CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!!! I have not cue what I'm doing :(

2 posters

Go down

HELP!!!! I have not cue what I'm doing :( Empty HELP!!!! I have not cue what I'm doing :(

Post by Cute n Curly 20th May 2010, 2:34 am

I have not had an relaxer for about 3yrs. I have been coving up my hair w/weaves and I hate it with a paasion. About 3 months ago I did a big chop (man did my head look like a tennis ball...LoL), but in about 3 weeks I had a head full of new natural hair (twa of course). Now I'm ready to love the hair I'm in, and I would like to go CG and I'm not sure as to the steps to take. I have 4b type hair and I'm afraid my hair will not curl. I would like to Henna for the 1st time for a really good deep conditioner. I pruchased both Dulhan and Punjabi Prime Henna, green tea and honey (do I mix both henna products for better results?). I'm not sure what steps to take and I'm very scared my hair will not curl. Can someone, anyone please help me, I have no idea what I'm doing or what products to use.

P.S.
I have been watching a lot of Mahogany Curls (Jess) vidoes on going CG, so I have purchased the products that she uses.
Cute n Curly
Cute n Curly

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!! I have not cue what I'm doing :( Empty Re: HELP!!!! I have not cue what I'm doing :(

Post by CocoEuro 20th May 2010, 5:08 am

Hey Cute & Curly, caring for your hair is not that hard and don't be scared...it's not that much different than relaxed hair just tweak a few steps here and there...

Skip on shampoos weekly, do co-washes..and wash your hair when you have build up or when you feel you need to.

If you hair is really dry, try leaving conditioner in your hair...

also, you have to experiment with products that works for your hair and your environment.

Here is an example of what I do, this is just to give you a base, I'm sure you will have to tweak it for your hair.

Weekly
- wash scalp with My Honey Child scalp cleanser
- wash hair with a thin conditioner or lo poo shampoo (sulfate-free)
- deep condition
- apply leave-in conditioner, seal moisture with oil, apply styler (gel or cream)
-style (I do two-strand twists)

Monthly
-Wash hair with Shampoo
-Henna
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum