CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Lynnieluve 5th May 2010, 10:43 pm

In the words of Sweetdrk1 - Aww skooky, skooky now!!

That twist is FABULOUS!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Curly_Aquarius 5th May 2010, 11:12 pm

Cute Twists! JnB:)
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th May 2010, 12:29 am

Your twist out is gorgeous J-n-B. Go 'head xal! Love the last two pics!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th May 2010, 4:19 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:oooooo weee look at that definition!!!! Go head!!

.:Eden:. wrote:Your twist out look FAB!!

Lynnieluve wrote:In the words of Sweetdrk1 - Aww skooky, skooky now!!

That twist is FABULOUS!!

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Cute Twists! JnB:)

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your twist out is gorgeous J-n-B. Go 'head xal! Love the last two pics!

Thanks so much everyone! Ya'll have no idea how much ya'll boost my confidence. I feel so loved.

bholmes87 wrote:I totally agree this twistout is amazing!!!! Did
you do anything different than before?

Not particularly. I think it's just the general improvement of getting better at twists. As well as my hair getting longer like I said before which helped with the shape. And this is the first time I used this particular product combo so that could be it as well. But the jury is still out about that. We shall see if I can achieve similar results with something different.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th May 2010, 4:46 am

Just wanted to give a quick reggie update. As I've now learned by Shee posting the video by BlackOnyx and others advice, I realize I was missing a key step in the moisturizing of my hair. Which is the water based leave in. I usually use a product that has water, but they're creamy so I think they will work better for a different step in the process. I think this will give me that something I was missing but couldn't quite put my finger on before. With advice from Agore, I made a leave in mix that I will be using on my hair. I will apply this mix before I use my products such as Qhemet AOHC, Oyin Whipped Pudding, Afroveda TT, etc.

Here are the ingredients I used to make the mix:

Water
Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner
Jojoba Oil infused with Lavender, Rosemary, and Peppermint Oils
Vegetable Glycerin
Vitamin E

Here are the steps:

When I attempted a leave in mix before I had trouble dissolving the conditioner. So to avoid that this time and make sure everything is evenly distributed, I mixed the things in a different order using geometric dilution (IB is probably the only one who will know what I'm talking about, but I'll attempt to explain). I poured a generous amount of the KCKT in the spray bottle. Next I added about a teaspoon or two of the Jojoba/EO mix. I then stirred them together. Next I squirted in about a teaspoon or so of vegetable glycerin. (I'd love some advice on exactly how much of this you should use in mixes for the future if anyone would like to share) I then stirred everything again. Then, I added just a small amount of water, just enough to dissolve the mix. And then stirred. Then I continued to small amounts of water, stirring and swirling, and repeat until the bottle was full. (This is geometric dilution). Finally I added a few drops of Vitamin E to preserve and swirled. I actually meant to add the Vitamin E in the first steps before I applied the water, but I forgot. All of that probably isn't necessary, but I just wanted to make sure as it didn't go well last time I tried.

I would also like to give a skin care update. I'm not sure if you noticed, but in my last few sets of pics, I had some small bumps on my face. It's not acne, I have pretty dry skin and don't get pimples and stuff. Just weird little bumps. I don't know. However, I think I attribute it to the Oyin Whipped Shea Butter I'd been using on my face. Before I bought that I was using just plain Now Brand Raw Shea Butter. So, I decided to go back to it and even within a week I feel my skin has already improved. I do intend to make my own Whipped Shea mix for my face just for consistency purposes, but for now I'm using the raw shea. I think my face responds better to it.

I also want to share a moisturizing mask I made last week. I have extremely dry skin (itchy, flaky, red, when left untreated to it's own vices) so I'm not sure how everyone's skin will react, but it worked wonders for me. I made a mix of honey, sweet almond oil, and just a small amount of shea butter to thicken up the mix. I applied it to my face for about 5 minutes and then rinsed off. The next day when I woke my skin was instantly brighter, and people told me I was glowing. I think it's the honey. I will definitely be adding this to my skin care regimen.

I apologize for this post being so long, but I won't be logging on tomorrow and I had alot I wanted to say. Lol. But of course, I won't leave you guys hanging without a treat. Pics! tonight I went to a Cinco de Mayo party and wanted to be festive. So here's my Spanish Senorita look.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 3 Twisto16

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 3 Twisto17

See you guys on Friday!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 6th May 2010, 7:24 am

Interesting!!! Thanks for the mix recipes!!! The mask sounds great!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 6th May 2010, 8:33 am

love the twistout!! I love long posts!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th May 2010, 11:26 am

I love the red lips!! Get it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th May 2010, 3:18 pm

You are working the red lipstick. It looks fantastic you on. I want to do that one day, just have to find the right shade.

