CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

+65
PaganWifey
cyclingchick
Buttercup76
iri9109
nattyblog
priceless
QuietButterfly
raina
swoodward
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
NylaCoils
jlowman1
LadyMika
Pi*Jay
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
poeticlyspkng
missmoriah
Karyn
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Winnielours
MellowOne
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LaToya28
NubieNatty
Mz. Thang
MahoganyCurls
blondie
Cherry: extraordinary!
CocoEuro
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
FemmeFox
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
mojitochica
curlykinks
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
beautifuleyez
truet
A85
AfrikanLatina
divadr175
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Blackbeauty
dajewel
BindyMac08
SheeTacular
69 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by TheRYL1 2nd February 2011, 12:51 pm

Hey Shee!

Heading over to check out your vid. Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd February 2011, 5:26 pm

Shee- so glad you're back. I'll be joining that challenge too!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd February 2011, 6:33 pm

boom!!! ur back!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd February 2011, 6:05 pm

Hey lady. I got to get to youtube so I can see your update vid. Four weeks with the yarn braids is pretty good. I get antsy with any twisted/braided style at week 2. Usually I can hold out to week 3, but then I feel like I have to do something else.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 8th February 2011, 6:32 pm

Shee! Glad that you're back! Sorry it took me so long to come by. Missed you lady!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 9th February 2011, 3:23 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Shee!

Heading over to check out your vid. Very Happy
Hey Sis!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Shee- so glad you're back. I'll be joining that challenge too!
Hey Thanks!! I feel like Bill Cosby ...Chall-enge!!! LOL

dajewel wrote:boom!!! ur back!!!!

BOOM I like that!

CocaColaCutie wrote:Hey lady. I got to get to youtube so I can see your update vid. Four weeks with the yarn braids is pretty good. I get antsy with any twisted/braided style at week 2. Usually I can hold out to week 3, but then I feel like I have to do something else.
Yeah i know what you mean. The only reason they lasted that long was because I didn't want to spend the time to take them all down.

FemmeFox wrote:Shee! Glad that you're back! Sorry it took me so long to come by. Missed you lady!!
Hey lady!! Awww thanks for the welcome!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Empty Henna and ACV

Post by SheeTacular 9th February 2011, 3:26 pm

Hola peoples!! I know itā€™s been a long time since Iā€™ve posted a real hair update soooooo here it is!

I was off work a couple of days this week due to a fiasco with my back steps and snow. If you are a FB friend or follow me on twitter you already know about that.

Anyways I mixed henna Monday around 5pm 2 boxes of Jamila henna 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and filtered water until I got the desired consistency. I put the top on my bowl and let it sit. This was the first time I used ACV in my henna mix. When I checked it around 10:30pm the dye was already released. So Tuesday Morning I washed my twists and scalp thoroughly with Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying Shampoo I added honey and cinnamon to my henna mix. I then applied henna to my twists. I took them down one by one smoothed henna mix through the strands and re-twisted.

I put on my plastic cap and wrapped my head in a towel and let it sit for 4 hours. I didnā€™t have my usual latex gloves but I had to right hand rubber gloves but I couldnā€™t seem to work it one handed and the gloves were too big therefore I used my bare hands to apply the henna. Iā€™ve done this foolishness before but my hands are usually yellowish to orange but this time they are like sunset reddish orange. LOL anyways ā€¦. Iā€™ll add some pics laterā€¦.maybe

I rinsed the henna off my scalp and the twists then began to unravel each twist and rinse. This the first time that upon rinsing my hair after hennaing that my hair was uber ,ultra, extraordinarily soft. I probably didnā€™t need to Deep condition but I did anyway because I didnā€™t DC after I took the yarn braids out. Since Iā€™m out of my Bee-U-tiful DC from Bee Mine I used Giovanni 50:50 calming conditioner and Aussie moist with aloe vera juice, castor oil, honey, rosemary essential oil. I put that on my hair then twisted and put on my plastic cap for 1 hour. Then I detangled twist by twist adding more DC as I went and retwisted put the Plastic cap on for another hour (cuz I was tired and my foot was swelling). Then I rinsed and removed the twists.

I used my leave in mix (Giovanni, aloe vera gel, castor oil, olive oil, rosemary eo) and braided the front of my hair to keep it stretched and put the back in a ponytail/bun (cuz I was tired again).

