CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shoco324**One Month Anniversary**

+3
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
shoco324
7 posters

Go down

shoco324**One Month Anniversary** Empty shoco324**One Month Anniversary**

Post by shoco324 21st May 2010, 3:58 am

This must have been my 10th time clicking "New Topic" in CSJ, wanting to start one of my own...I keep thinking I don't have enough insight, wisdom to contribute to CN community as so many of you have already done for me...but here I am, eager to soak up your knowledge and assist in any way possible...

To the Ladies of CN, THANK YOU!!!!

Now, let's celebrate...

May 16th was my one month anniversary of my BC!!! I have seen great improvement in length and texture...I'm a major PJ and have tried many products, many of which have become daily staples and some that I've decided to try again when my hair gets longer...

This is my second go-around at being natural...the first was from September 2000 to February 2004...my last relaxer was August 1, 2009...during the years my hair was relaxed, my hair was very healthy and grew a lot...I noticed since my relaxed days that minimal was optimal for length and my only exposure to heat was when I got my wash-and-set every 2-3 weeks...in between my trips to the salon, I would wrap and that's it...no oil sheen, grease, mousse, nada...just a paddle brush and scarf...

Becoming natural again was not planned...I got my first set of Senegalese twists in October 2009 out of laziness...I've never had any synthetic anything in my hair before, so I was very worried especially about my edges...but I have a wonderful stylist (plug: if you live in the Palm Beach, FL area, let me know...she does the most amazing twists and you don't lose your edges...)

Anyways, 6 months later and two sets of twists, I BC'd out of frustration...my straight ends kept getting tangled and so clumps of hair was coming out...and with this new chance at doing it right, I am trying my best to do what my hair needs and wants...

BC...
shoco324**One Month Anniversary** 2010-013
shoco324**One Month Anniversary** 2010-014

One month later...
shoco324**One Month Anniversary** 2010-015
shoco324**One Month Anniversary** 1_mont11
shoco324
shoco324

Back to top Go down

shoco324**One Month Anniversary** Empty Re: shoco324**One Month Anniversary**

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 8:31 am

Hi Shoco...

Welcome to CSJ **waving**

I have learned so much here. Don't know if I've helped a soul, but honey I've been helped!!

You are going to enjoy it here. Cute BC..pictures. I transitioned for 5 1/2 months..but had to bc for the very same reason you did!!

I am a PJ and I'm going into rehab after my birthday in June!!! LOL Why June cause I just can't to it cold turkey...it's a process!! lol!

Look forward to following your journey!!!

Congratulations on you 1 month anniversary...don't you love being natural!!! woot!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 9:10 am

Welcome to the neighborhood!!!

Everyone thinks they have to contribute something to be a apart of the Curl Street Journal but you don't. It's a place to journal your hair's progress and get help in areas where you need help. By doing this, you ARE helping someone else who may just be reading (lurking/stalking) and scared to "say" something.

I'm glad you've joined us. Congratulations on one month natural! This is your second and last time, right? shoco324**One Month Anniversary** Icon_biggrin

I look forward to following your journey!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 21st May 2010, 9:49 am

Welcome to CSJ! Your hair is cute chica happy first anniversary.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st May 2010, 11:58 am

Welcome to Curl Street! & Congrats on your one month anniversary! shoco324**One Month Anniversary** Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 22nd May 2010, 1:54 am

Congrats! Your hair is growing nicely.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 1:10 pm

welcome!! giiiiiirl kick ur feet up n feel right at home! i dont have much to contribute either but i guess people stop pass my house to be entertained shoco324**One Month Anniversary** Icon_rolleyes which i SO dont do intentionally, i just pretty much speak whatever's on my mind...which can actually be dangerous shoco324**One Month Anniversary** Icon_evil

im excited to see u learn ur journey!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down