby Z too, her name is Zaria.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 30th June 2010, 7:18 pm

Hey NaturalNance! Welcome to the neighborhood! Your flat twistout is very pretty and your baby girl is a doll!

Now that you BC'd here comes the true test. It's going to take patience and some trial and error, but you will figure out your hair's needs. That's all part of the journey. I cosign with KrazyCoils...conditioning and retaining moisture should be your top priority.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 1st July 2010, 8:34 am

Good Morning!

Thanks for the warm welcome and tips ladies. Moisturizing my hair is definitely something I need to work on, before finding this site the only thing I thought I had to do to upkeep my hair was grease my scalp! Crissy Q our daughter's names are similar mines is Zariah (Mariah with a Z).

I'm in a great mood today partially because it's Friday Eve as we like to call it at my job. And then most importantly because I styled my hair on my own and loved it! My flat twist attempt came out okay; not bad but I wasn't loving it either. So I came home wet it a little and tried different ways to wear it. I'm glad I transitioned for as long as I did because it taught me patience and when one style fails just try another! I really liked how this came out so until I find another style this is how my hair will be for awhile. So without further ado.....

Natural_Nance Style_10

Natural_Nance Style_16

Natural_Nance Style_22
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st July 2010, 12:03 pm

Welcome!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st July 2010, 4:46 pm

Welcome, it is all about trial and error with these natural styles. stay encouraged!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum