CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer

+9
missmoriah
bholmes87
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Beautifulyfe
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer Empty Beautifulyfe: Anticipating National Afro Day!!

Post by Beautifulyfe 13th May 2010, 10:31 pm

I have finally settled down to begin my CurlStreet Journal. I just love that title, it sounds like a magazine or something. That was real random lol. Ok so I am 2 years and month into my natural hair journey. I am loving every minute of it but for some reason the front of my hair is not cooperating. 6 inches from the root looks like blown out natural hair and the last 2 just straight. I refuse to believe that after 2 years and trimming my hair every 3 months I still have relaxed ends Im just not gonna believe it.

Today boredom almost took over. I wanted to cut those 2 inches but I controlled the urge. I will be cutting maybe an inch this weekend when I do my wash. And I am super excited on the protective styles I am going to be experimenting with. For Mem Day Wknd I will be putting in individual braids with my hair. And I am going to attempt a short Rhianna like do with weave and an invisble part. We'll see how it goes.

B-Y-E

Last edited by Beautifulyfe on 2nd July 2010, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer Empty Re: Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer

Post by Lynnieluve 13th May 2010, 10:33 pm

Welcome to the neighborhood!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 13th May 2010, 10:34 pm

Thanks and I love the style in your avatar
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th May 2010, 11:08 pm

Welcome to Curl Street. You will love it here!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th May 2010, 11:49 pm

Thanks!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th May 2010, 6:16 pm

Welcome to CURL STREET! Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th May 2010, 6:38 pm

Welcome!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 15th May 2010, 1:52 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes ladies...

Today my hair was begging to be washed, I could not stop scratching my hair and all the gook under my nails afterwards Ugghhhh. I'm sure you didn't wantthat visual lol. Anyway I have been rocking twists for the past 3 weeks washing and retwisting every Sunday and this week will be no different. Im gonna thug it out one more day. I try to rock a braid out on Saturdays (sounds confusing since I have twists? I take out the twist and braid them thats all). If it comes out cute I'll post pics.

B-Y-E
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th May 2010, 10:49 am

Welcome to CSJ...you are going to love it here!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th May 2010, 5:42 pm

lol love the signature "B-Y-E"

welcome and im lookin forward to that rhi-rhi style!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 16th May 2010, 1:32 am

@Nubie Lol Thanks... And Rhi Rhi is coming I cant wait
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th May 2010, 5:09 pm

Just adding another welcome to the bunch! I can't wait to see the Rhi Rhi!! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 22nd May 2010, 3:45 pm

For the last few days I've been so angry when I look in the mirror. Bad hair day? Nope I wish. The person who did my eyebrows got a little thread happy and took off waaayyyy too much. I purposely grew them out for a month since the last person messed up the shape and had me walking around with 2 different eyebows. My brows looked something wicked for the past week or so since , but I knew it would be worth it after I got them done. Unfortunately that didn't happen. So I will be trying again. (I needed to vent sorry)

I cheered up today when I went to Target and purchased some Sheamoisture Deep Treatment Masque. I have heard so many good things about it here on CN so I decided to try it. I'm going to take a break from my Aubrey Organics to see what this is like. My cheerfulness didn't last long because they didn't have my Giovanni Shampoo and I tried Pathmark where I always get it from and they didnt have any either. I'm getting a little worried cause where am I going to get it from now. Tomorrow is a wash day and I'm about to go into panic mode.

Signing off in a Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer Icon_sad state of mind...
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 3:47 pm

lol cheer up, its not that bad. i know i always take a chance when i let someone touch my brows and i aint got none so i cant afford for em to get messed up!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 22nd May 2010, 3:53 pm

Hey Girl, Welcome to curl street. Im glad your here! Dont you hate when they do you like that. I will specifically say don't do them too thin, and what do I get? Half a centimeter eyebrows. LOL I just started doing them myself so they are how I want them. Cheer up though. The good thing is they grow back! Hope your having a good weekend.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 22nd May 2010, 3:58 pm

Thanks MissMoriah and Nubie... Thank God they grow back and I am thinking about doing them myself from now on but if I mess up I won't have anyone to blame it on lol.

