CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is/ was your major in college??

+40
jellybeanOH
palomastewart
curlista
cocoablaque
TexasNat43
Shrinkage
fanmnatirel
gigihaitiancurly
JossBella
skittledittle07
serenesky04
justicenga
Notthecoolmom
LuvMeLuvMyFro
KnottyKinkyMommy
preciouslady
predestined010
Syrah
curlyfro22
hayylee
SoFlyy
nikismiles
natural83
mverde3
DvaAuNaturel
Peachtree
Sebastain13
LadyMika
Karyn
DreamMerchant
krazy coils
Napp_Napp_Cat
Music8192
CrissyQ
goombagirl
luvinlife225
Ebbz
Curly_Aquarius
44 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is/ was your major in college?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is/ was your major in college??

Post by Curly_Aquarius 6th June 2010, 1:28 am

Karyn wrote:I'm only a junior in high school (soon to be senior, yikes), but I'm only considering two careers right now: a teacher for deaf (or hearing impaired if that was not pc enough [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]) children, preferably little kids cause I don't need the sass lol or a (elementary or even middle) school psychologist. No idea what major though. I only have recently seriously considered the teaching thing, so I have to look into salaries and junk. But yeah. Never in my life would I have believed that I'd consider ANY career in a school LOL. I hate school and have never, ever liked it.

I really want and hope my mom pursues a degree in higher education. I kinda effed her over by being born whilst she was only a freshman, so she never got a chance to really go back to school. Now that I'm about as old as King Tut though, I hope she really considers it.
Karyn, that is great what you are aspiring to do! Smile My cousin is currently in the PhD program for Educational (school) Psychology. I love the fact that so many people have a heart for teaching at a young age and are not just in it for a pay check. Some subs I sub with are just interested in the money not the kids and that breaks my heart. No
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

What is/ was your major in college?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is/ was your major in college??

Post by Curly_Aquarius 6th June 2010, 1:30 am

LadyMika wrote:I didn't finish college, but I'll go back next year. My first major was Journalism, but since that was my stupid miserable cousin's idea. I'm going to major in art and pick up graphics and illustration.
Mika the art thing so seems like you! I think you would be a great Art Major! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 6th June 2010, 1:32 am

Sebastain13 wrote:I jus graduated from college May 2010 with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies w/concentration in psychology

Will b returing in fall to get another undergraduate degree in Gernotology Grades were not where I wanted them 2 b 2 go 2 grad school so I decided 2 go back 2 get another undergrad degree Hope Im making right decision

Certified Nursing Assistant by trade so I would like to have a job doing something with the elderly

Wish me luck ladies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Good Luck to you! Very Happy Next the special needs community, the elderly in the next one close to my heart I think it is great that you want to work with them!Smile
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 6th June 2010, 1:39 am

Peachtree wrote:BA, Social Work
MBA, Human Resources
J.D., working on it!
Business Owner, ultimate career goal!

Used to work as a Licensed Social Worker for a hospital and mental health agency.
Currently work as a HR rep for a large company.
Once I get this darn law degree I'm planning to stay w/my current company, just transfer to the law dept. Smile
Wow, Peachtree you got it going on! all of your goals is what I considered in the past, Good Luck on your business venture:)
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 6th June 2010, 1:45 am

DreamMerchant wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
DreamMerchant wrote:I have a B.S in math and science. I decided to turn that into teaching. So I have a job lined up to teach eigth grade math in August. After 5 years of teaching, I will try to get into the Pharmacy program to be a pharmacist.
Wow, DreamMerchant, I don't think I could do the intermediate teaching I have little patience with kids in that age group but then again when I sub intermediate the kids say I'm so "cool"

It is not that bad if you scare them on the first week of school. If you come out hard then you will have no problems! I took over in the middles of the school year for a 9th grade math class and those kids were jerks. That tacher let them do anything (that is why he was fired in the middle of the year). I was called "nappy headed *&&^*#" and Medusa and all that stuff. By May, those kids were alot more respectful. I had to make alot of calls to so peoples parents. I even had some parents sit in class with their child. Now that was funny!
Girl I am to empathic for middle. high schoolers, I can't be stern and iron fisted! One of my draw backs! Rolling Eyes
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 6th June 2010, 1:48 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:I earned my B.A. in Communications (print journalism concentration). I work for a telecommunications company. I'll be finished with my MBA in December.

But what I really want to do is go to law school. I've wanted to do that since 1998. That damn LSAT is no joke! But that's okay because I'm also starting my prep course end of this summer and plan to take the test in Oct. and again in Feb (if needed).

Hope to start school Fall 2011.
Wow, Dva! you have accomplished alot! I was thinking about after my Master's when the kids are all gone, I MIGHT go try and take the LSAT to enter Law School, I wish you much success Dva, I really do!Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 6th June 2010, 1:50 am

mverde3 wrote:I'm currently majoring in Biology and minoring in psychology and chemistry. I think I might also get a certificate in African and African Diaspora studies. I guess I really love learning lol Smile I plan on going to medical school in the future to be a pediatrician. I also want to open up clinics in underprivileged societies (with help from all areas of study: social work, nursing, international relations, everything) to give health care to those who really have problems getting it. If I don't get into med school, I'm still going to work in health care in the community
Mverde, you have a plan to help those that really need help, I dig that! Smile Good luck in all your future plans!Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by * 7th June 2010, 9:03 am

Information Technology..any others out there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 11:55 am

* wrote:Information Technology..any others out there Smile
That sounds interesting??
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by * 7th June 2010, 12:16 pm

It is Smile lots of reading [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 12:24 pm

* wrote:It is Smile lots of reading [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sounds like my C&F Development classes, I much rather watch a powerpoint anyday for real!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 7th June 2010, 8:43 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
mverde3 wrote:I'm currently majoring in Biology and minoring in psychology and chemistry. I think I might also get a certificate in African and African Diaspora studies. I guess I really love learning lol Smile I plan on going to medical school in the future to be a pediatrician. I also want to open up clinics in underprivileged societies (with help from all areas of study: social work, nursing, international relations, everything) to give health care to those who really have problems getting it. If I don't get into med school, I'm still going to work in health care in the community
Mverde, you have a plan to help those that really need help, I dig that! Smile Good luck in all your future plans!Very Happy

Thanks so much CA !! Smile
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 11:13 pm

mverde3 wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:

Thanks so much CA !! Smile
You are welcome! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 8th June 2010, 2:02 am

I graduated college in 2005 with a B.S. in Marketing! Im trying to get my mind right NOW to go back for my masters...praying that I can go back full time in the fall of 2011! I want to either get an MBA or a Master's in Marketing communications or Communications Management. Im really trying to get my mind right to start applying for schools, so please pray for me!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by nikismiles 8th June 2010, 1:08 pm

Me! Well, not exactly seeing as I'm only a junior in high school but the IT field is an idea I've been thinking about since I was 11. I want to be a front end web designer/developer (if being a MUA doesn't work out lol) Smile

What career are you interested in that field?

If Not IT or Computer Science with a minor in art then Marketing w/ a minor in art. There's a 90% chance I'm going to end up as a freelancer in whatever I do so I figured marketing will help me with 'marketing' myself.

@natural83 how do you like working in marketing?

nikismiles

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 9th June 2010, 12:26 am

natural83 wrote:I graduated college in 2005 with a B.S. in Marketing! Im trying to get my mind right NOW to go back for my masters...praying that I can go back full time in the fall of 2011! I want to either get an MBA or a Master's in Marketing communications or Communications Management. Im really trying to get my mind right to start applying for schools, so please pray for me!!!!
Wow, Marketing? My hubby took some of those classes and let's say statistics are not one of his strong points! I will def pray that you get your mind right to go back for your Master's Degree Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 9th June 2010, 12:27 am

nikismiles wrote:
Me! Well, not exactly seeing as I'm only a junior in high school but the IT field is an idea I've been thinking about since I was 11. I want to be a front end web designer/developer (if being a MUA doesn't work out lol) Smile

What career are you interested in that field?

If Not IT or Computer Science with a minor in art then Marketing w/ a minor in art. There's a 90% chance I'm going to end up as a freelancer in whatever I do so I figured marketing will help me with 'marketing' myself.

@natural83 how do you like working in marketing?
Niki much success in all of your future plans! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by SoFlyy 9th June 2010, 2:47 am

Almost done with my health sciences/pre-clinical degree. I plan on attending grad school to become a physician assistant. I have been working in the hospital since 16 and I'm very compassionate about helping others. It's getting difficult but I have to pull through. I'm young, with no kids, and financial support so there is no reason for me not to finish. You ladies are smart and dedicated. keep it up. I'm proud of my natural sistas!
SoFlyy
SoFlyy

Back to top Go down

Post by * 9th June 2010, 12:12 pm

@nikismiles...maybe a network administrator, or security. I haven't quite made my mind up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] because they both seem interesting...Many wishes on your chioces

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 9th June 2010, 7:52 pm

After I get my bachelor's in communications, I want to get a masters in either higher education or marketing. Anyone with a degree in education or marketing that could offer some advice?
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 10th June 2010, 4:38 am

SoFlyy wrote:Almost done with my health sciences/pre-clinical degree. I plan on attending grad school to become a physician assistant. I have been working in the hospital since 16 and I'm very compassionate about helping others. It's getting difficult but I have to pull through. I'm young, with no kids, and financial support so there is no reason for me not to finish. You ladies are smart and dedicated. keep it up. I'm proud of my natural sistas!
My sister is a PA Ortho/Surgery and getting paid very well great career goal! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 10th June 2010, 4:40 am

Napp_Napp_Cat wrote:After I get my bachelor's in communications, I want to get a masters in either higher education or marketing. Anyone with a degree in education or marketing that could offer some advice?
Natural83 has a degree in Marketing and DreamMerchant is Middle/High School teacher maybe they can offer you some advice Smile
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 10th June 2010, 11:54 pm

natural83 wrote:I graduated college in 2005 with a B.S. in Marketing! Im trying to get my mind right NOW to go back for my masters...praying that I can go back full time in the fall of 2011! I want to either get an MBA or a Master's in Marketing communications or Communications Management. Im really trying to get my mind right to start applying for schools, so please pray for me!!!!

I'm graduating in May with a degree in Marketing. Any tips on getting jobs??
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyfro22 19th June 2010, 6:04 pm

im a double major in childhood/special education and im minoring in psychology!

hopefully i will graduate in the next year and a half.
curlyfro22
curlyfro22

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 20th June 2010, 12:30 pm

sadia21 wrote:im a double major in childhood/special education and im minoring in psychology!

hopefully i will graduate in the next year and a half.
So we are basically the same major! bounce
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next