CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 5:13 pm

MellowOne wrote:Hey KNH, both styles are really cute I love the bang look. I likee your hair color is that all from henna?

Hey Mel...

Thanks hun!!! No the color I have is a result of henna over color. But the ends are henna over color and the roots are 100% henna!! In the sun light the roots are very pretty!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 5:13 pm

MellowOne wrote:Hey KNH, both styles are really cute I love the bang look. I likee your hair color is that all from henna?

Hey Mel...

Thanks hun!!! No the color I have is a result of henna over color. But the ends are henna over color and the roots are 100% henna!! In the sun light the roots are very pretty!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 5:15 pm

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:gREAT REVIEW!! ANd your pictures are beautiful!! I want to do the henna this weekend. Can you tell me the steps you took?? I want all the help i can get . THanks again for it.your soo sweet! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Icon_biggrin

Hey Scrug...

Thanks, and you are welcome. Let me know if you need anything else....I posted my henna mix in your thread!!!

((hugs))
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 13th July 2010, 5:16 pm

KNH... You don't sweat in your scalp when you work out? I do! Especially in those cardio classes. That alone would make me co-wash! I always get the sweat off of my scalp. When I don't my hair gets SUPER DRY! Oh well, not trying to be an enabler here but... LOL!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 5:18 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Man... sucks they had to cut off your lock.... I'm serously considering starting a workout routine..... maybe....ok...probably???

Yeah...and come to find out, it wasn't my lock. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Confused My lock was in my locker, so we were all puzzled by that!! I can't figure out what happened. I'm so enjoying working out...go ahead just do it!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 5:21 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:KNH... You don't sweat in your scalp when you work out? I do! Especially in those cardio classes. That alone would make me co-wash! I always get the sweat off of my scalp. When I don't my hair gets SUPER DRY! Oh well, not trying to be an enabler here but... LOL!

I don't really sweat per se' but my bangs are wet, but not really.... Okay Poetic...you are so not helping!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Lol No I really don't sweat that bad...in fact it helps the style. Plus my hair doesn't smell, and Penny is still very hydrate!! SMH...I'm a mess!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 5:22 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:hey KNH. Just passing through. KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Icon_biggrin

Hey...I'm late but I made it to see you yesterday!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 6:50 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Hey KNH! That style is so cute!! && congrats on being able to do your first PS without synthetic hair!!! I'm still so in love with your color, I'm debating between doing mine a brownish/auburn color or more of a red color, just can't decide.

SN- how r u liking the Kinky Curly Come Clean?? I love my KCKT and the custard alot and am thinking of ordering the Come Clean when I reorder my KCKT

Thanks mstokes!!

My color is a result of henna on top of permanet color!! I got lucky!!!

I'm so loving the Kinky Curly Come Clean....I'm glad I revisited this product!! Re-order...you don't have a WholeFoods near you? hummmm I wish I could get bottles of this stuff and ship it to all of you, but after shipping I'm sure it will cost more than what you are paying on line!!!

CocaColaCutie wrote:Hey KNH. Glad you like the kimmaytube leave in! Love this new style you've got going on!

Thanks C-Cube!! That leave-in is amazing!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Omg that hair looks great, congrats!

awwww...thanks Sweet! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Icon_redface

poeticlyspkng wrote:Very cute pin up girl! What's this aloe spritzer you're talking about? I made some a week or so ago but haven't revisited. Maybe I should. Hmmm... Anyway, thanks for the BnB review. It sounds awesome. Maybe that will be my first online purchase!

Thanks Poetic..I ordered the spritzer from butters~n~bars!!! I tried to make the aloe grow spritz when I had braids, but it was sticky to me. (I'm sure I did something wrong) This spritzer is sooo good. I love the smell and it keep my hair moist!!! I used it yesterday and this morning my twists in the back were still very moist!! Try it you might love it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th July 2010, 6:53 pm

swoodward wrote:Hey KNH, missed you for 2 days and dag!!!

Anywho, the twisted hair is so cute and does what I think are the most important things - looks good and protects your hair. Lovely! I liked the bang look too - very sassy!

KCKT is like gold round here. My sister and I almost cried last time we went to Whole Foods and it wasn't there... We went to a second Whole foods the next day!

I love Come Clean - it's really gentle for clarifier too.

I am going to make the Leave in now. Three days of W&G's and protein stylers made my hair VERY unhappy!

Off to copy you!!!

Hey Swoodward...

Glad you made it by!! KCKT is going real fast...I plan to swing by WholeFoods tomorrow and get a bottle. I only have enough left for one more batch! I like Come Clean as well. I don't know why I stopped using its.

I can't wait to see your up do!!! You are going to look too cute!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 13th July 2010, 7:17 pm

KNH,

Stay strong, you can keep the style in...I know you can. I've been pinning so long it's hard for me to keep mine out.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th July 2010, 7:50 pm

Hey KNH!

I think you're so used to doing your hair everyday that its may take a little time for you to get used to the protective styling. I workout and sweat in my hair but I wear a scarf when I workout and use a spritz on my scalp and hair afterwards.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 13th July 2010, 11:12 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
poeticlyspkng wrote:KNH... You don't sweat in your scalp when you work out? I do! Especially in those cardio classes. That alone would make me co-wash! I always get the sweat off of my scalp. When I don't my hair gets SUPER DRY! Oh well, not trying to be an enabler here but... LOL!

I don't really sweat per se' but my bangs are wet, but not really.... Okay Poetic...you are so not helping!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Lol No I really don't sweat that bad...in fact it helps the style. Plus my hair doesn't smell, and Penny is still very hydrate!! SMH...I'm a mess!! LOL

LOL! Sorry girl! I only mean to be a GOOD influence! Wink
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 11:56 am

Notthecoolmom wrote:KNH,

Stay strong, you can keep the style in...I know you can. I've been pinning so long it's hard for me to keep mine out.

Thanks NTCM...I'm still pinned up!!! LOL I am going to make this work, and only let Penny out on the weekends. It's hard, but I'm sure by the second week I'll get use to it!!

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH!

I think you're so used to doing your hair everyday that its may take a little time for you to get used to the protective styling. I workout and sweat in my hair but I wear a scarf when I workout and use a spritz on my scalp and hair afterwards.

Hey KC...

You're right...it will take me a minute, but I'm bound and determined to make this pin up with. Would like to see if this will help me retain length!! I do wear a scraf, but I don't spritz afterwards..will try that as well!! Thanks!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 11:58 am

Well...its day 4 and I'm still wearing my protective style. I will not shampoo/co-wash until Friday. I have a birthday dinner to attend so I will let Penny loose then!!

Still on track with my workout and enjoying it!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Take care
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th July 2010, 12:24 pm

Good going, i know its still cute. And congrats with your workout, you are doing good. you will have to post some progress pictures, come on dont be scared you know we got your back.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 12:40 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Good going, i know its still cute. And congrats with your workout, you are doing good. you will have to post some progress pictures, come on dont be scared you know we got your back.

Hey CrissyQ

Penny is holding up really well. I'm enjoying and learning a lot as I attend these different cardio and strength classes. I should post a before picture, but I'm so self-conscious of my size. I'm not big, but I'm not small like I used to be and I'm not real comfortable with taking full body pictures.

If you notice, all of the pictures I post are only from the top up. So I'll work on taking and posting a full body picture. Thanks for pushing and encouraging me to do so!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th July 2010, 12:48 pm

I love your protective styling!! Very nice. They look like styles I might be able to do.....I might have to steal some of those soon.

Just dropping in to say hello! Congrats on keeping up with your workout! I so envy those who don't sweat a whole lot. I'm usually pouring with sweat. YUCK!! But it feels so good when I'm done!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th July 2010, 1:31 pm

Hey KNH...how you doin? :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 1:43 pm

nattyblog wrote:I love your protective styling!! Very nice. They look like styles I might be able to do.....I might have to steal some of those soon.

Just dropping in to say hello! Congrats on keeping up with your workout! I so envy those who don't sweat a whole lot. I'm usually pouring with sweat. YUCK!! But it feels so good when I'm done!

Hey nattyb....

I did this protective style by accident...I twisted my hair and didn't want to do a twist out, and a protective stlye was born!!! I really like it...and I am working on getting pass the urge to co-wash my hair!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Icon_pale

I'm glad that I only sweat a little, but I understand that sweating is good. So I hope I'm burning enough calories....hummmm I do feel good after I get pass the pain!!! LOL What do they say...NO Pain, No Gain!!!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH...how you doin? :-)

Hey RYL!!

Girl....I'm doing GREAT!!! Today I did a Nightclub Cardio class and I looked in the mirror and almost fell out!!! I look like my mama trying to do those hip hop dances!!! I may not look 49, but I dance like a 49 year old woman. What is with all that booty shaking anyway??? I mean what happened to dances like the cabbage patch, and the Kid and Play? I'm just saying.......**I guess my age is really showing now** ROTFL KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 Icon_wink
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 14th July 2010, 3:50 pm

Alright, your twists are so cute!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 14th July 2010, 7:30 pm

I was wondering what Nightclub cardio was like. I haven't been to a club in YEARS so I'd probably look the same....hubby and I took a hiphop class ONCE before there was any sign of "hubby and I". We went through the routine for about 30 mins and she sped it up some much we ended up dancing for about 30 seconds of the song....we never went back. (It was a Nelly song...how old is that?!)
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th July 2010, 10:47 pm

Nightclub cardio??? I'm 29 and I'd probably pass out.... and there'd be waaaaaaaay too much giggling going on for me to do that!!

So like were you doing the Stanky leg? I'm so super serious right now.... it sounds like fun.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th July 2010, 11:55 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Nightclub cardio??? I'm 29 and I'd probably pass out.... and there'd be waaaaaaaay too much giggling going on for me to do that!!

So like were you doing the Stanky leg? I'm so super serious right now.... it sounds like fun.

LOL the stanky leg???? Girl i am on the floor, ok KNH spill it are you doing the stanky leg KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 39 617583
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 15th July 2010, 12:23 pm

I'm with everybody else did you do the stanky leg lol. This sounds like a fun class to go to with some girlfriends. Congrats on sticking with your workout, that is hard to do (or at least for me it is lol).
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th July 2010, 1:08 pm

CocoEuro wrote:Alright, your twists are so cute!!!

Thanks...CocoE!! I'm liking this style more and more each day!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next