I like the mix you made for your water based moisturizer. Some of the other curlies have mentioned that they use KCKT alone as a leave in too. Is there any reason you mixed the other stuff in or was it just a way to have a complete spritz before applying the other stuff you mention (Oyin WP, Afroveda TT, etc.)? Just curious.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 6th May 2010, 3:39 pm

In the words of PhillyDiva WERK IT!!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th May 2010, 4:09 pm

that shea mask sounds good, i may try that one. so far my oil cleanse (evoo n castor) is workin well for me; i finish it up wit coconut oil (lately) or some healthy hair butter (subtle essence). i see ur becoming quite the mixtress!!

GOOOOOO GIRL WIT THOSE FIERY FIERCE **waving finger** RED LIPS!! i need to find me a right shade of red but im scared
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th May 2010, 5:01 pm

Love the twists....you've mastered the technique. You looked cute and all with your red lipstick!!! Go Girl!!!

See around Friday!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 6th May 2010, 5:13 pm

JNB- I have been MIA for a little bit. I gave up natural sites for Lent. That started my HIATUS. Then I was busy at work once Lent was over. THEN, I just got back from vacation for a week in Vegas. After that... busy at work, LOL.

I'll be visible again next week.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 9:32 pm

Ooooo! Look at those red lips!!! Work it!!! Cute hair accessory too.

Dont you love it when you figure things out (hair/skin/etc)!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th May 2010, 12:53 pm

Love the red lip! You look great!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th May 2010, 1:28 pm

So that I won't use the quote or multiquote, I'll just give a huge thank
you to all. I will answer a few more specific posts though.

From Dva: I like the mix you made for your water based moisturizer. Some
of
the other curlies have mentioned that they use KCKT alone as a leave in
too. Is there any reason you mixed the other stuff in or was it just a
way to have a complete spritz before applying the other stuff you
mention (Oyin WP, Afroveda TT, etc.)? Just curious.

The KCKT is great by itself. However, it can be expensive to use as a
leave in every time. So I think diluting it is a great idea. I got the
mix idea from Agore. The KCKT is a water based leave in, the oils added
for extra oomph, and I've been hearing that veggie glycerin (a
humectant) is great to use in the summer.

From Nubie: GOOOOOO GIRL WIT THOSE FIERY FIERCE **waving finger** RED LIPS!! i need
to find me a right shade of red but im scared

Don't be scared girl try it out. I was a bit concerned cuz those colors don't usually look good with my complexion, but I tried to make it work.

From Pinkrage: JNB- I have been MIA for a little bit. I gave up natural sites for Lent.
That started my HIATUS. Then I was busy at work once Lent was over.
THEN, I just got back from vacation for a week in Vegas. After that...
busy at work, LOL.

I'll be visible again next week.

We will be awaiting your return! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 3 Icon_smile
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 7th May 2010, 1:33 pm

Cute pics, J & B! Your mask sounds good...I may have to borrow the recipe!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th May 2010, 1:36 pm

So my may purchases are complete. I went to the Original Fragrance Shop yesterday. She was running a package special. So for $40 I got the Conditioning Shampoo, Hair Pudding Conditioner, Curl Soufle, Hair Definer, and Gloss Effects. She also threw in a sample size of her Hair Butter. Sister Roberta was very nice. I will be posting a review once I use the products. I also participated in the Qhemet sale. Fairly disappointed it was only 15%. It didn't even balance out the cost of shipping. But, I got a full size of the Burdock Root Butter Cream and Honeybush Soft Tea Gel. Then I got a sample of the Ghee (I already have another sample) and a sample of the AOHC. The only reason I got the full size Burdock and the sample AOHC is because it's summer. And I hear the Burdock is lighter so I'm hoping to get some good results from it. I ordered the sample of the AOHC just in case I have a particularly dry day. I am hoping that the Burdock is still moisturizing for my 4a/b hair. And I'm hoping the Soft Tea Gel gives me hold while still maintaining softness. I already have a full size of the OHHB which is why it wasn't included in my purchases.

I am still wearing this twist out. And it continues to swell. I'm definitely going to have to pin up the sides or put in a puff today cuz it's starting to go awry.

And again, thank you all for your support.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 8th May 2010, 12:35 am

Hey JNB! Your hair looks great. The twistout has become my signature look. And the style lasts me 3-4 days.

I also purchased some items from Qhemet:OHHB, BRBC, and I already have some AOHC. Have you ever used any of these products for your twists? And if so, did u get a good hold from either?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th May 2010, 1:31 am

I have used the OHHB and AOHC combo for twists before. I did them on dry twists, which hold better naturally so I'm not sure what to attribute the results to. I would have to use them together more times to get an accurate idea. But I know many who have success with this combo. I ordered the Soft Tea Gel so I'm hoping that will have a little more hold.

BTW, Your new avi looks great! I'm so glad you finally found a signature style.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th May 2010, 9:16 am

Hey Lil Sis!

Have a great weekend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th May 2010, 10:16 am

Hey lady!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th May 2010, 3:29 pm

Hello all!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 8th May 2010, 10:23 pm

BTW-your twists look good.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th May 2010, 10:50 pm

Thanks CK!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next