CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes!

+9
Curlz of Luv
bholmes87
NubieNatty
jamaicacurl
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
A-Felice
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes! - Page 2 Empty Re: A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 13th May 2010, 2:55 am

How about trying bantu knots?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes! - Page 2 Empty Re: A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th May 2010, 11:49 pm

To help stretching WnGs, you can try using a leave in or moisturizer that is not water-based. Aubrey Organics conditioners come to mind.

Great to hear about your graduation! Hope you find a nice plce to live in NY.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 14th May 2010, 12:41 am

Do you mean using aubrey organics as a leave in? Or do they sell leave ins? Also I have not tried bantu knots since my transition, I don't know if I would like it on short hair. I might try it and let you guys know how it went
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th May 2010, 8:33 am

I would suggest braid-outs as a stretched out style. It will stretch your hair a little more than twists. Also if you do twists try them on damp or dry hair it won't shrink up as much.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th May 2010, 8:48 am

hey felice!! congrats on graduating!! u should try the twist on dry hair, that always does the trick on stretchin for me! practice...practice...practice!! those 2 strands will be perfect in no time!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th May 2010, 5:18 pm

Do you mean using aubrey organics as a leave in? Or do they sell leave ins? I meant I leave in the AO conditioners as my leave-in and moisturizer.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 15th May 2010, 11:40 am

Hello all!
So, for the last couple days, I have been getting near perfect wash and goes. I waited four days to announce this, because I wanted to be absoulutely sure. I come out of the shower and my curls are super defined with minimal frizz (except for that one section of my hair that's genetically pre-determined to look like a squirrel's tail.)
What have I been doing differently? Well, I'm staying with family in new jersey until I find my place in the city (anyone with leads....pm me) and I really think the shower head makes a huge difference. It's very different to the one in my old dorm, its a bit gentler.
Also I have been using less conditioner in the shower. ( by the way guys, tresseme naturals is definitely one of my staples.) I have not been detangling and my manipulation in the shower is very, very minimal.
Same for when I finish showering. I shake my head a couple times (not too much, even this can cause frizz) and spraythen I spray jane carter's leave in and seal with her nourish and shine hair cream.
I've had four successful wash and goes using this method so I had to share. A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes! - Page 2 Icon_bounce I will post pictures maybe tomorrow after i wash.

Thanks for reading! Smile

Last edited by A-Felice on 15th May 2010, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 15th May 2010, 12:24 pm

P.S. Can i just say that the reason I have so many strange typos is because I usually update from my phone.. lol .

Sorry you guys. A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th May 2010, 1:04 pm

girl we aint trippin off typos...we know what u mean!

im glad u did more test runs to make sure u had the results of ur wash n gos more founded. thats why i like to test a product on my hair consistently for a good 3-4 times, so i guess a matter of a whole month so i can give a more accurate review on whats working for me!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th May 2010, 1:13 pm

Like @Nubie said, we know what you mean... A-Felice: Today's Celebration.... succesful wash and goes! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Cant wait to see your wash and go pics. Mine never last more than a day. Still working on that second day hair!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2