CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NC Natural Hair Care Expo 6/19/10

+3
justicenga
DvaAuNaturel
naturallyme09
7 posters

Go down

NC Natural Hair Care Expo 6/19/10 Empty NC Natural Hair Care Expo 6/19/10

Post by naturallyme09 22nd June 2010, 9:19 am

Hi,
Did anyone go to the NC Natural Hair Care Expo? How was it? Thanks!
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

NC Natural Hair Care Expo 6/19/10 Empty Re: NC Natural Hair Care Expo 6/19/10

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd June 2010, 1:25 pm

I attended the NC Natural Hair Care Expo. It was okay. I wasn't all that impressed personally.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 22nd June 2010, 7:45 pm

I didn't go but i heard it was awful.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 23rd June 2010, 11:02 am

justicenga wrote:I didn't go but i heard it was awful.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Okay, since you put it out there....I'd have to agree. I don't think I'd attend another by those promoters/organizers.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 23rd June 2010, 11:55 am

I went and I wouldn't say it was terrible. It definitely lacked organization and overall it was like going to a flea market but we(my hunny & I) didn't think it was bad. Maybe we don't get out enough lol, no but seriously there were some good vendors. I saw a ton of earrings that I wanted to buy but I ended up only buying one pair. I would hope that they continue to come to NC although I won't be here and I pray they get better every year.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by specialk 23rd June 2010, 12:26 pm

I think the venue was too small...and it was hot inside. I will not say it was terrible but overall could use more organization. Maybe next year will be better. It was nice seeing so many Natural Divas in one place [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
specialk
specialk

Back to top Go down

Post by VonAngel 23rd June 2010, 1:19 pm

specialk wrote:I think the venue was too small...and it was hot inside. I will not say it was terrible but overall could use more organization. Maybe next year will be better. It was nice seeing so many Natural Divas in one place [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I have to agree w/ this. The heat caused me to be extremely agitated and moody, and folks saw it in my face, which wasn't good for business. It was quite crowded (which probably contributed to the heat), and they had to set some vendors up (me included) wherever they could find space. We were cramped. More than likely, they chose that location b/c of the low cost (I once priced it for our wedding), size, and convenience--all which sound like it would make for the perfect location. The organization, however, just wasn't quite there. It could've been worse, but I just expected a little more. I do give them credit for the concept tho. W/ some proper organization and time, it could be a successful event.
VonAngel
VonAngel

http://angeliquethenovelist.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 24th June 2010, 2:47 pm

specialk wrote:I think the venue was too small...and it was hot inside. I will not say it was terrible but overall could use more organization. Maybe next year will be better. It was nice seeing so many Natural Divas in one place [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

VonAngel wrote:
I have to agree w/ this. The heat caused me to be extremely agitated and moody, and folks saw it in my face, which wasn't good for business. It was quite crowded (which probably contributed to the heat), and they had to set some vendors up (me included) wherever they could find space. We were cramped. More than likely, they chose that location b/c of the low cost (I once priced it for our wedding), size, and convenience--all which sound like it would make for the perfect location. The organization, however, just wasn't quite there. It could've been worse, but I just expected a little more. I do give them credit for the concept tho. W/ some proper organization and time, it could be a successful event.

Sounds like I should be organizing next year event??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was not that bad. I like the concept and I can see what they was trying to do. The space was small for what they wanted and it was HOT AS HELL in there. When you don't have proper planning LEADING up to the event it can quickly fall through the cracks. I love all the natural women and they did have some good vendors. I give them a B for effort. With some help and a new location it can be a nice event.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by VonAngel 24th June 2010, 11:29 pm

NaturalNixon wrote:Sounds like I should be organizing next year event??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Get 'em, girl! Considering you're local, you have the upper hand.Wink

NaturalNixon wrote:It was not that bad. I like the concept and I can see what they was trying to do. The space was small for what they wanted and it was HOT AS HELL in there. When you don't have proper planning LEADING up to the event it can quickly fall through the cracks. I love all the natural women and they did have some good vendors. I give them a B for effort. With some help and a new location it can be a nice event.
I'm glad you commented on the vendors b/c I didn't get a chance to check any of them out. Anybody have any raves or care to comment on what they bought?
VonAngel
VonAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th June 2010, 12:10 am

Von I got a super cute pair of earrings and some Herbal Peppermint gel from Koils by Nature. I have video of one of the vendors that had some of the flyest earrings I have seen in a long time. I bought one pair from them. I'll try to post the video tomorrow.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by VonAngel 25th June 2010, 3:33 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Von I got a super cute pair of earrings and some Herbal Peppermint gel from Koils by Nature. I have video of one of the vendors that had some of the flyest earrings I have seen in a long time. I bought one pair from them. I'll try to post the video tomorrow.
Oooh, earrings...:: swoon :: I can't wait to see this video!
VonAngel
VonAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 25th June 2010, 8:44 pm

NaturalNixon wrote:
Sounds like I should be organizing next year event??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was not that bad. I like the concept and I can see what they was trying to do. The space was small for what they wanted and it was HOT AS HELL in there. When you don't have proper planning LEADING up to the event it can quickly fall through the cracks. I love all the natural women and they did have some good vendors. I give them a B for effort. With some help and a new location it can be a nice event.

Do you do event planning? That would be awesome!! You know your CN.com "family" would support you. Go for it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 27th June 2010, 3:12 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
NaturalNixon wrote:

Do you do event planning? That would be awesome!! You know your CN.com "family" would support you. Go for it.

Yes Dva I do a lil sumthin sumthin...LOL!! I actually love to plan events of all kind. Let me get my thinking cap on and see what I could work on. I know it is alot of work but if I start now I may be able to pull it off. I can see where they was trying to go with it.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down