CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask BostonMaria

+18
anna20204
MissyMani
PearlsNCurls
Russet
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
tsa919
ree1995
opheiliamath
JoyCurl
Intelligentbeauty
MahoganyCurls
raina
NikG20
babygirl84
BostonMaria
NaturalNurse04
Hollis
*CurlyNikki*
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ask BostonMaria - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask BostonMaria

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 31st December 2009, 6:25 pm

Hi Maria,
I have more of a wave pattern than a curl; I would describe it as a C pattern rather than a S. My hair is thick but the actual hair strand is very fine. My prob is it is very easily weighed down yet LOVES moisture & protein. Which products would u recommend for a limp wavy girl? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 2nd January 2010, 7:27 am

Hi Maria,

I haven't tried doing the roller set yet but I think I am going to try this weekend. I do not have the same products as you though. What types of products would you recommend to use as the leave in before rollersetting? Also is it okay to leave my conditioner in for roller setting? Thanks!
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 26th January 2010, 9:53 pm

Hey there Maria,

I am currently transitioning and have heard that the first few inches of new growth is not what your "real" hair will look like since it's just "scab" hair, or hair that is just starting to freshly grow out. Is this true? Did your natural texture change after your BC, or did you notice any change as far as texture/hair type?

TIA!
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Ask BostonMaria - Page 2 Empty Twist and Curl?

Post by PearlsNCurls 12th February 2010, 2:24 am

Hi Maria, I think I have 3C hair, but I'm not really sure. If it is relevant to answer my question, my hair in its wash and go state is in my avatar. And here is another:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's my question: I recently watched Curly Nikki's Twist and Curl how to video. I then did my own...or so I thought. It turned out okay, but not at all as I was expecting. It's nowhere near as pretty as Nikki's or any of the ladies in the forum. I was wondering if you had any idea what I was doing wrong or if you had any tips. The after photos of my twist and curl are below. I twisted it as Nikki does in the video and set the ends on 1.25" rollers; I know Nikki uses 1", but I used what I had. I then left the twists and rollers in from Tues. night until Thurs. morning (I was snowed in), so my hair did have time to fully dry.

Perhpas it was the product I used. I used some Motion's wrapping lotion that I have used previously to set/wrap my hair (I wanted to use it up) and then a shea butter moisturizer/leave in to "seal my ends" (in Nikki's words). Do you think the products are the issue?

Also, I once tried to two strand twist my hair using Curly Pudding and that ended miserably -- much worse than this, but I think that my twists were far too small that time.

PearlsNCurls
PearlsNCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyMani 25th March 2010, 3:23 pm

hello, i am new to transitioning and i need some help. i dont know what's wrong w/ me but for some reason i cannot keep the same hairstyle for more than a day. it seems like i have to keep "refreshing" my hairstyle. ok so if i have a braid out style, later that day, i would have to re-wet re-condition and re-braid my hair. is it b/c i still have some permed hair left or am i not using the right product? i use the organics olive oil line. its just having to go through that long process of re-doing my hair everyday is very tedious and time consuming. im a full-time student so i dont have much time to try and re-do my hair. i am not in any position of giving up on going natural, im just extremely frustrated and need some help. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Mani
MissyMani
MissyMani

https://www.youtube.com/trudamaliandiva

Back to top Go down

Post by anna20204 26th May 2010, 6:38 am

I absolutely love your hair and I have been stalking your fotki
since I did my bc in February. It seems as though as my hair is getting
longer, parts of it are becoming more wavy instead of curly (especially
in the crown area). Is this characteristic of 3b? Thanks! Very Happy

anna20204

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 31st May 2010, 7:57 pm

Maria, where have you been? Haven't seen you on the boards lately.

Anyway my question is what is your current rountine
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by embracingmycurls 26th July 2010, 11:32 am

Hello Maria,
My hair type is mostly 3c with some 3b. I tried to do the twist and curl with the rods on the end. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The front came out nice. However, the back kind of stayed in my curly spiral 3c state. It wasn't smooth or wavy. It looked like my wet and go, just stretched out due to the weight of the rods. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks
BTW: love your hair!
embracingmycurls
embracingmycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by creativecurly 18th October 2010, 1:59 am

Hello Maria,

I'm confused about whether or not I should allow a stylist to straighten my hair before they clip my ends. I don't ever wear my hair straight, but I do need my ends trimmed. My question is, will the heat damage my hair?

I did try to trim my ends and it turned out to be a disaster, LOL!
Thank you
creativecurly
creativecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyKrissy 3rd November 2010, 6:51 pm

Hell My Curly Friends,
About Me: I am a 21 year old college student who have been strugling with my hair,my hair went from Bra strp length to the nape of my neck...Sigh its tough being so young and not feeling as your hair in your glory and seeing other people hair and wishing yours was like that. July 2010 was my last relaxer and I decided I wanted to stop perming my hair. I came across the website and fell in love with it. My only thing is I dont know what my hair texture will be like. I am tranistioning via braids I just took them out yesterday and clipped doing my natural routine fro the first time. I plan to transition until Feb 2011 I will not have to a BC because I am gradually timing,I have inch and a half of natural hair at the back of my head and four inches at the front and middle.

My question do I have to wait to be totally natural to know my hair texture? I am kinda confused with 3c and 4a hair. When I hair is wet I have a distinct s curl shape but I understand people with 4a hair have that too.

My Routine:
Co-Wash: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Deep Conditioner: Aubey Organics HSR with honey
Leave in: Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner
Sealant:Shea Butter
Moisturizer:water,glycerine,100% rosemary and jojabo oil ( still have to get this)
Curl Defing Cream: Recommendation on this please I dont know whivh one to get but I want soft,curly curls....

How do you I keep my hair soft?

Thanks
CurlyKrissy
CurlyKrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum