CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 32 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th February 2011, 8:24 pm

Nikcoils wrote:Your hair has grown sooo much! Look at that puff...love the bday hairdo.

Thanks!!!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey JnB...

You mom's hair is really thriving under your care! I love her color. I don't remember, but did she get it professionally done?

Hope to see you soon!!

TTYL

Well, technically yes. My grandmother is a licensed hairdresser and she does it. But at home. However, this weekend I did it for her. And I'm a pro-fess-sion-al. Right? Lol. Haha. Speaking of which, I'm actually going to be highlighting my own hair this weekend. affraid Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 32 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by SheeTacular 9th February 2011, 3:03 pm

Hey JnB! How are you? I haven't had a chance to watch the vid yet but I know that you and mom are fierce!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th February 2011, 2:46 pm

Cute avi and I cant wait to see your highlights! Mom's hair is looking great as well. I had to laugh about the "grease", some things will never change. lol, my Mom is the same way!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th February 2011, 4:42 pm

Xal is looking good. She is growing and looks great! How is she doing now?

You are doing a great job with your mom's hair. Did you do fingercoils on her hair? It looked like it in some pictures but you mentioned twisting it.

Take care lady!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 12:19 am

SheeTacular wrote:Hey JnB! How are you? I haven't had a chance to watch the vid yet but I know that you and mom are fierce!!

let me know how u like it when u do

jlowman1 wrote:Cute avi and I cant wait to see your highlights! Mom's hair is looking great as well. I had to laugh about the "grease", some things will never change. lol, my Mom is the same way!

yes indeed. Some things NEVER change

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Xal is looking good. She is growing and looks great! How is she doing now?

You are doing a great job with your mom's hair. Did you do fingercoils on her hair? It looked like it in some pictures but you mentioned twisting it.

Take care lady!

Yes. The first few shots was comb/finger coils. The rest were wash and gos.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 32 Empty New Styles- Mini Twists and Curlformers

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 1:28 am

Soooo just to show you a few styles I did. The first is mini or shall I say micro mini twists. I really liked them. I wore them for 3 weeks. Then I washed them. Then I took the twists down about 4 days later. I had an amazing twistout.

Next is my experience with Curlformers. The first time was in December. I only bought 40 but that wasn't nearly enough. So I bought a few more packs and tried again. I loved the result. I also used a better setting lotion. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get very good second day hair. So... I'm not sure they are worth the investment.

Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 21st February 2011, 3:31 am

Hi JNB,

Love the micro twists. The updo was cute too.

Your first day results with the curlformers was great!! Sorry, you werent about to get day 2 hair. Maybe pin curl the curls before bed then put on the satin bonnet. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:46 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hi JNB,

Love the micro twists. The updo was cute too.

Your first day results with the curlformers was great!! Sorry, you werent about to get day 2 hair. Maybe pin curl the curls before bed then put on the satin bonnet. Smile

That's a GREAT idea IB... I will definitely try that next time!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st February 2011, 8:56 am

Cute micro twists! Did you find the Curlformers difficult to use? I haven't used them but I was wondering if they were hard to put in your hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st February 2011, 10:27 am

Very very cute!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd February 2011, 3:14 am

krazy coils wrote:Cute micro twists! Did you find the Curlformers difficult to use? I haven't used them but I was wondering if they were hard to put in your hair.

Nope. They're extremely easy! And u can put them in pretty quick.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Very very cute!!!

Thanks Sweet!

Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 22nd February 2011, 6:02 pm

omg i love the progress of ur hair!! loving ur twists!!!! don't worry about the shrinkage when doing the twists cuz it gets better when ur hair gets longer. maybe u can try wrapping ur twists like how we do when permed or relaxed to help elongate them. love the results from ur first curlformer set!! what setting lotion did u use?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 22nd February 2011, 6:39 pm

Good job on the mini twists and curls! Very cute!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 22nd February 2011, 8:15 pm

Loved the micro twists and the curlformers do! I thought about buying some, maybe once my hair gets longer.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd February 2011, 8:34 pm

WOW look at you. Your hair has really grown, and you are workin those twist! Good job JnB.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 22nd February 2011, 8:36 pm

Very cute curls and twists. You done good!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 22nd February 2011, 9:13 pm

hey JB Smile

I absolutely love the mini twists!!! i agree w/dajewel about trying to stretch them by wrapping. If you have trouble with that, you can also try to put them in a low ponytail (or two low ponytails) in the back = stretched twists.

P.S. your highlights really :: pop :: in the curlformer set
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd February 2011, 1:21 am

dajewel wrote:omg i love the progress of ur hair!! loving ur twists!!!! don't worry about the shrinkage when doing the twists cuz it gets better when ur hair gets longer. maybe u can try wrapping ur twists like how we do when permed or relaxed to help elongate them. love the results from ur first curlformer set!! what setting lotion did u use?

I used lottabody. And I actually tried wrapping them. But that was a bit of a disaster. Remember when relaxed you had to "train" your hair into a wrap. As in, when you wrap it for the first time, it doesn't lay. And also when u take it down it's super wacky looking. Well I forgot that. And that's what happened. But I may give it another shot.

Funkyhairchic wrote:Good job on the mini twists and curls! Very cute!

Thanks!

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Loved the micro twists and the curlformers do! I thought about buying some, maybe once my hair gets longer.

Go for it!

CrissyQ wrote:WOW look at you. Your hair has really grown, and you are workin those twist! Good job JnB.

Thanks! Your hair has grown alot too!!!

MissyCee wrote:Very cute curls and twists. You done good!!!

Thanks!!!

Kea wrote:hey JB Smile

I absolutely love the mini twists!!! i agree w/dajewel about trying to stretch them by wrapping. If you have trouble with that, you can also try to put them in a low ponytail (or two low ponytails) in the back = stretched twists.

P.S. your highlights really :: pop :: in the curlformer set

Thanks! Since the wrapping didn't work I'll try the low pony next time. That sounds like the perfect idea.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 4:43 am

im loving all the pics documentary movies, lol. u have some good length despite the heat damage part! i was laughin at ur mom not seein the length n still using the bad grease Razz u know old folks dont like change boooy!! her carrot top color is awesome n those curls are surely popping. did she see the vid cuz i can clearly see the growth!

i was scared of curl formers...were they easy to put in? and when are u comin back to do another vid.... bounce
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 25th February 2011, 1:24 pm

Love the mini twists!!! But those curlformer 1st day results almost sold me,,,,and I definitely not a PJ!!! It looked so good and like it had a good hold. Please let us know if the pincurling helps next time.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 26th February 2011, 2:29 am

Hey JnB!!!!! I am making my rounds after a long hiatus ^_^ Anyhoo, I bought a Curlformers set about a year ago, I should of kept it but I returned it. Now I want it again Crying or Very sad

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 26th February 2011, 12:12 pm

Loving the two styles. I am thinking about doing mini twists. How long did it take you to do them?
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th February 2011, 1:14 am

hey jnb i love the two styles sorry the curl formers didn't last my cuz had the same problem. she hated that she wasted all that time putting thst style together and got day out of it. she did try pin curls and it work so what for her. she think that she didn't do the pin curls right so she said she try again at a later date
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th February 2011, 2:14 pm

Hey lil sis...

I'm loving your pictures. I really like your mini twists. Did you blow dry your hair then twisted, and what product did you use to twist with. Your twist out was to die for!!!

So I really like the curlformers as well...can you come to my hair?

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 28th February 2011, 5:12 pm

The mini twists are cute! You can also put the mini twist on the curlformers for a twist a curl look.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next