@Moriah Do you tweeze them?
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 22nd May 2010, 4:00 pm

That is exactly why i do them. LOL and yes I do tweeze as well as use the little brow razor.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd May 2010, 7:40 pm

I hope you find your Giovanni Shampoo soon. I dont know what I will do if I couldnt find my beloved Giovanni Direct Leave In.....you are making me nervous....I think they next time I will pick up a bottle or two. My current bottle is about half full.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th May 2010, 12:28 pm

Stopped by, caught up on what I have missed, sounds like you have a plan for your hair for the next few weeks.

Sorry to hear about your brows. I do mine myself also. I use tweezers. I go to the shop to have them done once or twice a year for shaping.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 24th May 2010, 11:42 pm

Well yesterday I was too lazy to go to Rite Aid for Giovanni so I used some Tui Shampoo from Carols Daughter I use to love this product it made my hair soft and defined the curls I never get that from a poo and it smells like bubble gum (gotta love that). But Gio is still my fav.

I didn't get the same results as other with the Sheamoisture deep conditioner. I'm not even sure how to describe how it made my hair feel. I knew I wouldnt like it after applying because my hands felt sticky and icky. It wasn't soft at all so I will be going back to Aubrey Organics. Damn shame I be wasting money like I got it like that lol.

But after detangling with HH everything was cool again. Trimmed my ends and took an inch and a half off the front. Before I cut it I could see some length and it must be due to the twisting I have been doing for so many weeks. I love my twist I don't think I will ever get tired of this style.

@ Chrs Thanks for stopping by I need to hit yours up. You are always rocking some dope styles.
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th May 2010, 11:50 pm

i like my tui poo too. i just went to the store to get the mimosa honey and the jojoba sheen spray! love em both. however, my tui smoothie is running out and im mad at that; hsn has another gift set where u get the tui smoothie, 4 oz hair milk and jojoba sheen spray for $30!!! WTH; i just spent 32 on the mimosa n spray alone.

so are u totally NOT gonna use the sheamoisture again? give it another chance...dont count it out just yet. well i havent used it yet but i like to try a product at least 3 times before i toss it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 30th June 2010, 2:35 am

A whole month has passed and I have not posted anything on CurlStreet... Shame shame shame on me. Well I have been really busy with an online class that ends tomorrow, the end of a hectic work year (work in a school so Im on vaca!!!) and just getting back from MIA.

For my trip I rocked my faithful twists I'll post pics. But I have been dying to cornrow my hair because it loves it sooo much. When I use to wear sew in weaves my hair grew like wild flower so for a week or 2 I will be trying a new techinique called the invisible part weave. And of course my inspiration is Rhianna. I think I love her styles because we share a similar feature and she works with it very well -the big foreheads lol. Heres a pic of what is to come. Pics will be posted no later than Friday. Unless I put it off so I can rock my Fro on July 4th

[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer My_sty11[/img]

B-Y-E
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 2nd July 2010, 4:18 pm

So the hair I bought was too long so my Rhi-sipration didn't come out how I wanted it. I wanted to my hair to get a break and keep hair off my neck but it didn't work out. The style s cute but too long and it looks like a wig lol. Pic is kind of grainy
[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14/Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer Weave_10[/img]
I put it in Wednesday night and I am taking out tomorrow night. Yes I know didn"t give my hair much of a break but Itheirs no way Im missing out on Afro Day on Sunday. what kind of naturalista would I be if I didn't particpate. Before putting in my weave/wig I fouled around with my hair to see what a fro would like like her are the results
[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/Beautifulyfe: Peace Out Summer Fro_bm10[/img]
My hair in the front has a really loose curl pattern I can't even say it curls thats why I let it hang in my face. For Sunday Im going to twist my hair and set the front on rods for extra help then pic it out. Can't wait to see how many Fros I will see in NY.
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 2nd July 2010, 6:08 pm

That 'fro looks awesome! You certainly will be rocking it out on Sunday!

Although I'm not in the USA I am still gonna participate in INTERnational Fro Day (as I think it should be renamed). I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing all the awesome fro pics that will be posted here.
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd July 2010, 11:51 pm

Very nice fro! I think mine will look similar! Pure awesomeness!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next