CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 13 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by coilykinks 13th January 2011, 11:30 pm

Hi Priceless.

Just checking on you.The pictures of the twists are gorgeous!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 13 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 14th January 2011, 3:38 pm

coilykinks wrote:Hi Priceless.

Just checking on you.The pictures of the twists are gorgeous!

thanks i feel that even in my twist my hair has this shrinking thing going on
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 14th January 2011, 3:38 pm

changing the title
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 14th January 2011, 11:08 pm

i have noticed that the longer my hair gets that the curl pattern keeps changing. I feel that the longer parts of my hair have a looser curl pattern then the short parts of my hair.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 13 Empty hair goals

Post by priceless 15th January 2011, 10:08 pm

My hair goals for this year to get healthier longer hair. I am trying to grow 10-14inchs in the next 4 years to donate for locks of love. My work roommate has been on this goal path since the summer and has introduced me to some people that has already donated to the cause. She is anglo and i always thought that the cause was not looking for hair like mine. To my dumb surprise I was wrong that are in desparate need for afro hair. i have made this not only a goal to focus on this year but a part of my bucklist to meet this goal. I have to figure out how to maintain the length and much as possible so perserving my ends will also be a challenge. I have joined the 2011 hair growth challenge and i am excited.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th January 2011, 4:07 pm

Hey priceless. Donating to locks of love is an awesome and generous endeavor. Way to go. I think NPMoore on here was planning to donate too. Loved all your pictures and the idea that a job can take you to Cancun. Where can I sign up? Razz
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 19th January 2011, 3:30 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey priceless. Donating to locks of love is an awesome and generous endeavor. Way to go. I think NPMoore on here was planning to donate too. Loved all your pictures and the idea that a job can take you to Cancun. Where can I sign up? Razz

I just have to stay focus to do it espcially when i have a lot of family members that like me with short hair. My plan is to only trim those unruly split ends. yes NPMoore is the one that is donating i believe and she is so much further then I. I will be reading up on her process she also help with my decision, helping to know that their is another coily curly donating. thanks for stopping by. I work for a airline so I am all over the place most of the time. Their are a couple airlines that are hiring Laughing
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st January 2011, 6:52 pm

Yes, my scalp itches more in the winter. I think it is a combination of wetting my head less and the dry air both outside and inside. A humidifier where you sleep can help. I had one but opening the daggone area where you have to pour in the water seals up on me. DH & I have the hardest time trying to open it every night. I may end up investing in another one. I think it does help relieve the dryness.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 21st January 2011, 7:56 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, my scalp itches more in the winter. I think it is a combination of wetting my head less and the dry air both outside and inside. A humidifier where you sleep can help. I had one but opening the daggone area where you have to pour in the water seals up on me. DH & I have the hardest time trying to open it every night. I may end up investing in another one. I think it does help relieve the dryness.

Thamks for your reply I have been really trying to keep my hair as moisturized as possible. I will have to look into the humidifers both for health and hair. i say health because i swear hubby and I allegeries have been the worst this season.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 13 Empty butters n bars

Post by priceless 21st January 2011, 8:16 pm

butters n bars hair conditioning mask

Ingredients: 100% Australian Pink clay and Moroccan Mud (Rasshoul clay), aloe vera
juice, hemp seed oil, olive oil ,raw honey and silk protein, grapefruitseed extract, and
germall (formaldehyde and sulfate free preservative)

Will I repurchase: I believe so

I use this product as directed on clean hair. My process was as follow I washed hair with dr organics almond soap. I did this process twice to make sure had not product in it. I then applied the conditioning hair mask from root to tip section by section from the back toward the front. I put a shower cap on hair and let sit for 1 hr. got in the shower and rinse hair. Hair felt a lil stretched to me in which the product say that it was not going to loosen. I really did not mind this discovery at all though. after rinsing until the water was clear i then applied yes to cucumbers as a leavin in. hair felt soft and curls were defined in a little looser effect. so to keep the moisture I decided to put in the grow my hair butter also by butter n bars and mt hair felt extra moisturized. I styled with a a headband and was out the door.

I will continue to use product til it is gone and see if my opinion changes but so far i like the product. product does have henna in it and it does not change the color of your hair at all.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd January 2011, 10:40 am

I have this and it didn't wow me! Maybe I need to try it again. Great review!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 22nd January 2011, 3:42 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I have this and it didn't wow me! Maybe I need to try it again. Great review!

How many times did you try it? I feel some products i have to try more then once to really get a review on it. i feel alot items don't really wow me like yes to cucumbers.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 13 Empty on dry hair

Post by priceless 25th January 2011, 1:23 am

Tangle Teezer

Purchased at Sally's price $10.21

Use: to detangle hair wet or dry.

