CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRODUCT BUILD UP

2 posters

Go down

PRODUCT BUILD UP Empty PRODUCT BUILD UP

Post by pamela_atl 2nd June 2010, 3:30 pm

Hello Guys,

How do you prevent product build up during the week from all of the gels, leave in conditioners..etc and still maintain your curl pattern.

sprayed hair with Jane Carter leave in condition, twisted out with echo styler, mosturized with Miss Jessie butter cream and used tea tree oil for shine. my hair now is a sticky mess! what am I doing wrong? I just want my hair to feel clean with minimum to no product build up...

HELP...SOS....

Pam.

pamela_atl

Back to top Go down

PRODUCT BUILD UP Empty Re: PRODUCT BUILD UP

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd June 2010, 12:01 pm

pamela_atl wrote:Hello Guys,

How do you prevent product build up during the week from all of the gels, leave in conditioners..etc and still maintain your curl pattern.

sprayed hair with Jane Carter leave in condition, twisted out with echo styler, mosturized with Miss Jessie butter cream and used tea tree oil for shine. my hair now is a sticky mess! what am I doing wrong? I just want my hair to feel clean with minimum to no product build up...

HELP...SOS....

Pam.
On follow up days, I spritz with water then apply a mix of glycerin and aloe (hair loves aloe so it is a 70:30 mix). To moisturize, I use the product I used initially and seal with oil.

If you applied products as you listed, I would suggest using the JC LI, tea tree oil then MJ's butter cream. What tea tree oil are you using? Most add it to spritzes, conditioners, etc. They typically do not use it to seal as it seems you may be doing.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down