I let my hair air dry for 1 Ā½ hours then twisted my hair with Elasta QP Feels Like Silk styling foam and oyin handmadeā€™s burnt sugar. I used the styling foam for hold so when I where my twist out later in the week it will have some staying power. Well thatā€™s my theory hopefully it proves to be true.

I have shiny full and ā€˜juicyā€™ (to quote DaJewel) looking twists.

I will post pics later.

PS: If you have a Blackberry and would like to join my natural hair group send me a personal message.

I love you all.
May the grace of God and the Sweet Communion of the Holy Ghost rest, rule and abide with you all.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 4:33 pm

Please post the Henna pics! I want to see those juicy twists too. I have a blackberry! I'll PM ya!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 13th February 2011, 6:38 pm

Hey y'all! here are some twist out pics from Saturday! I'm working on a vid now that has my length check and hair ramblings.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Dsci2610

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Dsci2611

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Dsci2612
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th February 2011, 7:15 pm

Twistout looks great Shee! Keep up the great work! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th February 2011, 1:19 am

SHee, these pics are awesome!! You can really see your length here cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th February 2011, 6:24 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Twistout looks great Shee! Keep up the great work! Very Happy
Thanks JLowman!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:SHee, these pics are awesome!! You can really see your length here cheers
Thanks!! That's one of the benefits of hiding my hair in braids for a month. I can see and appreciate my length now.

SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th February 2011, 6:31 pm

I'm on day three of my twist out. I retwisted last night with Koils By Nature Hair and Body Butter in Big twists.

I have also updated my fotki (a lil), my Blog and new vids on YouTube (they are long, don't judge me Smile )
Click the links in my Signature.

TTYL

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Img00010

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 32 Img00011
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd March 2011, 9:45 pm

Hi lovelies! I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. Here are some vids to catch you up. There is also some vids between the 5 day hair and the 8 day hair. There is also a meetup summary vid on my channel. So if you haven't yet please subscribe. Smooches.

SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd March 2011, 9:59 pm

Hi Shee! I enjoyed the videos. I really admire all the curlies who vlog their journey. I shy away from the camera. Wow-an 8 day twist out-you go girl and I love the flat twist updo. It is so neat and even in the back.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd March 2011, 10:15 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Hi Shee! I enjoyed the videos. I really admire all the curlies who vlog their journey. I shy away from the camera. Wow-an 8 day twist out-you go girl and I love the flat twist updo. It is so neat and even in the back.

Thanks I usually don't retwist to stretch my twist out but my hair was so soft after my henna and wash I didn't wanna let it go. The camera is new to me but its ok I just have to make sure my back ground is clean or presentable I don't wanna be on any 'ghetto' websites. lol. My sister helped me part it cuz i am so not good at parting.lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th March 2011, 2:36 pm

I thought of you this moring when I looked at my orange henna hand-see, you're not the only one:)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th March 2011, 2:50 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I thought of you this moring when I looked at my orange henna hand-see, you're not the only one:)

LOL yeah that is real funny!! It's not the first time I've done it. This time I had amazing color lol. My nails are still orange which has made me more diligent on keeping them polished.

SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th March 2011, 2:50 pm

Title Change
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th March 2011, 12:24 pm

hey there! am having issues with my bb and so am waiting for a new one
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st March 2011, 12:13 pm

Hey Ladies!! I'm currently sporting a braid out. I'm glad I finally can get a decent result. It' wasn't intentional but I've been able to keep it maintained so thats cool. You can see it on my latest vid on the YT.

You guys know how I didn't use any gloves when I henna'ed about a month ago. Well, I say this Sally's bag hanging on the door knob on my bedroom door. I was thinking it was extra bottles and plastic caps. I just happened to look in it and there were 2 boxes of gloves!! I know, I know. I can do some lame things...anywho I did henna again last thursday. I'm achieving good color. I will be glad for those sunny days so I can show off my henna hair for real.

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st March 2011, 12:17 pm

I will check the video later! Smooches!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th March 2011, 6:19 pm

Hi Shee,

Thanks for stopping by. Your hair looks great, love the twist out. About the gloves in the bag on the door...lol you're not the only one who does things like that! Sometimes we are smarter than ourselves lol.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th March 2011, 6:44 pm