Review:
i had cowashed my hair this morning, put in my leavein and grow my hair butter and left the house with a puff. Mind you i half detangled this am in the shower because i was running late and was hungry. I also put my hair in a hat until i got to work because its cold outside and my hair was still wet.
While out for 7 hours I have purchased the tangle teezer (in purple) today and was so excited to use it that i decided to try it on dry hair. i have learned to never detangle on dry hair but i wanted to try it anyway. I took a very small section in the middle of my head and decided to see if it will be easy to use the device. To my surprise the most tangled part of my head was gliding right along with the device. I would have to say the i was very satisfied with the device.

Will i purchase again: yes I will
Was it worth the price: yes it was
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th January 2011, 9:26 am

Its definitely worth the price!!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th January 2011, 12:56 pm

Hey Priceless! Man! I tried to get the teezer at the Sallys near my house after seeing KC's review and they were sold out. Wth?? Anyway, I called one near my job and they have them so I will be picking one up today at lunch and trying it tonight after my workout. Can't wait! Great review so far... Can't wait to see what you think after using it on wet hair.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th January 2011, 5:42 pm

Good review! I'm so glad u like it Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 25th January 2011, 7:34 pm

krazy coils wrote:Its definitely worth the price!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Priceless! Man! I tried to get the teezer at the Sallys near my house after seeing KC's review and they were sold out. Wth?? Anyway, I called one near my job and they have them so I will be picking one up today at lunch and trying it tonight after my workout. Can't wait! Great review so far... Can't wait to see what you think after using it on wet hair.

jlowman1 wrote:Good review! I'm so glad u like it Very Happy

Thanks ladies I will be trying it on wet hair this weekend when i wash again. There was only three left at the one that i went to and i got the last purple one. I had to ask the associate it get it for me cause they kind of have them hidden if you ask me.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2011, 8:14 pm

Ok, I have enough review from curlies with kinks like mine. I'm going to make a trip to Sally's this week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th January 2011, 1:08 am

priceless wrote:Tangle Teezer

Review:
i had cowashed my hair this morning, put in my leavein and grow my hair butter and left the house with a puff. Mind you i half detangled this am in the shower because i was running late and was hungry. I also put my hair in a hat until i got to work because its cold outside and my hair was still wet.
While out for 7 hours I have purchased the tangle teezer (in purple) today and was so excited to use it that i decided to try it on dry hair. i have learned to never detangle on dry hair but i wanted to try it anyway. I took a very small section in the middle of my head and decided to see if it will be easy to use the device. To my surprise the most tangled part of my head was gliding right along with the device. I would have to say the i was very satisfied with the device.

Yes ma'am so worth it!!! I've never been able to detangle on dry hair. This is an awesome product, but the funny things is Blondie tried to hip us to this in August I think...SMH

If only we had listened to her then... Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 26th January 2011, 6:24 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
priceless wrote:Tangle Teezer

Review:

Yes ma'am so worth it!!! I've never been able to detangle on dry hair. This is an awesome product, but the funny things is Blondie tried to hip us to this in August I think...SMH

If only we had listened to her then... Very Happy

the funny part about it is i saw that post when she posted it but i was told in sally's that they just started getting them 2 months ago. So i never saw it anywhere until jlow said sally's.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 26th January 2011, 7:37 pm

seriously everyone is raving about the tangle teezer which I was near a Sally's too. Now another thing on my list for summer. lol
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 27th January 2011, 12:13 am

kim wrote:seriously everyone is raving about the tangle teezer which I was near a Sally's too. Now another thing on my list for summer. lol

Heard they sell them online if you did not want to wait for the summer. Or you waiting for the summer for a reason. I see that you are in japan I would love to go there. wait is that y you waiting til the summer?
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 27th January 2011, 3:44 am

Hey Priceless!

That Tangle Teezer is the biz! (I had to come through and say that...LOL)

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 27th January 2011, 10:19 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Priceless!

That Tangle Teezer is the biz! (I had to come through and say that...LOL)

Yes it is the real biz
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 6th February 2011, 3:29 am

hello everyone

I had to take a break and get to work. With all the snow in the east coast and the weather changes around the country i have been worked to death. This is finally a day that i get to relax and see the superbowl. Although my hubby and friends are going to be in dallas for the event with out me i am happy to relax.

Hair
My cousin has been doing a trial run on her conditioner. It is actually a pre poo that she has been hand making and putting in her hair for a few years now. She has finally been branching out and let the family sample it and i think that i like it. i feel that she really needs to tweek it a little with the labels and such before she can put it really on the market. She had a hair session with me last sat and it was fun she actually tried a few things on my head and they all smelled pretty good. She has been natural for 2 1/2 years now but still goes to get her hair blown out. her product is red envy on Facebook. I am so excited for her

Updates

I really like the oil rinses they have been doing greak for my hair. I think that i have a routine finally

Wash depending what week it is and how dirty hair is
DC
oil rinse
cowash/detangle
apply leave in
oils
and style for 2-5 days

On daily
spritz or rinse refreshing the style
oil at night
tie hair at night with scraf or bonnet

wash once a month before treatment like henna
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next