CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Frizzcurls427

+17
Peggy
jamaicacurl
curlyq145
curlyamazon
Ziggs
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
NikG20
FemmeNaturale
jad928
cococurly
desma natural in combat
curlista
D-Lish
Frizzcurls427
Sunni J
*CurlyNikki*
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ask Frizzcurls427 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask Frizzcurls427

Post by Frizzcurls427 15th November 2009, 6:32 pm

Ur welcome. Yes PMTheConditioner is a leave in actually and to me it is very moisturizing and works very well with Eco styler gel Smile

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggs 16th November 2009, 10:00 pm

Frizzcurls427, I love the shape of your hair. Did you cut it into a bob, or is that just the way it grows?
Ziggs
Ziggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 16th November 2009, 11:35 pm

Hi Ziggs! Thank you Smile The last time I did a trim was a while ago (maybe 6 months) It's about time for another but anyway if you are referring to the last three pics on the update interview Nikki did on me than I would have to say that the shape is a result of the way it has grown out.

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 17th November 2009, 1:23 pm

Frizzcurls427 wrote:Thanks NikG20! So are you and your daughter! Bless you both! I love your site and I'm already addicted and plan to try one of the styles featured on the site on my daughter this weekend :/ Girl! I hope to do a good job...I want my baby to look her best! As far as the OCM! Give it a go!! I hope you achieve great results as many others have! Let me know how it works!

Thank you so much! You do a great job with your hair so I'm sure your daughter's hair will look great!! Let me know how it turns out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Ask Frizzcurls427 - Page 2 Empty Where to do a BC in North Carolina

Post by curlyamazon 21st November 2009, 4:51 pm

Hi FC,

Let me first say, thank you so much for offering advice. Your hair is gorgeous and so is your skin. Seriously, OMG!! But on to my issues...I'm not a newbie to being natural. I got my last relaxer in the late fall of 2005. I didn't know then how to take care of my transitioning hair and felt that with my features and height I was just NOT PRETTY ENOUGH to pull of a BC and TWA. People would think I was a man...I'm 5'10", by the way. So I did the slow transition. I never BC'd my hair, just kept the same trim schedule as I did with a relaxer and either flat ironed or washed and go'd. Fast forward to now and I have years of heat damage that I have been trying to rehab for the past two years. I've made a lot of progress. My hair is now soft. It has retained some length, though I know I have suffered a lot of breakage. Flat ironed (which I admit I haven't done in about two whole months, a VERY big deal for me) it is BSL.

I have come to terms with the fact that I need to cut off about 7 ruler inches (not beautician inches (another issue)) becuase I have splits/holes within the strands of much of my hair. Some of these splits are just a fraction of a centimeter long and near the end tips of my strands. Some are are up to an inch long. Many of my strands have several 'holes' in them. Some of these holes go up six inches from the ends of my hair. I could Search and Destroy for hours at a time weekly (and I have for the past month and a half) and not get them all. Any tips? If you're local to NC, where did you get your hair BC'd?
curlyamazon
curlyamazon

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 22nd November 2009, 10:40 pm

Hey D-Lish, sorry so late...Been out of town Smile Yes, you sure can use PM the Conditioner as a leave in...That is actually what it is so give it a try! Let me know what you think.

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 27th November 2009, 11:06 am

Hi Frizzcurls,

LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair and skin!! Can you walk me through how you use the KKCC with the denman brush? When I use it I finger style my hair and it doesn't turn out nowhere near how yours looked! Also, when I sleep on it (with bonnet) I wake up to smashed curls!! If you experienced that pls advice as to what you do to wake them up and if you reapply KKCC? I'm thinking of buying the spritz serum by KKCC but if I can do it cheaper then that would be better. Do you know what hair type you are? I'm stomped on what mine is and I read somewhere that it helps to know what it is so that you can know what to buy for your hair instead of going through trial and error(even though it can be fun and frustrating at the same time).
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 27th November 2009, 9:07 pm

Hi curlyq145 Smile The way I apply KCCC is by dividing my hair into four sections and then starting in the back I part my hair into smaller sections and just smooth the KCKT(Kinky Curly Knot Today) down my hair with my hands then I apply the CC the same way and finish by using my denman by gently brushing to distribute the product more evenly by starting from the ends and moving up to the roots and once I can easily brush through that section I finish with one swipe with the denman from roots to ends. That's it! Voila...Continue to part smaller portions of hair from the four divided sections so you can evenly distribute product throughout your hair. Even product distribution is key to getting a better "set" meaning when your hair drys and you sleep on it the product should protect it from smashing...I suggest putting your hair up in a high ponytail at night once you have added product and your hair has dried because it helps to prevent the smooshing effect as opposed to just sleeping on your hair with nothing but a satin cap or on a satin pillow case as your hair is lifted up on top of your head so the length will have a lesser chance of getting smashed. Hope that helps Smile I tried to explain as best I could but if you have more questions just pop back in...

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 27th November 2009, 9:28 pm

Frizzcurls, thanks so much for replying and I will be sure to try that out and report back. Hopefully the style will hold with that. I finally put up a pic and it's a side view of my first TNC and I love it but I know that I'm gonna have problems maintaining it. my hair is cottony soft and even when I had a perm it wouldn't hold curls w/o having to redo it. My hair is about 3-4 inches long(maybe a little longer) when wet (pls go to my fotki and tell me if I'll be able to do the pineapple-ing or something in order to preserve the twist and curl w/o having to redo them. Thanks again for replying!
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 28th November 2009, 8:36 pm

Curlyq145, I just checked out your fotki! I saw the pic you had of your ponytail but I couldn't tell if it was loose or tight...The pineapple should be a loose high ponytail so you don't end up with flattened out sides if ya know what I mean...Seems like your hair would be long enough to do a loose puff Smile or if you really want to preserve your style I would twist it up in about 10-12 twists at night with shea butter or coconut oil(just a little) and that would definitely give you a few more days of wear until your hair grows to a length wear you can do a loose high ponytail Smile Does that help?

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 28th November 2009, 10:42 pm

awwww thanks frizzcurls for the reply. It does help. I attempted the high ponytail and it didn't work the curls were still somewhat flat so i pulled it up into a ponytail today. I was sooo hoping it would work but I think the only way it's gonna work is to wait for more length and retwist (which I was trying to avoid). How long did it take your hair to grow? It seems like everyone I've asked has said that it took a couple of years to get some length to it(when it dries in it's natural state). It seems to me like my hair is growing sooo slow and my impatience doesn't help.
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 1st December 2009, 9:50 pm

Hi Frizzcurls,

I have a question about the OCM. I've been doing it every 2 or 3 days for the last 2 weeks and I really like the results. However, I noticed that I have bumps on my forehead, nose and cheeks that have been coming up but they are going down. I figure this is the whole "it gets worse before it gets better" thing. Do you think if I stick with it this will go away or could this be a sign of something else?

Thanks in advance!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 3rd December 2009, 11:11 pm

OMG! Curlyamazon, please accept my apology as I was just scrolling through and realized that I totally missed your post! Sad I hope you didn't think I just ignored you. Please forgive me...On to your question...My suggestion would be to just go to a natural salon or a salon you are familiar with to get the bc...Alot of people do it themselves but I can't suggest something that I haven't tried...I just felt more comfortable going to a stylist who knew what they were doing....Not all of them know how to cut but I was referred to a girl named Ebony who worked at a salon (I don't remember the name) that is off of Capital Blvd in the same shopping center where Aldi's grocery store is...I don't remember the name bc it only said "SALON" outside...No actual name...I am not sure if she still works there or not but what I liked about it is that it wasn't a very busy salon so when I got my bc it was more of a private experience without people staring or commenting...I was lucky Smile I was the only person in there besides one other lady who was a client of hers...That was it...She was excellent with cutting! She cut the heck out of my hair (in a good way of course)! And she was real cool! Great, down to earth personality! She normally did relaxed heads but she did say some of her clients were natural...She was very knowledgeable about hair in general and didn't speak negatively about natural hair...If I can find out her number and see where she is I will come back in and let you know if you're interested. If not, I suggest asking someone who you know or if you already are familiar with someone you want to do your bc I say go for it! Hope that helps! You could be bold and do it yourself...I just didn't have the balls to do it myself! lol

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 3rd December 2009, 11:35 pm

Jamaicacurl, hmmm that is a difficult question because it could be one or two of many things :/...You may need to switch to a different oil because some oils don't work for everybody...Or if you used the Olive oil/Castor oil mix you may need to add more castor oil as it acts as a cleansing agent...You could just be experiencing a breakout because of other factors like diet, stress, hormones or sometimes the hair products you use can cause breakouts...I recently experienced this myself and when I stopped using the particular hair product the breakouts stopped...Not saying this could be the case for you...What type of moisturizer do you use if any? Do you drink water regularly or have you been lately since you did say the bumps came up after the OCM right? It should go away but try this: I did notice that when I was using my bentonite clay mask regularly (once every week) I didn't have a problem with breakouts...Seriously, that stuff is the truth too! I just mix a small amount of clay (enough for one use) with two drops of peppermint essential oil and distilled/filtered water until it is like a thick, heavy mud...I apply immediately after I get it to a smooth not clumpy texture and let it sit until it dries all the way or no longer than 15 minutes...Also, 100% aloe vera gel (small amt) mixed with 1-2 drops of tea tree oil applied after cleansing at night on the pimples should help as well...Tea tree oil is anti-bacterial and fights acne very well...I just suggest using it only on the acne-prone areas until they clear up and test the tea tree oil on a small area of skin to see if you are sensitive to it or not unless you already have used it with success...Hope this helps...It may sound like alot but the mask is only applied once a week, the OCM is every few days and the tea tree/aloe gel mix would be every night until the bumps disappear...Let me know what you think and if you decide to try what I suggested come back and let me know whether it worked out or not Smile

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy 4th December 2009, 9:23 pm

i'm in the same situation as jamaica curl. i posted the below under Skin > Oil Cleansing Method:

Ok... so breakouts are expected? Makes sense. I first heard of the OCM
on CN's site and immediately tried it and loved it... but now two weeks
later, I have these awkward breakouts... no black/white heads.. just a
lil swollen, red, around my cheek areas, then it goes away (UBER
annoying). I usually only get a pimple or two during my period but now
I'm like a lil upset by this. I want to keep trying the OCM but I don't
know if I should.

Aside from the breakouts, my skin is
glowing and smooth. I love the OCM. So I'm wondering if my skin is just
releasing toxins and unblocking my pores? And if so, how long does this
period last?

Also, I've recently incorporated Cetaphil in my routine since I needed a mild cleanser.

Maybe I'll OCM a few times a week as opposed to nightly.

Maybe I should have also posted here.
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Ask Frizzcurls427 - Page 2 Empty questions for frizzcurls427

Post by transitionedgal 6th December 2009, 4:00 am

Hi there,
I am a fan of your hair as well. I wanted to know how you do your wash -n-go's. I have never done one and would like to know if it is as easy as it sounds. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

also I saw your hair straightend before, do you or have you ever used chi silk infusion to straighten your hair and if so did you like the results and how do you use it? did you hair revert quickly once straightened?

thank you so much for your times
transitionedgal
transitionedgal

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 11th December 2009, 1:07 pm

I'd just like to ask whether or not Henna has loosened your curls a bit. Nikki's curls were loosened, according to her posts showing the pic difference, and I am scare for my own curls to just disappear. I am a 4a with 3c in the back. If anything, I think my 3c curls may disappear with a henna application. I'd like to have more strength, shine and softness to my coarse hair
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 11th December 2009, 6:52 pm

Thanks Frizzcurls427! I tried your oil cleansing method and it works GREAT! So much so that the ladies over in the over 35 thread asked me what I was doing. (I'm 38). Check it out...

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/35-and-older-naturalswhere-are-you-and-what-are-you-wearing-t968-25.htm#17635

Thank you so much for sharing the knowledge! woot!
savvybrown
savvybrown

http://savvybrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 3rd January 2010, 1:26 am

Jamaica Curl and Peggy I have a follow up on your postings/questions about the OCM and breakouts! lol...I too was experiencing breakouts with this method recently and was like "Oh No! What is going on?!" Well, after doing a little more research I found that due to changes in hormone levels(especially during our menstrual cycle), diet, and stress levels our sebum production can increase or decrease depending on the person...I found that the same person who I learned of the ocm from mentioned that she follows up the oil cleansing with a regular cleanser just to really ensure that the skin's surface is clean...When we steam our face we are opening our pores which can invite surface bacteria to re-invade our pours and result in more pimples and if you are oily like myself you want to be sure you have gotten rid of any residue/oil/makeup then close your pours by doing a final rinse with cool/lukewarm water. Short recap of the OCM: MAssage the oil mix of choice into your skin gently but thoroughly, take a wash cloth soaked in hot water and place it over your face to steam(open your pores) and repeat the steaming process if you feel it is necessary. Then, using a small amount of your cleanser of choice (I use Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash)gently cleanse the skin once and rinse, rinse, rinse and let your final rinse be with cool water Smile I then follow with a toner(Bragg's ACV). I don't know what has caused an influx in pimple activity on my face but it came on in full effect and I tried to understand why which led me to do more research on it because I know it works! And this is what I found so I hope you all see this message and try it. If you do please come back and let me know the outcome....I hope this helps:)

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 3rd January 2010, 1:34 am

Hi D-Lish! Sorry for my tardiness! If strength, shine and softness are what you're looking for it can certainly be achieved with henna:) As far as loosening your curl, The looser your curl the looser the henna can make it but I wouldn't worry about it much because it is only a temporary side effect of the henna because when you apply it it is heavy so it stretches your hair out a bit and when you rinse it may still seem loosened but if you give it a few days maybe after several rinses of the henna it will begin to bounce back. I think the frequency in henna application affects elongation a great deal as well because the more you apply it the more your hair will be stretched out...Nikki started off going hard applying henna back to back (every week or next day application after the initial henna) to speed up her process so I think as long as you space out your applications (say every month) and don't try to speed it up by doing henna back to back you should be fine...Hope I was helpful:)

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 3rd January 2010, 1:36 am

Hi savvybrown! That's right! Spread the word about OCM!!! Glad you like it! And I'll be sure to check out the article

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by danycurls 19th February 2010, 12:56 am

hi frizzycurls thank for taking the time to answer our questions. i have a bad case of facial acne , can you help?
danycurls
danycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 10th March 2010, 4:32 am

Hi FrizzyCurls,
I have really oily skin and it really annoys me. Do you recommend anything? Nothing I use works for me. I hate wearing make-up because after a while I look like a grease monkey :/
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 9th September 2010, 9:15 pm

danycurls wrote:hi frizzycurls thank for taking the time to answer our questions. i have a bad case of facial acne , can you help?

Danicurls, girl...I haven't been on here in ages! lol...I just peeped in and saw that two people left questions for me including you...SMH...Sorry I took an eternity...I pray your acne problem has let up! Has it? How bout I send you a pm?...lol

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum